“Nice Hotel”

Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn
Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Even though you could tell it was an older hotel, it was remodeled, clean and didn't smell musty at all. We were very happy with the staff. Everyone was nice and we even got a phone call asking if we needed anything awhile after we checked in. Everyone was friendly and we especially liked the pool. Definitely recommend this hotel and we would stay there again if we are ever in the area in the future.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rachel M
Alexis W, Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank you for your review, we always appreciate guests letting us know what we are doing right. Please come and see us again

Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed 25 August 2012

My family and I have been staying at this hotel for the past 3 years. We have stayed here exactly 4 times. 3 out 4 times the hotel has lived up to our expectations. Yes, there was one time where I was disappointed with the upkeep of the room. During that stay, I shared my concerns with the hotel staff and through a survey. I was surprised to received an email from the hotel manager, apologizing for the less than stellar service. I decided to give the hotel another chance(everyone deserves a second or in my experience a fourth chance) and I returned, this past week (8/19-25/2012). Glad I did. I was very happy with my stay. Room was clean, had fresh towels daily and friendly service. I loved this hotel 3 years ago and my current stay restored my faith in the staff/hotel again. I will continue to stay here as long as the hotel's staff continues to deliver consistent, friendly customer service. Thanks to all at the Best Western Plus Hisoric Area Inn!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 223. 2 queen beds, fridge, micro, coffe pot, hair dryer, iron. Near elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of the Best Western Williamsburg, please come back and see us

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Our family has stayed at this hotel the past 3 years for vacation and have enjoyed it every time we have been there!! The staff is very friendly and makes you feel like you are at home. Breakfast is always good and the staff assisting with breakfast is excellent!!! I plan on staying here next summer also for vacation!! The rooms are always clean and good service can be expected when you return to your room from a busy day!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review, it is always good to hear that we made your stay memorable.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We did not have a reservation upon check in and they said they could accomodate a family of 4 in a room with a king bed and pull out sofa bed. We specifically asked about the pull out bed in regards to it's size and they said it would accomodate 2 children which it did not! It was only twin size so we managed with the king bed. The room was free of bedbugs and the bathroom was clean. The carpeting throughout the entire hotel was disgusting! It looked like it had never been cleaned or vacuumed in months. The breakfast area was fine...crowded at times but manageable. The staff was friendly and they did bring us extra towels when requested. We would probably not stay there again but it served it's purpose for our trip.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor. No problems with noise from the rest of the motel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of the Best Western Historic in Williamsburg. We are happy to hear that we made your stay enjoyable, however we do regret the inconvienances you experienced during your stay. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I had read previous reviews, which did not sound promising, but I had used Priceline and this was the accepted offer. I decided to go in with an open mind, (since I couldn't change anything anyway) but well, it didn't help. The exterior front looks very nice; however, service was terrible. When I went in to check-in, I was treated as though I was intruding upon the clerks, and that set the rest of my stay. After parking in the back near the "security" door, I found said door had a broken pane of glass; not inspiring any sense of security! I also found this door "open" on many occasions during my stay, either propped open or just plain not closing securely! Once inside my room, I was disappointed with the furniture in the room; it was cheap and sparse and my mattress "squeaked" anytime I sat upon it. The one thing I did like about my room was the bathroom counter. My check-out experience was no better as I interrupted a "smoke" break. The free breakfast was nothing exciting, my daughter had instant oatmeal because nothing else inspired her. I woud NOT reccommend this hotel and I find it hard to believe this is considered one of Best Western's "Plus" or better hotels. The price they charged was clearly not worth it, even with my discount with Priceline!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Alexis W, Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Thank you for your review of your stay. I would like to apologize for not providing the service you expected and should have received. We use to reviews in order to improve. Thank you again for the review and we once again apologize.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Have stayed at the Best Western Historic Plus 3 times now and have always enjoyed our stay. Convenient to both the historic area, William & Mary where our son just graduated, and shopping areas. The staff has always been helpful, check in and out speedy, and the room always neat and clean. This is where we will stay anytime we go to Williamsburg.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chip P
Alexis W, Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Thank you for your response, we appreciate the kind words. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Just came back from week long vacation. My room was clean,as was the bathroom. great place to crash at the end of the day. Beds were comfy.Staff was great. location was great,near restaurants and activities. would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Arlene68
Alexis W, Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Thank you for your response, we are glad we made your stay enjoyable. Come back and see us soon.