“Excellent Weekend”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia
“Excellent Weekend”
Reviewed 21 May 2008

My wife and I stayed at Belle Hearth for our wedding and graduation. They were very accomodating to our schedule. They served breakfast early so people could make it to the Lawn ceremony at UVA and stayed up late waiting for us to get in from a late reception in Charlottesville. Good food. Clean room. Ample parking. Can't ask for much more.

• Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Virginia
Reviewed 14 May 2008

Great stop in Waynesboro. We were just ending a 400mile motorcycle trip up the Blue Ridge Parkway, and found Waynesboro a perfect overnight point. The Belle Hearth is a great place to spend the night.
The house is located in a district of historic homes, and traces it's roots back to the early 1900s. The house and rooms are clean and comfortable. We were greated with cookies and beverages when we arrived, and met some of the other guests. Breakfast was excellent.

The inkeepers were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the area. Very nice people.

Close to the downtown area, there are restaurants and shopping within walking distance. We'll go back when we can spend more time in the area.

Birmingham
Reviewed 14 May 2008

We stayed at Belle Hearth on our way back from the Parkway to Washington. It was a wet Sunday afternoon with little else to do other than see if we could book in. We were welcomed with open arms by the owner, Linda, and after showing us our room she made us a coffee there and then. We stayed there until the rain stopped some time later and in the mean time had a good long chat with both Linda and Wayne. We had the Orchid Room and were entirely satisfied. Yes, it overlooked the road but we found that to be no problem as we didn't notice any excess noise from outside. There was a coffee machine and snacks available at all times and at breakfast, if the coffee pot was empty, it was filled again immediately so I don't know how anyone could say that the coffee was limited. A pot will hold so much and then you have to refill it! All in all our stay at the Belle Hearth was a good choice as it had loads of character and no doubt there is a lot to see in Waynesboro but we were only staying the one night so that will have to wait. I would recommend this inn to anyone as it was comfortable and the owners were extremely helpful and welcoming.

• Liked — The character of the place and the welcome from the owners
  • Disliked — Nothing
Gainesville
Reviewed 29 April 2008

I am a meeting planner by profession and stay at way to many hotels for work. So when my wife and I travel for pleasure we like to stay at Bed and Breakfasts. In the three years that we have been a couple we have stayed in B&B’s from Pennsylvania to Florida. We have only ever repeat visited two and this is one of them. It consistently exceeds my expectations in every category.

To me the B&B experience is influenced by both the owners or hosts and the property. The Belle Hearth scores big points from me on both. My wife and I love the owners and the property. Located in one of our favorite parts of Virginia we have chosen to visit this Inn on more than six occasions. Every time we do, Wayne and Linda greet us as if we were family. During every stay they have gone out of their way to ensure that our stay is pleasant. Whether it’s accommodating a late check in do to a delay, delivering wine glasses to our room, or serving a memorable breakfast, they are always on their game. Speaking of breakfasts, I can not reiterate enough how wonderful every meal has been. Every breakfast served has been special and unique. I only wish I could say that about all of the other Inns I have been to.

The house is charming, well appointed, clean and comfortable. I always choose to stay in the Orchid room, however that is just for sentimental reasons all of the rooms are lovely and on my last visit there I found that two of the rooms have just been re-done and look amazing.

I highly recommend this B&B if you are traveling in the Waynesboro area.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Did not stay long enough
  • Stayed April 2008
Shakopee, MN
Reviewed 11 April 2008

Our stay at Belle Hearth was everything I had hoped it would be. The home is a beautiful Victorian on a street filled with turn of the century homes.

My father and I were touring some of the old southern homes and plantations and I was looking for places to stay that had the old world charm. We had reserved the Magnolia Suite, two beautiful rooms seperated by a lovely bathroom. The rooms were clean and met my hopes, and our needs, exactly. My father fell in love with the front porch - spending some time relaxing on it.

Our hosts were very friendly and went out of their way to please. Our sleep was relaxing and the breakfast the next morning very good.

I would gladly return to Belle Hearth

• Liked — The relaxing charm!
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed 9 April 2008

We arrived at Belle Hearth B&B March 31st, for a two day stay. We received a friendly greeting from Linda and Wayne. The room was clean, well decorated, and we were made to feel at home with the fireplace lit and a very comfortable bed in which to sleep. Linda took us on a tour of the home explaining the history behind the walls of this beautiful old house. She explained how they had incorporated her family history into the decor.

We awoke to a lovely breakfast each morning to start the day. The breakfast was served in the dining room where conversation with other guests were enjoyed. Linda and Wayne took time to make sure that we had plenty to eat and drink each day.

As a result of the treatment we received here rather then going on to a hotel in Lynchburg, VA, April 2nd, we stayed an additional night at Belle Hearth.

Linda and Wayne thanks for the kindness you extended to us. We will recommend your B&B to all of our friends and family. We hope to return for another stay in the near future.

• Liked — Room and Food
  • Disliked — I liked everything.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 29 December 2007

My parents live in Waynesboro, and when my boyfriend and I come to visit, we stay at the Belle Hearth (~4 visits over the past year). We've always stayed in the Orchid room, and have consistently been impressed with the cleanliness (I am VERY picky about this) and roominess of the room. The B&B has street parking, but it is right out front, and in a safe neighborhood (also a big deal for me). The only noise I have ever heard from outside has been the church bells from a neighboring church on Sunday morning, which is actually very quaint. The food is good - usually served at 8:30 or 9AM - and consists of 2-3 courses. Fruit for starters, a bread (sometimes, if the entree is not bread based like a Belgian waffle) and an entree. Coffee is brewed fresh by the cup and is delicious, as is the selection of teas. Snacks are also available on a self-serve basis 24 hours a day. On our last visit, the house was decorated festively for Christmas, and we received a "Welcome Back and Happy Holidays" bottle of wine from the owners, Wayne and Linda. Wayne, Linda, my boyfriend and I also took pictures of each other (and Mosby the cat) in the sitting area by the Christmas tree. I will definitely continue staying at this establishment, and highly recommend it to others.

• Liked — Cleanliness and friendly (but not overbearing) hosts
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Comfort Inn Waynesboro
Comfort Inn Waynesboro
#4 of 9 in Waynesboro
Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Belle Hearth Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!