“Very good stay”

Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn
Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We have been staying at this same property for the past several years when we visit. The rooms are clean and comfortable, with in oom coffee maker, microwave/minifridge-they finally have flat screen TVs!! The staff is very courteous and helpful. We use the fitness center and hot tub regularly. It is very conveniently located to visit the College of William & Mary -should you have a child studying there, and, of course, the delightful Colonial Williamsburg! Getting to the main shopping and eating locations is very easy. The room rates are always competitive. Will continue to patronize--thanks for making our stays so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Because of pool and fitness center, try and avoid first floor due to noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Alexis W, Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you so much for your review, it is always great to hear that we are making someone's stay an enjoyable one. Also happy to hear you choose our hotel when visiting Williamsburg and we appreciate it. Let us know if there is anything you need when staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon. Thank you

Write a ReviewReviews (1,051)

Reviewed 16 February 2013

This location is perfect for the visiting travler that wants a variety of things to do. Weather your traveling with family, alone, with loved one you will have many choices. Shopping, Historical sites, restaurants and amusement parks are all a short distance from this location. Rooms were clean and well kept during our stay The only negative was out of two toasters in the eating area none worked. The breakfast was hot with many choices I would surely return. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: You can hear loud and discourtious guests at night in the halls especially with loud children, The...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2013

Good Morning!!

I would first like to say "Thank You" for choosing us as your choice of hotel as we know that there are many to choose from in our location. We really do appreciate it. I am very pleased to know that you had a great time here as we try to work very hard on accomdating our guest to the best of our ability. I do want to apologize about the toaster not working. I have advised the proper management and we are currently working on this issue. If you have any more questions or concerns or if you need help with booking in the future with us please feel free to contact me at 757-220-0880. Have a great day!!!

Best Western Plus Historic Area

Reviewed 31 January 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night. Front desk clerk was very welcoming and helpful. The hotel is well equiped and maintained. Amenities such as pool, hot tub and fitness center are very good and breakfast is excellent - an easy choice to recommend.

Room Tip: Top floor, near elevator
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Good Afternoon,

I would first like to say "Thank You" for choosing us as your choice of hotel as we know there are many to choose from. I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay here, as we work hard to make sure that evey guests is satified when they walk through our doors. When and if you do decide to come back to the area please give me a call and I will be more than happy to help you with your reservation. Have a great day!!!!

757-951-3203

Reviewed 30 January 2013

We stayed one night and the hotel was nearly empty when we arrived.

It was a lovely room with 2 Q beds and a micro fridge. The micro/coffee maker/fridge were all unplugged. We figured out how to plug in the microwave but couldn't do the rest.

No problem the lobby has a very nice coffee machine that provided lovely cups of tea any time and there was plenty of ice up on the second floor for our cooler.

The wifi was the fastest I've ever seen in a hotel and the employees were excellent. We have mulitple food allergies but my husband enjoyed the breakfast bar and my kids loved the juice machine in the morning.

Our only dislike was the pillows and the air system. They were those funny little square things that alot of hotels have moved to lately. The room was the perfect temperature but there was no way to leave the fan running all night as white noise. My kids sleep better with a fan running but our room was nice and quiet even though we were right off the lobby.

I think this is the best hotel to stay in the Williamsburg area and will be our first choice from now on.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Alexis W, Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Thank you so much for the review of your stay and we are very pleased we made it enjoyable. We also look forward to being your choice when you return to Williamsburg. Thanks again and we hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

This was the second time we stayed here in the last year. Great location, reasonable price and excellent service. My only suggestion would be a little more variety on a daily basis with the breakfast, otherwise, it was a great experience and we will come back again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Family_In_Ardmore
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Good Morning!,

I would first like to start off by saying "Thank you" for being a loyal guest to the Best Western family, we really do appreciate it. I am very happy to know that we were able to make your stay as enjoyable as the others. I would like to apologize about the breakfast variety, we are actually working on changing some of the breakfast items day to day so that our guest will have multiple varieties when they stay multiple days with us. When and if you do decide to be back, please give me a call at 757-220-0880 and I will personally assist you with your reservation. Have a great day!

Reviewed 4 January 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel over the Christmas Holiday because we attended Christmas Town at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. This hotel totally beat the Travelodge across the street we stayed at last year!! The staff couldn't have been more friendlier, the indoor pool was nice, the fitness center was nice, and there was a nice variety to eat for breakfast in the morning. Great coffee and there were even some complementary, homemade cookies at the front desk!! We rented two rooms and both of them were extremely clean, the beds were comfortable, and the bathrooms looked like they were very recently remodeled.

The one negative I could find about this hotel were the beds were double-sized instead of queen-sized. Still, my family and I slept great in them. I totally recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, or just want to spend time in the city!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Alexis W, Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

We appreciate your response and we are glad we made your stay enjoyable. Come back and see us and we will make sure we get your queens beds. Thanks again!

Reviewed 16 December 2012

We stayed for two nights. We were pleasantly surprised on the cleanliness and helpfulness of the staff. The hotel is close to everything! Check in was fast and friendly. Staff called the first evening to see if the room was ok and it was. Our room had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Maid did forget to retock the coffee. That was not a problem however as there was plenty in the lobby and at the continental breakfast. I am sure the staff would have been more than happy to replenish if we would have ask.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your response! It is always good to hear positive responses and that we are doing things right. Please come back and see us again.