Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway
US$223
Official Website
US$125
US$89
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$80
Greensprings Vacation Resort(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$117
  • Pool
US$112
US$99
US$509
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$121
Kingsmill Resort(Williamsburg)
US$234
Travelocity
1,033 results
All reviewswafflesdavid smithbusch gardensthe breakfast areabypass roadfree breakfastthe hotel is cleanwould definitely stay here againthe general managercracker barrelice machinebeds were comfortablewaffle makerstayed nightsconvenient locationexercise roomshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My expectations are usually quite low with chain hotels but this one is tremendous. So clean and new feeling with a pool, gym and laundry. Breakfast is also included which is fantastic for the price you pay for the room. It just all feels new and clean. The bed was great as was the room. Very happy indeed.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Bridger79
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My Fiancé and I stayed there the weekend of the 20th. First I must stay I was very surprised to see the makeover of this hotel. I was not expecting it to be as nice and as modern. Many upgrades to the decor. Our checkin was easy and the gentlemen at the front desk was very pleasant. He apologized for any inconvenience due to the construction going on in the parking lot. Very professional. Our room is where things went South. Very clean but it looked incomplete. We had two queen beds but only one bed had two pillows and these pillows were the size of throw pillows for a couch. Very small. We had coffee and sugar but no coffee maker. No microwave but rooms around us had them. We had a refrigerator to hold our food but could not heat it. Not even in guest dining area. The shower never got warm and with two nights staying there you would expect them to get it fixed but NO, this did not happen nor was our room changed. We took cold showers the entire weekend. The manager was very apologetic but we were not compensated in any way. Again, a simple room change would have sufficed. The parking was minimal and we had to park in a parking lot next to hotel which as a female I did not feel was safe. Again the hotel is very nice looking and clean with a great location so I'm hoping we just were unlucky that stay and got a room not finished with upgrades. If it weren't for the great people working there that we encountered we may not have been so calm about the issues. Amy (night shift) was extremely friendly and accommodating and was that perfect person to have to complain to. She provided us more pillows with no hesitation and did so with a smile. The overall service was great. Even from the Manager that we spoke with about the cold water. It wasn't fixed but he made us feel like he was trying to resolve this issue. I'm still not clear as to why the issue continued. I would return and recommend with my fingers crossed. I would expect these issues would not still be there.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank RAP226
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

After reading all the reviews I decided to book this hotel for 3 nights while visiting the Williamsburg area. I crossed my fingers & hoped for the best. The best is what we got! The hotel was super clean, newly renovated with comfortable beds and great customer service. I called down for an extra blanket one night & 10 minutes later it was delivered to our door. The breakfast was decent considering it was free, nothing special but enough to get a little something in your belly before heading out. There was also a Denny's right out front of the hotel if the breakfast wasn't enough for you. The location of the hotel was great, 3 minutes to Colonial Williamsburg & 10 minutes to Busch Gardens. I am usually extremely picky about where I stay & I can honestly say this hotel had everything we needed. The halls could get a little loud at certain times, the walls weren't too thick but you can't blame the hotel for people letting their kids run up & down the halls on their way to & from breakfast.
All in all, extremely happy with our stay & would go back again if ever visiting the Williamsburg area!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank karab683
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Staying in a unknown area and in an untested hotel can be tricky. this hotel lived up to its nice reviews.front desk staff are very helpful, first floor rooms can be noisy especially close to breakfast area, elevators, ice machines and laundry. we stayed in rooms across form the pool entrance and breakfast area and agree that people arriving should be more considerate. But we were willing to live with the noise for the convenience. Used the ac fan to block out some of the noise. Breakfast is simple: waffles or pancakes, egg and toast, or oatmeal, and cereal. coffee or tea. no meat. There is Denny's next door. Rooms had refrigerators, and microwaves in room coffee makers. towels were provided at the pool which is small and clean. No lifeguards so parents must supervise children. Room was clean and bright many new refurbishments they were even replacing the hall lighting to make it brighter, while we were there. Location is excellent a short drive to Williamsburg sites and college. The laundry room is small only two washers and two dryers one of each was out of order. You should plan on picking up detergent if you plan on doing any laundry. there are a couple of tread mills available but with all the walking you can do while visiting the area you wont need them. there is a beautiful 2 mile stretch of road right in the center of colonial williamsburg if you must get in that run. over all a very nice stay.

Room Tip: parking lot side no morning sun a plus if you want to sleep in.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank momLofteens
David S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2016

Dear momLofteens,

Thank you for taking time out to share your experience. We are delighted to say that we have gone through another soft update and we are now the Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway. We have an expanded breakfast, a selection of pillows in each room and Comfort Inn's signature mattress pad. We hope you will come back and see the improvements. Thank you for your business!

Yours in hospitality,

David N. Smith

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My children (ages 11 and 9) and I stayed here for four nights in July 2014. The room was very clean and nicely updated. The shared spaces, such as the pool and lobby, were well-maintained and pleasant. I would rate the hotel higher, but our room was on the basement level, across from the hotel laundry services. The location and the tile floor in the hallway made for a very noisy early morning. We were often awakened at 6 am or earlier by slamming doors and rolling suitcases. All the doors made a very loud noise when shut. If you stay here, request any level but the basement, and you should have a positive experience.

Room Tip: Avoid basement level rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank KansasTraveler156
David S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2016

Dear KansasTraveler156,

Thank you for taking time out and letting us know about your 2014 stay with us. We are pleased to announce that we just completed another upgrade this past year and we are now a Comfort Inn hotel. We offer a larger variety on our breakfast bar as well as upgraded bedding. We hope that you will come back and see the improvements. Email me at dsmith@hmphotels.com and I will make sure you get an upper floor room that is quieter. Thank you again for your business!

Yours in Hospitality,