“Lo and behold the mighty curse of bed bugs (among other things)...”

Quality Inn Waynesboro
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Wayne, New Jersey
“Lo and behold the mighty curse of bed bugs (among other things)...”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Well, let's just say it was a bad night..

I am a subcontractor. I travel for my job, so my idea of a good hotel is a hot shower, and a good sleep (sometimes a fresh cup of coffee in the morning, but I'm not greedy). My crew consists of 3 men, myself included, so we had two queen beds and a roll-away. It was getting late at night (11pm, hah) and it was time to pass out. I had the bed furthest from the door in Rm. 112. I was moving around a lot, thinking I was just itchy, but within a few minutes I was really itchy. I shot up and stumbled to the bathroom, turned on the light and I had bug bites all up my arm, and on the outer part of my ear. I have a sensitivity to mosquito-like bites, so I swell up and get red pretty quickly. I researched a couple websites about bed bugs to see if I had the correct symptoms (which I did). The guy on the roll-away was itchy and got up to see what happened. Upon searching his bites, he found an insect, approximately 2mm long, light red in color. Bed bug! I've stayed in a lot of hotels in my career, and this is the first time I've seen bed bugs. I started getting real itchy, so I went to the front desk in my pajamas and work boots. I told the man behind the counter that me and another guy got hit with bed bugs in the same room. I was keeping my cool, but agitated on the amount of sleep I was losing. He gave us another room but insisted the third guy, who was not being eaten alive, was okay to stay in his bed….

Honestly, as you have seen, I can write a book based on my night at this Not-so Quality Inn. I'll just hit ya with the important factors when you're choosing a hotel for the night.

Rm. 118, I found cockroaches, a hypodermic needle next to the bathroom door, and "red food coloring" stains (as the hotel clerk said) on the floors, especially by the bed. I don't know about you, but I always have a bottle of red food coloring JUST in case (insert sarcasm here).

I was able to manage 3 hours of sleep that night, but I was too paranoid that I had these bugs on me. Next morning, I went to search the bugs in Rm. 112, and under the mattress it was infested. I can statistically say 2 out of the 3 rooms we had had serious issues.

I will not be staying here again, although Quality Inns are my preferred choice of hotels. This one needs a name change to avoid confusion of a good hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank cLimbingHi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Oil City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed at the Quality Inn in Waynesboro for one night. No problems with the room, wasn't the greatest, but we were tired from driving all day. It was clean and the bedding was comfortable. We went to the lobby for the continental breakfast. The area is very small and it was crowded. There was a pretty decent selection of items to choose from.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn Waynesboro, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for staying at the Quality Inn. I'm glad that you enjoyed you stay and the selections that we had on the breakfast bar. Hope to see you in the future to serve your lodging needs.
california
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Reserved a non smoking king room. We went to look at room and the stink of smoke washed over us when we opened the door to the assigned building. The carpeting on the stairs was dirty and grimy looking. Opened the room door and was bowled over by the cigarette smell. Room looked small, and dingy. We walked out and said No Way. AAA had two stars so we thought it would be OK. Had stayed at a two star Best Western a few nights before and it was very acceptable. Avoid this place. Cigarette odor is awful. I am going to complain to AAA.

Room Tip: Find another facility.
Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank imtonif

Travellers are raving about these Waynesboro hotels

Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Did not get by the front desk staff. Should have take the advise of other reviewers. Not helpful at all. Office/breakfast area needs an update. The hotel is in the middle of down and not near the interstate.

Room Tip: I would not stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank john5136
Charles Town, West Virginia
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Room had a funny odor. Internet was somewhat spotty. Didn't work the evening of arrival and attempted to call front desk but got no answer. In the morning it worked at last. The TV in the next room was on loud all night. We would not come back again. It was adequate for 1 night. I do not understand why I must have a two hundred minimum to finish this review. It is very inconvenient. I guess I will just type until it lets me send my review.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ustressed
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stay at this hotel every October when we attend my family reunion.

It is OK, certainly not the best or the worst place we've ever stayed.

Years ago we stayed in other places when we couldn't get reservations here and this place is as good if not better than those other places.

It is a good location - right in town - and also close to the Parkway, which was closed when we were there because of the government shutdown.

The breakfast bar is just so-so. It has coffee, juices, waffles, cereal, yogurts, small muffins and donuts, biscuits and sausage gravy and fruit. I only had cereal and coffee that morning.

I found a moldy orange in the bottom of the bowl of fruit.

The milk on my cereal was good but it was just in a carafe sitting out on the counter.

The room itself was clean and spacious - two queen beds, desk, office chair, love seat, microwave, fridge, flat-screen TV on the wall, vanity, tub/shower.

Whoever did the painting wasn't concerned about taping off areas or splatters. Also, you can see plenty of daylight under and around the door. Our door looked like it had been broken into at one time.

Some guest parked their truck pulling a trailer across about a dozen parking spaces. When I complained at the desk the night person had them move within minutes.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Panama
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We checked in the Quality inn with frankly low expectations but even those were not met. After checking in, we saw a cockroach inside the LED display on the microwave. Understand, due to the fall foliage festival, there were no other rooms available in W'boro so we had to stay. That night when going to the bathroom I turned on the light and there were more cockroaches in there! Yuck! We thoroughly checked the beds for bed bugs and found none as if we had I would have slept in the car. Also the tub leaked every time we took a shower. The curtain was fully closed but it appeared to be coming from the bottom of the tub. I would certainly never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jimmyvChicago
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Days Inn Waynesboro
#2 of 9 in Waynesboro
Best Western Staunton Inn
Best Western Staunton Inn
#3 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Quality Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!