“Like being at home, but better!”
Review of Iris Inn

Iris Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Waynesboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 November 2009

My husband, myself and our two chihuahuas stayed in one of the suites that is pet friendly. I am always leary about traveling with my two dogs as I wouldn't even let them stay in some of the "pet friendly room" that most hotels, etc., offer as they are usually the worst or least of quality that the place has to offer and they are normally not clean and smell like every do that was ever there. I was so impressed with the suite. It was clean, very well appointed and positioned in a location where as my dogs would not bother other guests. It was perfect!!!! For the first time I have a place to go with my dogs that are like my children and I know they are welcome and they will not have to stay in filth..nor will we! It is about time that someone offered something nice to the selective pet owner..lol!!!!

Heidi and Aeriel were wonderful as host, the place was beautiful, the breakfast was awesome and the guests were great. We felt like part of the family! I will definitely be back and will tell all of my friends!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tganshaw

Reviewed 13 November 2009

My husband and I recently stayed in the Garden Path suite. The well-appointed room was wonderful - large with a wraparound patio. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and the room was full of windows, out of which were spectacular views of the woods. The location is excellent for a drive along Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Pkwy. We didn't meet Dave (he was away that weekend), but Heidi was a terrific hostess who cooked a delicious breakfast for us on Sunday. Katie, their dog, is adorable, and loves to play catch. We would highly recommend the Iris Inn.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a fall getaway for my birthday/wedding gift (had a B&B gift certificate- great wedding gift btw)... anyway. We had a GREAT time at the Iris Inn. Gorgeous house, great huge rooms but most importantly Dave and Heidi are just lovely people. Oh and their dog, Katie, is adorable as well! They were so warm, welcoming, great tips on restaurants, hikes, and wine... and good for a good laugh as well. The breakfasts were amazing as well. The best cinnamon roll (homemade and delicious!) I've ever had! Also fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs, bacon, pumpkin pancakes (also delicious). We hiked, did the blue ridge parkway drive, and went to several vineyards. Would definitely go back to the Iris Inn and would recommend to others.

Reviewed 11 November 2009

This was the best B&B we've ever stayed at. The accommodations were lovely and the location was great. It was near lots of hiking and lots of wineries. The best part, though, was Heidi and Dave. They make you feel like you are an invited guest, very special. It's a terrific place.

Reviewed 10 November 2009

Beautiful setting, amazing breakfast's and very kind owners. It was the perfect combination. The rain cut our hike on the Appalachian trail short, we did other sightseeing and relaxed at the Inn. The hike to Crabtree Falls was a great!

Reviewed 10 November 2009

Dave & Heidi were great at recommendations in the area. The suite was the largest one I had stayed in at B&Bs.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Three girlfriends and I selected the Iris Inn for our annual Girls Weekend. Dave and Heidi were very helpful, making sightseeing recommendations, restaurant reservations, providing maps, etc. Unlike a lot of B&B's we were able to use the common areas throughout the day and evening. It felt like home.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Belle Hearth Bed and Breakfast
Afton Mountain Bed & Breakfast
The Inn at Sugar Hollow Farm
Steeles Tavern Manor Bed and Breakfast

Been to Iris Inn? Share your experiences!