“Bring the family for great value! Great breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #35 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Bring the family for great value! Great breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We just arrived home from a trip to water country and we chose this hotel because of location, price, pool, and as silly as it sounds the breakfast. When we travel we look for hotels that have a decent breakfast.. we have 2 boys (9 and 11) so it saves us a HUGE amount of money to eat breakfast at the hotel.
The front staff was very friendly, kids loved pool, room was perfect even had a fridge and microwave. The bathroom door was one that actually slides into wall and kids thought that was so neat. As I said earlier, good breakfast (cereal, eggs, waffles, muffins, yogurt etc)..
Few small complaints.. coffee maker in room was kinda crappy didnt work correctly, 2 dryers in laundry room only ond worked and other one didnt dry correctly.. but besides that no other complaints. This is a perfect hotel for families.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank waterparks4us

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Tonight I called the hotel because my wife sprained her ankle severely yesterday and we knew we weren't going to be able to visit Williamsburg and do all the walking required in the historic area. I checked my email reservation and it said I was past the cancellation deadline. I called the hotel directly and spoke to Katina at the desk. She was so understanding of our circumstances and cancelled the reservation even without a penalty. That is real professionalism and I promised Katina our next Williamsburg visit will definitely be at the Sleep Inn. I look forward to seeing this hotel and if the rest of the staff is like Katina I'm sure we will have a great stay. Thanks Katina.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank geoffdogdoc
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed two nights @ the Sleep Inn in Willamsburg,Va. with no complaints. If you are looking to save on a hotel, this one is a no frills, but clean and nice staff. Pool stayed open until 11pm, so our late arrival allowed us some pool time. Breakfast was ok, nothing fancy, but will fill you up before you visit in the area. Bagels, muffins, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, some sausage patties and egg rounds and make your own waffles. The room was clean, and as said in previous reviews, the bathroom pocket door was heavy and difficult to close. This will save you some cash, but do not expect the Ritz.

1 Thank ElusiveDream_524
East Windsor, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

The only good thing about this hotel was the location. It is within 10 minutes from attractions and many restaurants. But then again, so are about 20 other hotels in the area and perhaps my stay would have been much better at one of those hotels. Where do I start? When I first got to my room, I noticed immediately the ancient AC unit which had the cover hanging off it. It stayed that way my entire stay. My phone was not working and the room was very small. I had a double queen for me and my son. I wouldn't recommend for a family of 3 or more. There were only 3 drawers. The bathroom has a heavy pocket door and mine had no handle to properly close it. I had to go down to the front desk (since my phone didn't work) and ask the front desk about it. She had to come up and struggle a bit to pull open. She told me to not push it all the way back.. How about having a proper door to begin with? What's more, there was no working lock. The carpet wasn't vacuumed well. I found bottle caps and hair bands around. The TV for whatever reason kept turning off. Both me and my son found the mattresses adequate. The desk staff didn't acknowledge me when I entered the hotel on any day. I was on 3rd floor (top). There are no ice machines on the floor. On my last day, I decided to use the laundry. I had to go downstairs to get change and when I tried to purchase detergent, nothing came out. I went back to front desk to ask about it and was told they must be out. He didn't have the key to get any and suggested I go next door to Comfort Inn to get some. I'm sorry, was I staying at the Comfort Inn? What kind of desk attendant doesn't have access to items guests may need? I was so over that hotel. I will definitely not be back. I don't look to spend a fortune on hotels on simple vacations but basic amenities should be met.

Crofton, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

There are so many hotels in Williamsburg, so I did a lot of research to find one that was a good match for our family. Sleep Inn has a breakfast included and an indoor pool, which are both musts for me. However, I was disappointed in the accomodations from the minute we arrived. A room with two queen beds for a family of four should have more than two drawers to unpack into. Two of us had to live out of our suitcases for four days. The front fell off the A/C unit when we touched it, one of the overhead lights did not have the plastic covering on it, and the carpet was extremely dirty looking and worn out. We did not mind having a shower instead of a tub, but it's not possible for two people to be in the bathroom at the same time when it's a glass door shower unless you don't mind being rather exposed. The hallways had wires hanging down from the lights over every room's door and the staircases were never vacuumed and the furniture in the stairwell had a thick layer of dust and grime on top. The breakfast was the usual cereals, eggs & sausage, waffle maker, yogurt, etc. but there are only 10 tables (4 that can seat more than 2 people) so everyone was waiting for other people to finish up before they could sit down. There are so many hotels in Williamsburg and I would definitely consider a different one next time.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Clayton, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I'm on a budget so money was a huge factor. We were spending time at the Theme Parks, so I was looking to spend my money there, rather than a hotel. So my criteria was a cheap hotel that was clean. I got exactly what I wanted. The room was CLEAN. The beds were super comfortable and CLEAN. The towels were CLEAN and plentiful. The A/C worked perfectly, in fact it was a bit too much at times. We didn't hear any excess noise from other guests, so we were able to sleep well. The breakfast was the usual fare of eggs and sausage, cereals and oatmeal, waffle maker, bagels, toast and muffins. Just what our family of 5 needed to sustain us before heading to Busch Gardens. The room itself was shabby. There was a hole in the carpet between the beds about the size of an orange. The bedspread on one of the beds also had a quarter size hole. The room was not modern in any way, actually looked very dated. There was also a bit of a "wet" smell to the room, but it was in no way overpowering. I know we got back from the parks every day soaking wet, so I don't think we were the first people to do so! It was in an excellent location so we felt extremely safe. I would stay again especially for the price. Don't stay here looking for modern and cool. Stay here only if you can look past the cosmetics and just want to have an excellent night's sleep for really cheap money. BTW, the staff were super accommodating. We checked in around 9:30 pm after being at the parks all day. We got to the room and we didn't have the roll away bed we needed for our son. They brought it up within seconds. Once she arrived, we mentioned to her that our TV wasn't working (which could have been a big deal) and she was able to turn it on manually. It seemed the remote was out of batteries. She came back 10 minutes later, having walked over to a nearby hotel to borrow batteries from them to give to us. I thought that was outstanding!!

1 Thank dtonlinestuff
Collegeville, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

My family came to Williamsburg to visit family. We chose Sleep Inn for the location and price. It was a good choice. Of it's class of hotel, it deserrves 4 out of 5. The only complaint I have is the air conditioner in our room cooled but didn't seem to pull the humidity. The room was clean. The staff were friendly. The breakfast was a bit more than continental. We'd stay here again.

2 Thank hennhouse