“Don't waste your time here”
Review of Shoney's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shoney's
Reviewed 8 November 2013

During our travels over the past few years have not seen a Shoney's, so when we noticed this one just up the road we thought lets eat here. I have always liked there buffet. This night the buffet was breakfast for dinner. We stared with the salad bar since the hot food was late being put out, not too bad for a small salad bar. Once the hot food was out I choose eggs with mushrooms and cheese, bacon and sausage. The eggs tasted like they came out of a box, the bacon and sausage were good. Next I tried the sausage gravy over a biscuit, the biscuit was good the gravy needed lots of help. Tried the fried chicken, a bit greasy by most standards. I must say that our server was pleasant and friendly. Also the mens bathroom was dirty and needed a makeover. I was very disappointed since I have always found The Shoney's chain a good value and having good food on the buffets.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

You can't go wrong at Shoney's. Hot food, cold salads, and friendly waitstaff. Clean bathrooms, too. We went at brunch time, so we had the best of both worlds: breakfast and lunch. The green beans were delicious, as well as the fried chicken.