“Nice Hotel, Excellent Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Norfolk, Virginia
“Nice Hotel, Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed for two nights while participating in a local event. Check in was quick and efficient. Desk personnel were very nice and looking to help in any way the could. The hotel is next door to an Outback, across the street from a Mexican restaurant and a Shoney's, and a two minute drive from an Applebees and Logans so location is excellent.

The room was nice. Bathroom is slightly dated but it was clean and water pressure was excellent in the shower. Only downside is the water temperature tended to vary during a shower so it could get a little exciting at times.

Room had HDTV and a refrigerator. Oddly, they couldn't get ESPN the weekend I was there and the refrigerator barely worked.

AC worked very well and bed was perfect. Not too hard or too soft. Hotel has a pool, business center with PC access, and spa. Also has onsite vending machines that are remarkably well priced.

What separates this hotel from others is the great service. The front desk personnel are hospitable and if you need something they're on it. The breakfast is very good with lots of options, both hot and cold and the attendant along with the front desk person are there to ensure it remains fully stocked.

I will definitely stay here again when in Waynesboro.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Hemlock, Michigan
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I've never written a review before, but wanted to let those of you that are looking for a clean room...stay here. We stayed in a suite, which was very spacious and included microwave and fridge. It was also very quiet. Bathrooms could use updating, but were clean, and I'm picky. Note to management-- pool floor could use more routine cleaning, and broken tiles in breakfast area need attention, but, your housekeeping department rocks!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Frankfurt, Deutschland
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed at the hotel for four nights. Location is really handy, very close to Blue Ridge Parkway and Shenandoah National Park. Also lots of restaurants and shopping places nearby. Outback Steakhouse literally next door. Free breakfast was nice and included everything we were looking for: cereals, pancakes, bagels, etc...swimming pool and jacuzzi great fun for the kids! But most of all: The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff was overwhelming! My wife got sick during our stay and staff did everything to make life easier for us. Thank you so much for making us feel at home!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Indiana, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Booked a room while on the road an hour before arriving. When we checked in, both people at the counter were very nice and upgraded our room without us asking. We ended up with a jacuzzi suite and they even brought in a roll away bed when we mentioned using an air mattress. My daughter loved "swimming" in the jacuzzi! We were hot and tired from a day at Williamsburg and their service was refreshing. It was a quick stay but a good one. Just one recommendation about the breakfast area (which was full of many choices!): when cleaning the tables, please clean the table tops with one rag and the base of the tables with another. We sat and watched the lady use one rag for both. Simple fix.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Salem, Virginia
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Booking error on my part but Clinton was able to take care of me when I tried to check in. He even called the local hotels to see if he could find me a room. He and the manager (Eric) definitely went the "extra mile" to take care of me. I was able to come back and stay the following night after they took care of my billing. The room was very clean and the bathroom was clean with a large shower head with plenty of water pressure - great for a cool shower after a great workout. Also nice that my room was right next to the fitness center on the 3rd floor. The fitness center had lots of space and has very nice cardio equipment. The pool and hot tub were a nicer than most hotels I've stayed at. The breakfast had scrambled eggs w/ cheese, biscuits, and many other items to choose from. Overall this turned out to be a great visit. I have added this hotel to my favorites and plan to stay here the next time I'm in town on business.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Valrico, Florida, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340 ,for over a week. The staff here treated me like family. All were kind considerate and friendly. The breakfast they offer has everything anyone could possibly want to eat. Free bottles of water, Free goody snack bags. The rooms are very clean . There is plenty of hot water when taking showers (nice big showerheads) . Thank you , to all the staff at Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro ,for such a wonderful stay. I hope to see them all again in the fall.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor with a view of the mountains.