“Nice older property”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Hampton, Virginia
“Nice older property”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Back when I was a cadet at Fishburne Military School, this was THE motel in which to stay. I never did. <g> Since my father in law died and my mother in law moved to a retirement home in Harrisonburg, I, either alone, with my wife, or with my new lady, I have stayed here many times. For a few years there were some rough spots, but the older property has sprung back to a new showing of itself. The rooms are large and comfortable. There is the original motel and the Annex. All rooms of the original open to your car while the Annex is a small two story with interior corridors.
The staff is friendly and helpful (though the fact that they know me may have something to do with this). One stay when our room's heating was not working, we immediately received a new room with heat. The breakfast, especially in the colder months when they serve sausage gravy, is very nice and there always seems to be plenty of room to sit and eat. The motel is centrally located in the town and right across the street from Fishburne Military School. I will continue to stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for the room over the office.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GrandpaGene

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Ooh, not a place I would come back too. This is an OLD, TIRED property. And it's dirty. Stuff on the carpet showed it hadn't seen a vacuum. And the bathroom was pretty bad. On a positive, the rooms were big and the pool was decent. Couldn't wait to leave.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank In2exploring

Travellers are raving about these Waynesboro hotels

CT
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed there on a motorcycle trip down the BRP to TN. This is an old & tired property. The good is that the rooms are good sized, bathroom is larger than average, were able to park the bikes right outside our door. On the negative side the room smelled wet & mildewed until we ran the a/c for a couple of hours. We were put in a room all the way down the row sandwiched between 2 rooms with dogs even though the place only had a half-dozen guests. The breakfast area was very small so we skipped it for the local Waffle House. The desk clerk was helpful in recommending a really good restaurant right up the street for dinner. Okay to stay if you have a discount or bringing a pet and only need a place to sleep.

Room Tip: Since it's built into a hill, either floor is a "ground floor" room. All rooms are pre...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DiggerJim
Hancock, New York
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I only have a few basic requirements to be satisfied with a hotel when travelling for business - be relatively clean, have a friendly staff, and have decent internet so I can catch up on work at the end of the day. This hotel is not very clean and the staff doesn't seem to be too concerned with their guests' satisfaction. The internet service was terrible. I kept losing my wireless connection, and when I could stay connected it was incredibly slow. I've stayed here twice, months apart, and been disappointed both times. I will be staying elsewhere on my next visit to Waynesboro.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank whbarrin
Dallas
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I was fortunate enough to be greeted by Sue, who even upgraded me to a king room to get the quietest accommodation available. She was helpful with restaurant and grocery store directions. The hotel is built into a slope, making the second floor (as seen from the front) the ground floor when approaching from the rear. I received easy permission to park my motorcycle under the roof - just in case it rains overnight. The hotel is older, but the rooms are kept up well. Besides my comfortable king bed, there was a sofa with coffee table, comfy chair, desk and chair, large flat screen TV, a fridge with freezer shelf and a microwave. The windows actually push up and lets one enjoy the mountain air. After a quiet night, the breakfast disappointed a bit. Four tables are cramped into the reception area and the offering is usual continental Styrofoam fare. Well, it was enough to get the motor running,

Room Tip: The hotel is in town, local traffic only. The second floor might be preferable for a better view and...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank HermanTheGerman-inTX
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We were greeted warmly by the desk clerk when we checked in. The room was clean and the wi-fi worked quite well. The bed was a bit too soft which made for a sore back in the morning. The breakfast was barely adequate; mini bagels, wheat bread, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, cereal, apples, hard boiled eggs and waffle makers.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 23 May 2013

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mgb152
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Days Inn Waynesboro
Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Quality Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!