“Mexican Done Right”

Mi Rancho
Ranked #11 of 98 Restaurants in Waynesboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Mi Rancho is one of those places you need to know about. If your idea of Mexican food is a chain like Chevy's or El Torrito then forget it- this won't do it for you. On the other hand if you've eaten in mom & pop family joints in California,Texas or New Mexico- this little place will land you on the upside of just right.

Nothing fancy here- typical decor, clean, bright & family run... but the cooking is way better than average- fresh roasted chiles stuffed with cheese... carnitas done old school- cut in chunks off a slow cooked pork shoulder & then crispy fried in oil... with all the usual sides house made, of course. I've gotta mention the paper thin fresh hot corn chips with homemade red salsa that packs some nice heat... and be sure to get a bowl of $2 guacamole that Rick Bayless would be proud of. It's that good.

This is a local's place in a small town well off I-81 but really- if you want some great home-style Mexican dishes- this is the one. Do yourself a favor and get over there... its still a secret.

2  Thank Allen C

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We recently had a late lunch/early dinner here while passing near Waynesboro on nearby I-81. The food was great, the server was very attentive. The portions were generous. Mi Rancho is a place we go out of our way to dine at whenever we are nearby - it is that good!

1  Thank gypsy1995
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Food took a little while even though the restaurant was not crowded. Portion sizes were large. Food was delicious. Staff was friendly but did not speak much English. The music was a little much and got to be very monotonous during our visit. Otherwise a very pleasant lunch.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We stumbled across this place when my daughter said she wanted Mexican food. I told her I doubt it. Then 10 minutes later we ended up at Mi Rancho. The salsa was excellent to start. The portions are generous and very reasonably priced. Got to sample lots of different plates (there were 5 of us) each dish was great.

Highly recommend and if I am in the area again I will stop again.

1  Thank Christopher L
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Really like the food. Especially the salsa. It is awesome........or at least I think so. Have great and inexpensive lunch specials. Convenient and clean and always friendly with good service.