“Felt Like Home. Highly Recommended!”

Belle Hearth Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Waynesboro B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia
“Felt Like Home. Highly Recommended!”
Reviewed 27 December 2007

Every time I walked in, it felt like home.

Wayne and Linda were great. They were very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed and told us to ask if we needed anything else.

The whole house was very clean, outside and inside. Wayne gave us a tour of the house and a brief history of the house, very friendly and knowledgeable.

Our room was very clean as well, very well kept. Linda made sure everything was dusted (lots of old cool trinkets, etc) and neat. Our bed was very very comfortable as were the linens. I LOVED having our fireplace (even a gas one) for the holidays. Shower was hot and good pressure and also very clean and well kept.

They offered free sodas and snacks right in the hall to help ourselves and served us breakfast at 830am each morning. The house was decorated for christmas and smelled like Cookies each time we arrived back at the B&B.

My boyfriend's family lives in the area and if we need a place to stay again, we will be back.

I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone traveling in this area. Good area, great price, impeccably clean and good rooms, and Wayne and Linda were very easy going. We got a great winter special rate as well.

Thanks again!
Heather & Darrin

• Liked — Very Homey, felt like staying with family.
  • Disliked — Cant think of a thing.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
baltimore, md
Reviewed 26 November 2007

Booked a night here for the weekend I proposed to my fiance. The owners are extremely nice and helpful, the room was lovely, and the setting was very romantic. Our hosts even helped book a reservation for dinner. The breakfast was delicious; french toast with orange sauce, hot apple crisp, and bannana cake. I was stuffed!! I highly recommend the Bell Hearth and you can bet I'll plan future stays when I'm in the area!

• Liked — comfortable bed and room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
College Park
Reviewed 16 November 2007

It was like stepping back to 1900. The house is beautiful, the food excellent, and the owners are friendly. What else do you need? I can't wait to go back.

BIGGIE K

• Liked — the house
  • Disliked — the weather. It rained.
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank BIGGIEK61
Newport News, VA
Reviewed 12 November 2007

My fiance' and I just returned from a WONDERFUL getaway at the Belle Hearth! Looking for some "down" time, we both found the relaxation that we needed. Wayne and Linda are very gracious hosts and wholeheartedly welcomed us into their gorgeous home.
So many pictures of other B&Bs do not present fair representations of the accomodations (ie: the rooms are much smaller than they appear in the pics). I'm pleased to say that the Belle Hearth is an exception. It is a charming old house, rich in history and beautifully decorated. As there were no other guests the day we arrived, we got the full tour of the house. All of the guest rooms were spotless and quite roomy and comfortable. We stayed in the Orchid Room and the bed and pillows were heavenly!
Although the house is located right on the street, once you step through the front door, it seems as if you are a world away. We heard no outside noise throughout our stay.
The food at breakfast was delicious! I was particularly fond of the breads - they were quite good! There were just the 2 of us for breakfast the first morning and 8 people the second morning. The relaxed pace was maintained both days, giving everyone the chance to chat and share a bit of themselves.
The location is a definite plus as well. The Shendendoah Valley area is always breathtaking and the Belle Hearth is conveniently located to a variety of popular attractions: antique shops, wineries, ski slopes, colleges, theatre and other cultural activities.
Thank you, Wayne & Linda for a perfect weekend! It was just what we needed and we are definitely looking forward to our return!

• Liked — The rooms and overall atmosphere
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Randi G
Overland Park, KS
Reviewed 1 November 2007

I would highly recommend Belle Hearth B&B! It was beautifully decorated, and just what I was looking for! I stayed in the Rose Room, and it was spacious, pretty, comfortable and clean! Breakfasts
were yummy, and I enjoyed talking with the other guests! The price was very reasonable! Wayne and Linda were wonderful hosts, and very helpful and knowledgeable about the whole area around Waynesboro. It
is only about 20 minutes from Charlottesville or Staunton, VA. You won't be dissapointed! Debbie Chapman Overland Park, KS

• Liked — Innkeepers and beautiful house
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007
1 Thank Gardenblue
Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed 31 October 2007

We spent two nights at the Belle Hearth after reading all the excellent reviews. While it is a good choice for a moderately priced B&B, it was not for us.

It's a lovely home for fans of the Victorian style but too cluttered and busy for our taste. I would recommend the Orchid room though. It was spacious and the bed was very comfortable.

The couple who own it are nice but there is obvious cost-cutting...in the offerings for tea/coffee/snacks, etc. They also chose not to run the air-conditioning on a very warm night. It forced us to open the windows to the very loud street noise of traffic and drunken fights on the sidewalk.

Breakfast was good if you like carbs, carbs, amd more carbs. They asked if we had any dietary concerns when we made our reservation and we told them we cannot eat lots of white flour...but that is what we got. They regulated how much coffee they served at breakfast as well.

I would say that this a fine choice for those looking for a moderately priced B&B with lots of Victorian charm, who don't mind being located on a busy street, parking their cars on the street overnight and going without air-conditioning on very warm nights. Oh...and LOVE lots and lots of carbohydrates for breakfast.

It just wasn't our cup of tea.

• Liked — Great mattress
  • Disliked — No air-conditioning on a very warm night, street noise, cost-cutting
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank always anjuli
North Carolina
Reviewed 26 October 2007

Lovely decor. Good location. Friendly (but not too friendly)and accomodating inn keepers. Wonderful breakfast. Left behind my glasses and they mailed them to me immediately.

Stayed October 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Days Inn Waynesboro
Days Inn Waynesboro
#3 of 9 in Waynesboro
Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Belle Hearth Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!