“Good food / Good Price!”

Gavid's Steak House
Ranked #55 of 98 Restaurants in Waynesboro
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Had picked up the BF off of the Blue Ridge Parkway and we were both hungry. Came across Gavid's on the way to do laundry in a near by shopping center. The ribeye steak was done just right - dark red, warm, no blood. And the baked potato was excellent - the BEST baked potato I've had in a number of years. The salad/food bar was loaded and a great example of home cooking. Worth taking an extra minute or two to locate the place.

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Passed through this town en route elsewhere on a long voy-age!

There was a running joke with them about finding the checkin (its 2 the right) - latrine etc. Nice little/gal brought by butter/sour cream/ steak sauce etc...4 my baked. People in this town are practically bending over 2 be hospitable.

Boy the big chop steak was good. The same chargrill I smelled outside was what I ended up eating.

These folks earn A +++.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Food was great. Great value and service. Buffet & salad bar had a great selection. Servers were attentive to our needs.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Had lunch at Gavid's when I was in the area. Asked a local where a good restaurant was and he directed me toward Gavid's. Enter from the right side as you go through a line. You can either select menu items or the buffet. The buffet is well worth the money as it is $ 6.99 and includes your drink. The buffet has numerous meats, vegetables (all home made), salads, desserts and breads. It is well worth the money. Great food, the service is good and the value cannot be beat. It's southern cooking in a family style restaurant with booths and tables. I definitely would go back if in the area. I had chicken which wasn't greasy at all, home made mashed potatoes, butterbeans, green beans, home made mac-n-cheese, banana pudding and ice tea. Was stuffed but didn't feel sluggish after eating it. A great place to go with friendly staff.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Yes this place was as I remembered it 20+ years ago. However, the place was clean and the food was average for a Friday night buffet! We went here before going to the movies and were fairly happy with the service. The place was packed! I was pleasantly surprised! This is no Wood Grill; however, this place is locally owned and operated. All staff members were working very hard and our waitress came by to check on us several times. We did not order any specialty steaks! We just had what was on the buffet.

1  Thank VaSpeters56