“Great Customer Service and Value”

Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway
Ranked #5 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We booked 2 adjoining rooms for our family of 4 adults for our recent 5 day stay. Great first impression as grounds were landscaped beautifully, lobby was spotless and staff was friendly and efficient. Baggage carts were readily available on each floor for easy unloading of our vehicles. As we entered our room we noticed how beautifully decorated it was, and it was IMMACULATE!! Bathroom was clean and also had a long, wide shelf under the sink counter for extra storage. Our rooms had 2 queen sized beds, 2 chairs, big flat screen TV with HBO, a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, hair dryer and an alarm clock with "cute sounding" alarms. It's not everyday I wake up to frogs croaking!! Great way to start our vacation. Why they even offered a choice of pillow firmness with 3 pillows propped up neatly on the bed. Continental breakfast had a nice assortment to choose from with large eating area with tables and chairs. Loved the place and would definitely book again when in this area.
PS - No I'm not related - just a very pleased customer.

Room Tip: We had a quiet nights sleep and all guests we spoke with were also pleased. Avoid room near ice mach...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
David S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Frank S,

Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to hear that your experience with our hotel was a wonderful one. We hope that we have become your new home away from home anytime you visit Historic Williamsburg. Thank you for your business!
Maryland
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I reserved two rooms at the Days Inn Historic Area - one for me for two nights, and one for my sister and niece for one night. We were given adjoining rooms, which we enjoyed very much. Since I had only one bed in my room, I had a nice area with two chairs and a lamp, which made it very convenient for us to visit. The rooms are furnished with a stylish, modern feel, rather than a faux colonial motif that can be common in historic towns.

The bathroom is a little cramped. The toilet is directly in front of the door, which makes it awkward to use the toilet unless you go all the way into the bathroom and then past the toilet to close the door. Otherwise, everything was very clean and comfortable. I liked having a choice of pillows on the bed.

The breakfast was OK. I would have liked a cup of yogurt rather than the squeeze kids kind. The scrambled eggs on Sunday morning were hard and rubbery - impossible to eat.

Everyone we met on the staff was extremely pleasant and engaged with the guests. I reported a small housekeeping problem when I checked out and the gentleman at the desk made a note of it as I told him. I felt that it would be followed up on.

I thought I got a very good rate, even though it was William and Mary graduation weekend. The hotel is very close to the Visitors Center for Colonial Williamsburg, so it was convenient to go back and forth. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room faced the Denny's next door as well as the main road, but I never heard any noise. The h...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
David S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear AnnaSoo,

Thank you for taking time out to share your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed our recently renovated hotel. Our adjoining rooms are perfect for larger families and in addition to the 1 King to 2 Queen adjoining rooms, we also have rooms that adjoin with 2 Queen Beds in each of the rooms. The yogurt is something that we are adding to the menu this week but the push up Gogurts was added specially for a kid group that we had staying with us, however we put them out for all guest to enjoy. Thank you for bringing to our attention your concern at checkout as that helps us to become a better hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at the new Days Inn on Bypass road and was amazed to see a Days Inn of this quality! I arrived late and the desk staff Zack was ready for my arrival and had me headed to my room very efficiently. The room was immaculate and so fresh and the large screen TV was great for catching the hockey games. Also slept very comfortably and pressure was great as well, so much so that I missed breakfast most mornings (checked it out on my last morning and wish I would not have skipped it the other days). All in all this is a great hotel and I can see why it has won awards already. Great job and can wait to stay here again!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Biztrvler80,

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted to hear that Zack took great care of you at check in and had you to your room in no time. Our breakfast has recently been improved to be a healthier choice. We hope to see you again very soon. Thank you for your business!
Twin Lakes, Colorado
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We recently stayed at this Days Inn and I have to say it is the best Days Inn we have ever stayed in. It has been recently renovated and everything is so bright, fresh and clean. Rooms were very clean and the lobby area was immaculate. I could not believe this was a Days Inn because it looked so well maintained. We travel once a month and stay in a lot of hotels/motels and this is the best ever.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
David S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear queen313,

Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We certainly hope that you will keep us in mind anytime you visit Historic Williamsburg. We always have something new going on in the area for the family, no matter the season. Thanks again for your business!