“Good Motel- For Economy Motels”

Quality Inn Waynesboro
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Virginia
“Good Motel- For Economy Motels”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My son was graduating from University of Virginia and we didn't know until February that he would have enough credits to do so in May( graduating 1 yr. early for BA Degree). I could only find a few lower grade Hotels/Motels available due to my late booking and the enormous price increases the Hotel owners charge to take advantage of the graduation-Quality Inn included. After reading the reviews I was very nervous of what I was getting but I had very little choice for the reasons already given. I stayed in the 1st building that sits away from the main Motel and the room was very comfortable. It was clean very comfortable bed and new LG good size flat screen on the wall. There was numerous channels to select. The free breakfast was good the two mornings we were there. The main complaint was the price of $129.95 plus tax each night which was outlandish for this room & Motel. Otherwise, I was satisfied for the economy rated motel.

Room Tip: Stay in the building that sets off by itself for it does look better than the other buildings and I...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Does not deserve so many bad rooms. Needed to stay here for graduation weekend and in reading reviews I was worried before arriving. Yes, it is a motel, and it's certainly not fancy, but it is clean and safe. Sheets are thin but clean, walls ugly color(s) green, towels thin but effective. Shower was fine (plenty of hot and pressure). We did not partake of breakfast (Starbucks down the street) but the breakfast setup looked standard (cereals, breads, make-your-own waffles, coffee). Overall I would say fair for the price.

Stayed May 2014
Somers Point, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

It's an older "Inn" so it does show wear and tear. With some TLC I could raise the rating a star but as some here have stated, it's just ok. No interior rooms make it feel more like a motel then a hotel but that has it's pluses and minuses. Breakfast was good and registering and leaving was no problem.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn Waynesboro, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for staying at the Quality Inn for your lodging needs. I'm glad your check in and check out process went smoothly. We are currently working on renovations for that TLC you say that is needed. Hope to see you in the future so you can see all the changes.
Wayne, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Well, let's just say it was a bad night..

I am a subcontractor. I travel for my job, so my idea of a good hotel is a hot shower, and a good sleep (sometimes a fresh cup of coffee in the morning, but I'm not greedy). My crew consists of 3 men, myself included, so we had two queen beds and a roll-away. It was getting late at night (11pm, hah) and it was time to pass out. I had the bed furthest from the door in Rm. 112. I was moving around a lot, thinking I was just itchy, but within a few minutes I was really itchy. I shot up and stumbled to the bathroom, turned on the light and I had bug bites all up my arm, and on the outer part of my ear. I have a sensitivity to mosquito-like bites, so I swell up and get red pretty quickly. I researched a couple websites about bed bugs to see if I had the correct symptoms (which I did). The guy on the roll-away was itchy and got up to see what happened. Upon searching his bites, he found an insect, approximately 2mm long, light red in color. Bed bug! I've stayed in a lot of hotels in my career, and this is the first time I've seen bed bugs. I started getting real itchy, so I went to the front desk in my pajamas and work boots. I told the man behind the counter that me and another guy got hit with bed bugs in the same room. I was keeping my cool, but agitated on the amount of sleep I was losing. He gave us another room but insisted the third guy, who was not being eaten alive, was okay to stay in his bed….

Honestly, as you have seen, I can write a book based on my night at this Not-so Quality Inn. I'll just hit ya with the important factors when you're choosing a hotel for the night.

Rm. 118, I found cockroaches, a hypodermic needle next to the bathroom door, and "red food coloring" stains (as the hotel clerk said) on the floors, especially by the bed. I don't know about you, but I always have a bottle of red food coloring JUST in case (insert sarcasm here).

I was able to manage 3 hours of sleep that night, but I was too paranoid that I had these bugs on me. Next morning, I went to search the bugs in Rm. 112, and under the mattress it was infested. I can statistically say 2 out of the 3 rooms we had had serious issues.

I will not be staying here again, although Quality Inns are my preferred choice of hotels. This one needs a name change to avoid confusion of a good hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank cLimbingHi

Travellers are raving about these Waynesboro hotels

Oil City, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed at the Quality Inn in Waynesboro for one night. No problems with the room, wasn't the greatest, but we were tired from driving all day. It was clean and the bedding was comfortable. We went to the lobby for the continental breakfast. The area is very small and it was crowded. There was a pretty decent selection of items to choose from.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Quality Inn. I'm glad that you enjoyed you stay and the selections that we had on the breakfast bar. Hope to see you in the future to serve your lodging needs.
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Reserved a non smoking king room. We went to look at room and the stink of smoke washed over us when we opened the door to the assigned building. The carpeting on the stairs was dirty and grimy looking. Opened the room door and was bowled over by the cigarette smell. Room looked small, and dingy. We walked out and said No Way. AAA had two stars so we thought it would be OK. Had stayed at a two star Best Western a few nights before and it was very acceptable. Avoid this place. Cigarette odor is awful. I am going to complain to AAA.

Room Tip: Find another facility.
Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank imtonif
Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Did not get by the front desk staff. Should have take the advise of other reviewers. Not helpful at all. Office/breakfast area needs an update. The hotel is in the middle of down and not near the interstate.

Room Tip: I would not stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank john5136
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Days Inn Waynesboro
Residence Inn Waynesboro
#3 of 9 in Waynesboro
Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft

Been to Quality Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!