“Acceptable”

Quality Inn Waynesboro
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This hotel is totally adequate. It is not a great hotel but there is nothing wrong with it either. The hotel hasn't been updated since the 1960s/1970s but they are maintaining what they have.

We had an executive room. The living area was huge with two queen beds, love seat, and a desk with a chair. But it had a postage stamp sized bathroom. In past visits we have had standard rooms with two queen beds, which included a table and two chairs. The living area in those is smaller than the executive but still had plenty of space. The bathroom is a lot larger with the sink area (plenty of counter space) separated from the shower/toilet. Other relatives on the trip stayed in the building in the back (rooms designated "interior corridor"). The room they had was way too small for two people. It had one queen bed, two night stands, dresser, table and two chairs, and hanging space in the living area. There was barely enough room to walk. The bathroom was postage stamp size. Overall the rooms are clean. The carpets should be replaced (well-worn) or at least shampooed (ancient stains).

The breakfast buffet was OK. It is located in the same building as the registration desk. The pictures on the website are not representative of how it looks today. The tables are close together and there is a very small walkway between them to get to the breakfast bar. If there are more than three people in the food area, you can barely turn around or move. The food/beverages included coffees, juices, milk, cereals, waffle mix (waffle iron to make your own), biscuits and sausage gravy, mini muffins, pastries and apples. The woman at the registration desk was also in charge of breakfast - and she did an excellent job.

We were there for a family reunion weekend that was happening along Rt 340 so it was convenient for that. It is also just three miles from I-64 on Rt 250 and is close to the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive. There is a CVS right across the street in case you forget something - although the hotel offers complimentary toiletries (don't know how extensive). We were there during the annual Waynesboro Craft Show in October which I guess is some big deal so hotels fill up early.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 November 2011

This hotel is good if you plan on visiting Shenandoah National Park and the Blue Ridge Drive as it is only a few miles from where they both meet. The rooms were clean the beds comfortable and breakfast was basic. The breakfast area was very small for the amount of rooms they had. The staff were not the happiest I've met but were helpful enough. It was good value for money but don't stay there if you expect 3* accomodation

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2011

The good:
- Clean room
- Nice fixtures
- Comfortable bed
- Felt cozy and safe in the room
- Location
- Both rooms in the older building and newer building are clean.

The bad:
- only one (but a big bad), the lady who checked me in (explained below)

I wanted a room close to the lobby but the lady gave me a room in the separate older building saying that the main building was all occupied. Which it clearly wasn't given that it was just me and another car there and it was still early in the afternoon.

In the evening I asked to be moved because I noticed that the deadbolt lock was broken. Got moved to another room which was somehow locked from the inside. I expected her to come check it out but guess what she did instead? She put me in a room in the main building (without me asking)!

Whats even more telling was that most of the rooms were still not occupied! So it was clear she lied to me earlier and she knew that I picked up on that. But I didn't rub it in.

I'd like to believe that she was just being lazy however, I can't help think that perhaps it was for a more malicious reason....

Overall, the property itself is fine and I can't really fault the rooms plus it really is a good location. I just didn't much care for the way I was treated by this lady =(

Room Tip: Request for a room in the newer main building if you want something nice looking but the ones in the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2011

A bit out of the way, but it was cheap, room was clean, staff were nice. This isn't a four star but what do you expect for 65 bucks. The beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2011

When we arrived at the hotel there were light bulbs that did not work, the room smelled terrible, the sheets were stained, and the carpet was damp. We did not feel comfortable walking in the room on the carpet unless we had our shoes on. Wish we had checked out and found another place. The staff was not very friendly and they do have breakfast but if the rooms were that dirty, I don't trust food that may have been handled by the staff.
Stay somewhere else. PS: Railroad is nearby.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2010

We asked for a handicap room and was given a room isolated from the othe people staying there. The room's air was moldy, there was a shelf behind the toilet that could give severe injury to a disabled person with not enough leg control to sit slowly. The "heat" lamps were flourescent. We decided we couldn't stay, packed our bags and tried to be nice to the unfriendly staff. We're deaf, too, and beyond writing down the price to the room, he didn't try to communicate with us, just kept talking away uncaring that we couldn't hear a word. He then charge us $11 room cleaning fee! For a room we didn't use. It was a joke. Pray for the man's soul.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I think I'm just lucky that I've picked the right hotels over the last couple months and that I have enjoyed every one of them...so far. We took a weekend trip to Virginia to go to Shenandoah National Park and drive Skyline Drive and then to the Luray Caverns then Thomas Jefferson's Monticello in Charlottesville - then home . The Quality Inn was a great location after our long day of driving and exploring. I want to say about 10 minutes or less from Skyline Drive. They have exterior and interior buildings. We were put in the interior and I really didn't mind either way. The room was a good size and had all that we needed. The TV was good and easy to use ~ didn't have to hit 1 million buttons to find a local tv station (my husband liked that best). Window opened so we were able to let fresh air in. The rooms were standard but what was really cool were the ceilings and the brick wall. See my pic of how it is different. You had a "cabin feel" being in the room. It wrapped up the day perfect after being out in the wilderness. We didn't use internet - left the computer home. And we sleep very good. Not a whole lot of choices for dinner but good enough - Italian Restaurant, Steak House...but we picked Arby's and it was pretty good! The next morning the place looked like it filled up. Breakfast was busy and check out was smooth and the Agent was very friendly. Then about 30 minutes to Thomas Jefferson's House. Because we wanted a bigger breakfast, we stopped at Waffle House on the way. That was our first at a Waffle House and I must say that I would go back again in a heartbeat! Overall, the hotel was a good fit to end our trip and convenient to TJ House and James Madison's House and lots of other neat places to check out. Thank you Quality Inn!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Days Inn Waynesboro
Residence Inn Waynesboro
Residence Inn Waynesboro
#2 of 9 in Waynesboro
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft

Been to Quality Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!