“Last minute booking”

Ranked #2 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Last minute booking”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Booked a villa last minute as a halfway point to my next stop. I had no idea that it was a resort and was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. Room was amazing, full kitchen, fireplace, and comfy bed. The grounds are well manicured and added to the feel of the place. Worth every penny! I plan on coming back for a longer stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed two nights, primarily to have a day at Colonial Williamsburg. The Vacation Club property was very well located for Colonial Williamsburg as well as many of the other of the area's attraction.

The local setting is excellent in an area of exclusive homes and a golf course. Residents of the villas can use the restaurant and tavern at the golf club house. We had take out pizza from the clubhouse, which was excellent and very reasonably priced.

Check-in was efficient and very friendly.

The villa was excellent. Two full bedrooms with ensuite baths and a pull-out sofa in the living room. There was a full kitchen with sufficient equipment to tackle most meals if one chose to eat in. There were gas grills handy to each building.

The beds and linen were to the normal high standard of the Marriott Vacation Club properties.

As spring had not fully sprung, the gardens were a little bare, but the beds and lawns were groomed and ready for some warm temperatures to bring out the grass and flowers.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Al G
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for your positive review Al! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the resort's close proximity to colonial Williamsburg and the luxury villas. We look forward to your next visit to Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony!
Massillon, Ohio
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The resort was absolutely beautiful. We had a one bedroom villa. The villa was spacious and very clean. They had pretty much anything you would need in the kitchen. However, we did encounter one snag during our stay. I always bring my own bath sheet (one of those huge towels). It was a Ralph Lauren, not new, but not ragged either. On Sunday I hung it on the back of the door in the bedroom that leads to the bathroom. When we returned from our day's activities, my towel was gone. Apparently, the housekeeper took it with the other towels. It was clearly NOT one of their towels. It was a different color and much larger than any of their standard towels. I immediately called the front desk. They told me they would have housekeeping keep an eye out for it. When we checked out on Wednesday morning, my towel had still not been located. I asked the girl at the front desk, DJ, what happens if it's not located and she said nothing. I said are you kidding me and she shrugged her shoulders. So basically, they will not reimburse me for the loss. Really? It's not that the towel was worth $100, because it certainly wasn't. I would expect for me to purchase a replacement towel and send them the receipt. I know this sounds very funny that I'm complaining about a towel, but it's more about the customer service in response to it. Their housekeeper took it. My rating would have been a 5 had it not been for this incident!

5 Thank LJCraw
Thank you for visiting Marriott’s Manor Club at Ford's Colony. While we are happy you enjoyed your stay at the resort, we apologize your towel was misplaced. We would like to learn more about the situation and invite you to contact our Customer Care team at Customer.Care@vacationclub.com or at 800-860-9384. We look forward to speaking with you.
Fort Lee, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I booked this room based on reviews alone. We decided to come down to Williamsburg for a 5 day trip, spending 4 nights here in a one bedroom villa.

The location is perfect, the grounds are really beautiful. From exceptionally friendly staff, a myriad of amenities and more, this place was perfect.

Our villa was pristine. Incredibly clean, spacious, fully stocked with pans and dishes, coffee and more. Laundry machine in the room even came with Tide packets. Not to mention dish soap, diswashing detergent, rolls of handtowels, garbage bags...it is like being in your own home.The bed was so comfortable,we hated to get up in the morning. The in-room jacuzzi tub is an added topping of perfection, not to mention dual vanity areas, which was a big plus for his and hers. The private balcony which is enclosed is perfect for winding down at night also.

There is no doubt that this location is well worth every penny and we will most definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CFS16
Thank you for your five-star review of Marriott's Manor Club at Ford Colony! We are happy to hear you had an excellent four night stay. Our team looks forward to your next trip to Williamsburg!
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This time around we had a much more enjoyable stay with plenty of hot water. We checked in with no delay and immediately headed to our 1 bedroom villa. The accommodations were very nice, good sized kitchen, granite countertops, nice appliances. Plenty of room in the living area for two kids and two adults. We had a gas fireplace and a screened deck to enjoy as well.

Bedroom had a comfortable mattress, jetted tub, separate vanity area for getting ready that was connected to the single bath.

The pull out sofa was a really nice surprise, very very comfortable. Kiddos did not complain at all about sleep and even slept in!

The game room we were looking forward to but found many of the games missing pieces etc. Be aware that pool, air hockey, etc all cost money. My kids still really enjoyed the space and if you have a large group it's a fun place. They were remodeling the "Cellar" so game nights etc. had to be hosted in the lobby which was quite snug. It will be nice when that area is open once more.

Our kids enjoyed the kids night out with two other children, it was reasonably priced and there were three staff members for 4 kids.

Fords Colony is a good jump off point for Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, the outlets, Jamestown Settlement and anything else you want to do.

For breakfast try Duck Donuts, Aromas and Victorias rather than the tourist traps. My kids LOVE the chocolate chip pancakes at Victorias. The coffee is bad there though so get a coffee at The Coffee House in the same shopping center and bring it with you, it's been there since I was in grad school.

At lunch hit the Cheeseshop, make sure you get the sauce on yours and watercress, there is NO lettuce. Pauls deli is also another good lunch/dinner bet, I went there for old times sake. Dog Street Pub is a newer edition we enjoyed, although hubs and I went just the two of us I'd feel comfortable in a booth with kids.

All my recommendations above are places you can take the kids, I'll put a few more on Yelp for dinner.

5 Thank MrsSpike34
Olympic National Park, Washington
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Clean and functional choice, suite has multiple rooms, bathrooms, full kitchen, fireplace. 5 mile drive to historic sites, but really the only choice for families looking for a true suite in williamsburg. No restaurant or grocery store near by, so be prepared to hit the grocery store a few miles up the street. Pretty mellow area and not a lot to do, so be ready to turn in at 8ish.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite is the way to go!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I had the unfortunate luck of staying in Williamsburg during a snow storm. However, Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony was actually a nice place to get stuck!

Checking in was an imbroglio, but the rest of my stay here made up for it. Basically, after getting my key, the receptionist circled the building I was supposed to go to and so I went on my way. The building she circled didn't contain the number of my room, so I drove around a little bit under the impression that maybe I was reading the map wrong. No, this was definitely the building she circled.

I drove back to the front desk and explained the problem. She apologized and circled the correct building this time. Unfortunately, the key she gave me didn't give me access to the building. She admitted that she must have mixed everything up in her head, quickly fixed the key, and gave it back to me. That did the trick.

I was very impressed with the room. For an affordable price, I had my own microwave, fridge, couch, and the typical hotel amenities! Not bad! Upon learning about the impending snow storm, I asked the front desk if I could extend my stay by an extra night. She offered me an extra night at the same affordable price, which I immediately took.

I had a lot of time to get acquainted with my room the next day. I took advantage of the free WiFi, TV (the Vacation Club advertisements are actually pretty entertaining), and the snowy view from my window. They also gave me a booklet with a list of events the hotel was holding, such as movie night ("Gravity" was playing while I was there). It seems like a pretty neat way to meet some other guests.

When I left the following morning, I realized I forgot my jacket in the closet. I called the hotel and talked to Doug, who was VERY helpful in returning my jacket to me. By the time I got home to California a few days later, my coat was already waiting for me. Great service!

I was so impressed with my stay here that I'm interested in trying out other Marriott Vacation Club locations (I've been to the Desert Springs Villas in Palm Desert, CA, which was also a great experience). Definitely recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Zachary G
Thank you for your five-star review Zachary! We look forward to your next stay at one of the many Marriott Vacation Club resorts!