Belle Hearth Bed and Breakfast
US$109
Comfort Inn Waynesboro(Waynesboro)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$130
US$117
Hampton.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrose roommagnolia suiteother guestsquichelovely homefront porchskyline drivebeautiful housegreat hostsknick knacksgranolashenandoah valleygas fireplacefirst morningwithin walking distancecookiesstayed two nights
Reviewed 29 December 2007

My parents live in Waynesboro, and when my boyfriend and I come to visit, we stay at the Belle Hearth (~4 visits over the past year). We've always stayed in the Orchid room, and have consistently been impressed with the cleanliness (I am VERY picky about this) and roominess of the room. The B&B has street parking, but it is right out front, and in a safe neighborhood (also a big deal for me). The only noise I have ever heard from outside has been the church bells from a neighboring church on Sunday morning, which is actually very quaint. The food is good - usually served at 8:30 or 9AM - and consists of 2-3 courses. Fruit for starters, a bread (sometimes, if the entree is not bread based like a Belgian waffle) and an entree. Coffee is brewed fresh by the cup and is delicious, as is the selection of teas. Snacks are also available on a self-serve basis 24 hours a day. On our last visit, the house was decorated festively for Christmas, and we received a "Welcome Back and Happy Holidays" bottle of wine from the owners, Wayne and Linda. Wayne, Linda, my boyfriend and I also took pictures of each other (and Mosby the cat) in the sitting area by the Christmas tree. I will definitely continue staying at this establishment, and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2007

Every time I walked in, it felt like home.

Wayne and Linda were great. They were very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed and told us to ask if we needed anything else.

The whole house was very clean, outside and inside. Wayne gave us a tour of the house and a brief history of the house, very friendly and knowledgeable.

Our room was very clean as well, very well kept. Linda made sure everything was dusted (lots of old cool trinkets, etc) and neat. Our bed was very very comfortable as were the linens. I LOVED having our fireplace (even a gas one) for the holidays. Shower was hot and good pressure and also very clean and well kept.

They offered free sodas and snacks right in the hall to help ourselves and served us breakfast at 830am each morning. The house was decorated for christmas and smelled like Cookies each time we arrived back at the B&B.

My boyfriend's family lives in the area and if we need a place to stay again, we will be back.

I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone traveling in this area. Good area, great price, impeccably clean and good rooms, and Wayne and Linda were very easy going. We got a great winter special rate as well.

Thanks again!
Heather & Darrin

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2007

Booked a night here for the weekend I proposed to my fiance. The owners are extremely nice and helpful, the room was lovely, and the setting was very romantic. Our hosts even helped book a reservation for dinner. The breakfast was delicious; french toast with orange sauce, hot apple crisp, and bannana cake. I was stuffed!! I highly recommend the Bell Hearth and you can bet I'll plan future stays when I'm in the area!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2007

It was like stepping back to 1900. The house is beautiful, the food excellent, and the owners are friendly. What else do you need? I can't wait to go back.

BIGGIE K

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BIGGIEK61
Reviewed 12 November 2007

My fiance' and I just returned from a WONDERFUL getaway at the Belle Hearth! Looking for some "down" time, we both found the relaxation that we needed. Wayne and Linda are very gracious hosts and wholeheartedly welcomed us into their gorgeous home.
So many pictures of other B&Bs do not present fair representations of the accomodations (ie: the rooms are much smaller than they appear in the pics). I'm pleased to say that the Belle Hearth is an exception. It is a charming old house, rich in history and beautifully decorated. As there were no other guests the day we arrived, we got the full tour of the house. All of the guest rooms were spotless and quite roomy and comfortable. We stayed in the Orchid Room and the bed and pillows were heavenly!
Although the house is located right on the street, once you step through the front door, it seems as if you are a world away. We heard no outside noise throughout our stay.
The food at breakfast was delicious! I was particularly fond of the breads - they were quite good! There were just the 2 of us for breakfast the first morning and 8 people the second morning. The relaxed pace was maintained both days, giving everyone the chance to chat and share a bit of themselves.
The location is a definite plus as well. The Shendendoah Valley area is always breathtaking and the Belle Hearth is conveniently located to a variety of popular attractions: antique shops, wineries, ski slopes, colleges, theatre and other cultural activities.
Thank you, Wayne & Linda for a perfect weekend! It was just what we needed and we are definitely looking forward to our return!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Randi G