“wine trip”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Charles Town, West Virginia
“wine trip”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Room had a funny odor. Internet was somewhat spotty. Didn't work the evening of arrival and attempted to call front desk but got no answer. In the morning it worked at last. The TV in the next room was on loud all night. We would not come back again. It was adequate for 1 night. I do not understand why I must have a two hundred minimum to finish this review. It is very inconvenient. I guess I will just type until it lets me send my review.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ustressed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stay at this hotel every October when we attend my family reunion.

It is OK, certainly not the best or the worst place we've ever stayed.

Years ago we stayed in other places when we couldn't get reservations here and this place is as good if not better than those other places.

It is a good location - right in town - and also close to the Parkway, which was closed when we were there because of the government shutdown.

The breakfast bar is just so-so. It has coffee, juices, waffles, cereal, yogurts, small muffins and donuts, biscuits and sausage gravy and fruit. I only had cereal and coffee that morning.

I found a moldy orange in the bottom of the bowl of fruit.

The milk on my cereal was good but it was just in a carafe sitting out on the counter.

The room itself was clean and spacious - two queen beds, desk, office chair, love seat, microwave, fridge, flat-screen TV on the wall, vanity, tub/shower.

Whoever did the painting wasn't concerned about taping off areas or splatters. Also, you can see plenty of daylight under and around the door. Our door looked like it had been broken into at one time.

Some guest parked their truck pulling a trailer across about a dozen parking spaces. When I complained at the desk the night person had them move within minutes.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Panama
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We checked in the Quality inn with frankly low expectations but even those were not met. After checking in, we saw a cockroach inside the LED display on the microwave. Understand, due to the fall foliage festival, there were no other rooms available in W'boro so we had to stay. That night when going to the bathroom I turned on the light and there were more cockroaches in there! Yuck! We thoroughly checked the beds for bed bugs and found none as if we had I would have slept in the car. Also the tub leaked every time we took a shower. The curtain was fully closed but it appeared to be coming from the bottom of the tub. I would certainly never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jimmyvChicago

Travellers are raving about these Waynesboro hotels

Nicholasville, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Should have read the reviews prior to booking the rooms. We trusted the Quality name, knowing that ordinarily it is a little higher up the chain than Sleep or Comfort Inn. What a disappointing surprise! As soon as we pulled in I noticed the property looked somewhat run down. Once we checked in and saw the rooms, we knew we could not stay there. Old, smelly, dirty (some sort of black something in the tub, etc.) Bites on the ankles from something. I double checked to make sure it wasn't the Bates Motel by mistake.
I immediately went back to the front desk and told the clerk we just could not say in rooms that bad. He rather flippantly informed me that it was a 24 hour cancellation policy and we would be charged for the rooms. We ended up staying over an hour away in Lynchburg, as there were no other hotel rooms available in Wayneboro. It was worth it. I would rather have slept in car than stay there! It is obvious Quality Inn's standards have slipped drastically!
STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dennis S
albany ny
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel you can "drive up to" very convient. Nice big room, good breafast, conviently located in Waynesboro and the interstate. Pool was ok..they could use new pool furniture. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stopped here on our way to Tennessee from NY. We had such a nice experience, we returned on our way back home. Rooms are large, clean and somewhat comfortable. Both times we has rooms with a love seat and chair to chat with other traveling companions. Breakfast had good choices. Staff are friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Back when I was a cadet at Fishburne Military School, this was THE motel in which to stay. I never did. <g> Since my father in law died and my mother in law moved to a retirement home in Harrisonburg, I, either alone, with my wife, or with my new lady, I have stayed here many times. For a few years there were some rough spots, but the older property has sprung back to a new showing of itself. The rooms are large and comfortable. There is the original motel and the Annex. All rooms of the original open to your car while the Annex is a small two story with interior corridors.
The staff is friendly and helpful (though the fact that they know me may have something to do with this). One stay when our room's heating was not working, we immediately received a new room with heat. The breakfast, especially in the colder months when they serve sausage gravy, is very nice and there always seems to be plenty of room to sit and eat. The motel is centrally located in the town and right across the street from Fishburne Military School. I will continue to stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for the room over the office.