“Nothing but Compliments”

Ranked #18 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Washington DC, United States
“Nothing but Compliments”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Thanks to Delma in housekeeping for tolerating all of our requests and crazy schedule. The room was clean and a nice size. The front desk was very helpful with dinner recommendations and helped us to find directions to Luray Caverns upon departure. We had a great stay and look forward to coming back in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Good Morning,

I would first like to start off by saying "Thank You" for choosing the Best Western Plus Historic Area as your choice of hotel in the area. We do realize that there are many hotels in the area, and to know that you decided to pick our establishment makes us feel great!! We make a goal for ourselves to make sure that all of our guest have a wonderful stay here, and it makes us very happy to know that we can put a check mark off your name for being a happy guest. I am very pleased to know that Delma made your stay a bit more enjoyable. I will make sure that I pass the information along to her. She works very hard. If or when you decide to come back to the Williamsburg area please feel free to call me. I will personally help you with your reservation. Have a great day as well as holiday!!!

757-220-0880

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Washington DC, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I came to Williamsburg for a meeting and stayed at the Best Western because it was recommended to me by a friend. I couldn't have been happier. A nice, clean hotel with a pretty good breakfast that was quick and easy to get. It was a nice start to the day.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Good Afternoon Mr. Jay,

I would first like to start off by saying "Thank You" for choosing the Best Western Plus Historic Area as your choice of hotel in the area. We do realize that there are many hotels in the area, and to know that you decided to pick our establishment makes us feel great!! We make a goal for ourselves to make sure that all of our guest have a wonderful stay here, and it makes us very happy to know that we can put a check mark off your name for being a happy guest. Tell you friend thank you for the recommendation!! We really do appreciate his loyalty to our brand. If or when you decide to come back to the Williamsburg area please feel free to call me. I will personally help you with your reservation. Have a great day as well as holiday!!!

great falls, va
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Williamsburg Best Western is not in the Colonial area as represented, but on the outskirts.The first room was so filthy with dirt, trash and cobwebs that I changed rooms. The second room had holes in the linens, roaches in the bathroom and larger roaches in the lobby near the breakfast area. Hotel personnel did not care about the problems and acted as if this were not only acceptable, but normal.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

2 Thank debra p
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Good Morning Ms. Debra,

I would first like to "Thank You" for staying at our property here in Williamsburg, Va. I am deeply sorry for all the inconveniences that you may have came across here during your stay. Cleanliness is generally not a problem here, so I apologize about that. I have already spoken to the proper departments and these issues have been taken care of. Have a great day!!!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Everything was great, but I seriously would have paid twice what I did to not have back pain while trying to enjoy the sights all day! The beds are the hardest I've ever slept on; feel like I slept on the floor :-(

• Stayed November 2013
Good Afternoon,

I would first like to start off by saying "Thank You" for choosing the Best Western Plus Historic Area as your choice of hotel in the area. I would like to apologize on behalf of your stay not being enjoyable. I have talked to the proper management and we have taken proper procedure about the beds. Have a great day as well as holiday!!!

Lynchburg, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My husband and I started coming to this hotel in fall 2011 and have consistently had great experiences here. The decor and in-room amenities are up-to-date, such that this hotel offers much more than I have experience at other hotels with similar low rates. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. We highly recommend this hotel to friends and family as an affordable but very comfortable and accommodating place to stay in Williamsburg.

Good Afternoon Ms. Brandi,

I would first like to start off by saying "Thank You" for choosing the Best Western Plus Historic Area as your choice of hotel in the area. We do realize that there are many hotels in the area, and to know that you decided to pick our establishment makes us feel great!! We make a goal for ourselves to make sure that all of our guest have a wonderful stay here, and it makes us very happy to know that we can put a check mark off your name for being a happy guest. If or when you decide to come back to the Williamsburg area please feel free to call me. I will personally help you with your reservation. Have a great day as well as holiday!!!

Chesapeake, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We have stayed at this same hotel many many times. We are pleased with the staff, they are very nice, Hotel is clean, however we did have roaches this time, and the bed mattress is really old. Very worn out. Seems that the trim also needs painting in our room. But other than that, it is great.....

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Alexis W, Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for your review and it was a pleasure to have you stay with us for your anniversary. We are very sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. We have already addressed them and appreciate you letting us know. We hope to see you again soon.
Braggtown, NC
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This property was well located, but shows signs of needing substantial upgrades. Check-in was effortless and the staff was pleasant. I was a bit worried to see that the "mystery deal" I got from a discount travel website was noted on my guest folio (fearing that would result in the worst room on the property). Things were better than I feared, but nothing to rave about.

As far as the room, I'm not surprised to find popcorn ceilings, but the addition of popcorn walls in our room was something I'd never seen before. Otherwise the room was perfectly acceptable, not big, but the space was generally efficiently used. Glad to find a mini fridge.

The bathroom was very tiny and the towels were on the thin side, but the shower head was terrific and really upped my overall opinion of the experience.

We were prepared to use the indoor pool, but decided against it because it just didn't appear particularly clean.

This property was not our first choice; we really liked the Comfort Inn (across the bypass) and its uber-modern design, but it was sold out.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review! We are very confused by the "mystery deal" as well, I have never seen that before and have no idea where it came from. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.