After two nights at the Best Western Plus Historic Area hotel in Wiliiamsburg, Virginia, I would definitley say it is not a "Plus" hotel. Best Western has recently started categorizing their hotels into 3 categories: Best Western, Best Western Plus, and Best Western Premier. This summer we stayed at 2 Best Western Plus hotels in California that definitely deserved their "Plus" rating with large rooms furnished with upgraded amenities such as sitting areas with sofas, flat panel televisions, and large work desks. This hotel in Williamsburg had none of these upgraded features. It was small and sparsely furnished with a tiny bathroom and only two not very comfortable chairs at a small table. Lighting was poor in most of the room and the television looked like a refugee from the 1980s. On our second day, the room service staff also did not replace the hand towels or washcloths and I needed to go request them from the front desk. Average yes, but most definitely not a "Plus" facility.
On the "plus" side, it was clean and the staff were friendly The expanded continental breakfast included a waffle maker (long lines though) and hard boiled eggs, but the coffee was mediocre and there was not enough seating for the number of guests.
We had earned a free one night stay which we used for our first night, so I wonder if that resulted in us being given the worst room in the hotel. I should have complained but had a very full schedule so just didn't want to deal with changing rooms. Besides, shouldn't the most loyal customers that earn a free night be rewarded with the best, or at least one of the better, rooms rather than the worst? I would think that is just good customer service.
The price of over $100 with taxes was for a "Plus" hotel, but what we got was definitely an "average" hotel. Go elsewhere as there are dozens of hotels in Williamsburg that are just as nice or better for much less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of Williamsburg. The hotel is within walking distance to several restaurants. All rooms come with a microwave and refrigerator. Continental breakfast is included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Historic Area Hotel Williamsburg
- Best Western Williamsburg
- Waller Mills Inn
- Williamsburg Best Western
- Waller Mill Inn Williamsburg Va