Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn
Sleep Inn(Williamsburg)
Comfort Suites Bypass(Williamsburg)
  • Pool
1,066 results
All reviewscolonial williamsburgroom was cleanbusch gardensfree breakfasthistoric areaindoor poolcracker barrelbreakfast areagolden corralhot breakfastyogurtstaff was very friendly and helpfulbreakfast staffwould stay againhot tubnice stayshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2011

had a great stay, everyone was nice the room was clean. the breakfast was a little overcrowded but ok. heated pool when it was cool outside was awesome!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank alise w
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2011

Hello!

I first want to take the time out to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We reallyd do appreciate all of your comments as it helps us strive to become an even better hotel! I am glad to know that you enjoed your stay as well as the hot tub too. Thank you for allowing us to accommodate you.

We appreciate your time. We hope that you will stay with us again, on future visits to the area.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

This hotel is on the decline. Front desk staff do not appear to be professional. Room lacked hot water. Lighting is poor (nothing brighter than a 60W bulb and some of these were burned out). Bathroom floor had long hairs from a prior occupant. Breakfast lacked choices and was poorly presented.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan S

Good Morning,

A part of Best Western, it is always dissapoining to read that we could not make ones stay excellent; I apologize for not giving you the experience that you were looking forward I have brought this to the attention of our houskeeping team, maintence, and front desk staff as your comments have helped us improve. I am verry sorry we let you down in certain areas, but would love an opportunity of redemption. Please feel free to call me at (757)220-0880.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Great position but nothing else to recommend it. Breakfast terrible. Stale bread that looked as if it had been there since the Revolution. Our room and all the public areas need a good clean.
TV ancient and picture dreadful.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Hello,

On behalf of the Best Western Plus Historic Area I would to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences today. We would also like to thank you for sharing your concern about your stay, but you also made us aware of our weaknesses and areas we may improve.
I do apologize that your stay with us was not as excellent as what you had planned for it to be. It is disappointing to see that we did fall short. Please be assured that we would like nothing less than provide the best accommodations for you and your family, and we hope that you give us another opportunity to make things special. Your review has provided us great knowledge and can only improve our operations.

Reviewed 10 November 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Best Western for 3 nights in early September 2011. We were in Williamsburg to check out the colonial sites and some of the theme parks. The location is proximate to both. The hotel facilities were adequate, but the people at the hotel were very odd. First there was a large population of bikers, I didn't realize it was such a hot spot for bikers when we booked it. Secondly, they have a continental breakfast which consists of juices, coffee, sliced white bread, boxed cerals and a make-your-own waffle station. The problem is that there was a large family that would monopolize the waffle station for 20-30 minutes at a time, so unless you wanted to stand in line for a while, you were SOL. Lastly, there is an indoor swimming pool and hot tub which we never used becuase it was always flush with pre-teens acting loud and crazy. I'm not some old grandpa, only 28, but there were just too many kids to tolerate. I would not stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
bwha47138, General Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. I can understand how frustrating that may have been for you. The month of September is still a very busy time for us here in Williamsburg. As our off season does not hit us until January, February time frame. Your comment is important to us. As we use all the good and the bad to guide us in making our current and our future guest have an enjoyable stay each and every time. So with that being said please give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
If there is anything we can do to assist you in making your next reservation, please give us a call.
Yours in service,
Alana S. Maldonado
Best Western Plus Historic Area
757-220-0880

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I expected more, since this was a Best Western Plus, but this is just an average Best Western with plain accomadations. The carpet was stained, the indoor pool too cold, the hot tub burning skin and eyes. Only good to crash after long day, then leave ASAP.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
bwha47138, General Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

I would like to apologize for the hotel not being to your liking...... As our goal is to insure that our guest are 100% satisfied. I would like to thank you for the information you have giving us. So that way we can improve our hotel to meet the standards of our guest…. We hope to see you again in the near future.. If there is anything we can do to assist you in your next visit please don’t hesitate to call.

Yours in service