“Roaches!”

Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway
Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Checked in with my 3 month old. After dinner we were watching TV and a roach crawled across the bed. Desk clerk called the owner who offered to move us to a different room. Roaches in one room would likely mean roaches in the rest of the hotel. We packed up and drove straight through the night 9 hours home cutting our vacation short. Asked that the owner call me, no phone call. We spent $40 at the laundry mat washing everything we had with us, threw away $30 worth of foods/snaks ect. They didn't charge us for the night, however we weren't there a matter of 3 hours. I had no plans to write a review as this is a new hotel and I felt this was likely an isolated incodent. However in reading other reviews this has happened since the renovation to other guests. Calling health department tomorrow. People shouldn't need to get sick, ruin vacations and spend money disinfecting belongings for an ongoing issue. Had the owner contacted me as promised perhaps I would have felt secure that this was being taken seriously. No communication and I'm out $ ..needs attention.

Room Tip: The room had roaches, what more can I say!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Melissa R
David S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear Melissa R,

Thank you for taking time out to let us know about your stay. I'm sorry to hear of your experience and would like to talk with you further. We do a monthly detailed pest inspection that was just completed last week as well as a detailed inspection twice per week of the rooms by management. We take issues like this very seriously since we are new, as a result, we have been in touch with our pest company and they are coming back out today to service the property. We understand that we can't change the past but would appreciate another opportunity to show you that we are the hotel of choice for the Greater Williamsburg Area. Please email me at dsmith@hmphotels.com.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed 6 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
2  Thank Demarest M

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was in Williamsburg mid-week late October. Got a room through the Internet with AARP discount for just over $50. This hotel has been totally redone on the inside. The lobby, the hall (a little dark), the room all fresh, clean, inviting. My room was #121. Everything about it was tasteful, simple. It's not the Ritz but who cares when there is a pleasant atmosphere and environment, quiet, comfortable and at the price I paid. The only drawback is the need for some towel holders, but the owner is working on that. Better than some older four-star hotels I've stayed in within the past year or two of traveling.

What else do you want to know? Staff friendly, helpful. Didn't eat breakfast because I got up too late, but the eating area looked clean and well kept.

I travel a lot for pleasure and business. I wish I could take this room was portable and be unfolded out of my suitcase everywhere I go both for price and environment.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
David S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Bobbi W,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay so much. We are sorry that you missed out on our DayBreak Breakfast. We hear that our beds are so comfortable that guests have overslept. We do offer extended hours on the weekend until 10am for Breakfast for guests convenience. Thanks again for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We have been fortunate to be able to visit Williamsburg 2-3 times per year and for many years the Days Inn on Bypass Road has been our hotel of choice. The recent renovation is wonderful. The rooms are spotless, bright and modern as is the entire hotel. Many thanks to Ron who has always shown true "Southern Hospitality" and Professionalism. He is an employee of which the Days Inn should be proud. You can truly feel at home in this hotel as the staff are most accomodating. This hotel is in a great location.. close to the HIstoric Area as well as many restaurants and other venues. I also felt I needed a blanket but all I had to do was ask and it was provided. I understand they are in the process of providing blankets in all the rooms. Hope to be back in February. Maria and Tom Sweeney

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maria Rose S

Dear Maria Rose S,

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your continued business over the years. Ron mentioned that you have been staying at the property for quite some time. If you are able to, we would love to see you again during the holidays. Our property will be decorated and Colonial Williamsburg has a Grand Illumination Celebration the weekend of December 6th - 8th. Thank you again for your business and for making us your home away from home!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is a bargin hotel that has great amenities, good service, a great location. I have stayed in W'burg at many hotels - I will be back to this one. The only compliant is that I would have loved a blanket or thicker comforter - but for the price I will bring my own blankets.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear dpelgrim,

Thank you for taking time out to share your experience. We are glad that you found that our hotel offered a great value for your stay in Historic Williamsburg. We do have blankets available by calling the front desk from your room and a team member will be glad to deliver it to you. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is the nicest two-star hotel that we have had the pleasure of staying in. It has been recently renovated to a tasteful, contemporary design. It is conveniently located near the historic area and the staff was most obliging. For what we paid there is nothing at all that could be complained about. I don't think that you could do better in the Williamsburg area for the price and feel that it likely deserves a higher star rating. They accept pets which was a benefit to us,

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
David S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear bepate,

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you choosing to stay at our freshly renovated hotel. We are pleased that you feel we deserve a higher star rating. AAA was just at our property about 10 days ago and we are excited to announce that they upgraded us from a 2 Diamond Rating to a 3 Diamond Rating. Our property does not allow pets, however, we work with several kennels in the area or our front desk team is happy to find other hotel accommodations in the area that are pet friendly. Thank you again for your business!