“Great!!!!”

Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony
Ranked #3 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The rooms are incredibly spacious. Beds are super comfy. Working fireplace. Great kitchen with granite countertops. Great bathrooms. Seems like the kitchen and bathrooms were very recently renovated. The shower in the master is a generous size. Full size washer and dryer!! This is such a rarity! It's going to be nice to actually have things dry in one cycle instead of three cycles in the stackable dryers. The furniture is a little weird, the big couch is not comfortable, but they have plans to remodel these rooms. The plans are near the check-in and it seems like the décor will be a little more modern. Looks appealing. This condo was in our network for a week swap. We are very pleased with this choice! Staff is friendly. Like other Marriott places, there are activities for the kids. Only wish it had a zero-entry pool, but the large splash pad is really nice. For better views, you need to ask for the condos on the other side of the check-in (Jamestown, Colonial or Federal)- otherwise you'll just be looking at the parking lot.

Room Tip: For better views, you need to ask for the condos on the other side of the check-in (Jamestown, Colon...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,461)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We recently returned from a visit to this resort. I requested and was given third floor accommodations overlooking the beautifully landscaped grounds. We were in the Jefferson Building. I believe this may be the older section. We had a two bedroom two bath with well equipped kitchen with granite counter tops, large dining table and living room room with flat screen tv. Living room furniture was not that comfy. My sister was in a one bedroom and her villa had stainless steel appliances as it had been recently updated. The beds were very comfortable. There were only 4 condos on our floor and we were the only occupants on the whole floor. Needless to say, it was very quiet. We arrived very early at 1130 am. Check in is 4 pm. Front desk personnel were very friendly and accommodating and gave us an access key to the pool while we waited for my sister to arrive. They had our villa ready at 1:30 and allowed us to check in. Check in went very smoothly. At check in they gave us a list of activities during our stay. One activity was a complimentary wine and cheese gathering for all guests of age. Others included children's activities. We used the larger swimming pool near my sister's villa which the kids loved. There was a small grill there that served lunch items and mixed drinks. We found everyone at the property to be friendly and the villas were very clean. We visited Busch Gardens, Yorktown, downtown Williamsburg and Jamestown settlement. We found all of these places a very convenient 15 to 20 minute drive away. Getting around was easy and many restaurants were nearby. The resort does not have a restaurant but has a small marketplace where you can get a few things and breakfast and lunch items. Coffee was provided in the villa.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite building we stayed in only had 4 villas on our 3 rd floor in Jefferson Building. Par...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I just found this site, or I would've written sooner, my memory for names of the buildings is gone. We have stayed here, I believe, 5 times all in either Sept or Oct. With the exception of last year we always stayed in the newer section. We had a problem with the high beds when an elderly person was with us and couldn't get in and out of bed and ended up needing to sleep on the couch which wasn't comfortable for her. Just a suggestion, have 1 bed be regular height, just in case you have someone elderly or disabled, maybe they usually don't go on vacation, but they should be able to. Other than that, the new area gets 5 stars.

We now need use of handicapped parking and the last time we stayed there we noticed there were only 2 spaces for that big building. As we arrived another family also was. They pulled in to both spaces and unloaded their cars. One of their cars never left the space the whole week. They all took one car when they left, we saw them everyday. I even asked them if they wouldn't mind moving their car to a space so that people walking and needing the space after a long day could use it. It would be very kind if they would do so. (There was at least 1 other h/c car that week) I was told, "No, the space is for anyone with h/c tags". I asked at the desk if there was anything that could be done and was told no there also. So, we 2 people with disabilities ended up either cutting the day short or parking further and walking. This isn't the resort, it's selfish people. But it would be nice for the resort to have more than 2 spaces per unit.

So last year, I mentioned this when we made our plans. Because of the parking situation, I asked if they might have any suggestions. We were put in the older area back to the left. The person told me not a lot of people go there and there is always a lot of parking. We arrived and there was no h/c parking, but yes the parking lot was empty. There was a reason... The unit was old. That was ok, we've stayed in older ones before, but really not Williamsburg standards. As we pushed the cart with our luggage into the building we found it wouldn't fit over the lip at the doorway into the building (we didn't know until it was too late) and our luggage and belongings fell off all over the ground. Over the week we watched as it happened to person after person. I mentioned it to a staff who said, "Yea, it's been like that for as long as I've been here". This is such an easy fix. I tried to warn people, and I did see one poor man cry out in pain. My husband said he said something at checkout but they seemed to ignore him. Back to parking, there was no handicapped parking in this area and again, we dealt with selfish people. There was a family that we saw every day and nodded to. I use a cane, so it's obvious that I have a "problem" We parked close every chance we got. But, this family brought 2 vehicles. When they arrived back first, they would use up the first 4 parking spaces with their 2 cars, I guess so that no one would hit them. (If you are going to do something like that, please park further away.) You always have people driving around there, it would be nice if something was said to people who do things like this. And a really nice courtesy for people with disabilities, especially since I asked for something and was put there for this reason. But I guess no one else ever complains.

Inside the unit, the master bath had a tight shower that just didn't look clean, and the shower head had a very light water stream, took forever to rinse out my thick hair. So the next time I showered in the other tub. When I turned on the water, the faucet came off in my hand. Also, the bathroom door opens in and it's almost impossible to close it while inside.

The TV reception in the living room didn't work so we could only watch in the bedroom.

The kitchen was beautiful. The bed wasn't too bad. If we have to stay in the older section, we wont go back. We will have to rethink it now that we have a van with a motorized scooter and need the h/c parking and the regular parking is too small. We now know we can rely on people being selfish and the resort not helping.

Room Tip: ask for the new buildings
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Molly35135
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations during your stay in Williamsburg. We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the handicap parking spaces and will share your suggestions with our management team at the resort. As for the condition of your villa, your comments regarding the height of your bed and the cleanliness of your bathroom has been noted and will be shared with the appropriate managers. Thank you for staying at Marriott's Manor Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The staff at this property were very friendly, helpful and professional. The property itself is very nice overall. The rooms had some quirks. For example, our bathroom door opens into the closet door. Seems like the rooms could be better planned given that the property overall is top notch. One tip is to be sure to check the calendar of events. One night they had a Ben Franklin actor who gave his life story in character. It was quite a treat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom villa here for four nights and had a great experience. It was very comfortable for the two of us and had everything we needed. We didn't really do any cooking, but it was convenient to have the refrigerator and microwave for restaurant leftovers. We were able to eat breakfast in the villa and get an early start in historic Williamsburg, rather than search for a restaurant each morning. At first I thought it might be little too far from the historic area, but it was a short (12-15 minute) drive and well worth it. The grounds were beautiful and our villa was quiet for the most part. The last night a family with young children stayed next door and they did make quite a bit of noise, but the kids must have gone to bed fairly early! Unfortunately, we were so busy that we didn't really get to take advantage of the amenities such as the pools, restaurants, or bike rentals. I especially appreciated the special rates being offered this spring for Marriott club members (30% off Sunday through Thursday), so this was very economical for us - and one of the nicest places we've stayed. We travel quite a bit and I would definitely consider returning to this property. It was clean, well-stocked, even a washer and dryer which would be convenient, especially if traveling with young children.

Room Tip: I always try to get a unit on the top floor away from the elevator. Less noise above and also in th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Beautiful place. We had a huge two bedroom condo with a screened porch. Wooded area. Very quiet. The pools are clean and well-maintained. The staff is extremely helpful. You will definitely need a car. Marriott needs to offer shuttle service to and from the Williamsburg visitor center and other nearby attractions.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Currently visiting with family of four, and impressed to the point that we decided to write review while fresh in our minds.

Having two small children, amenities are perfect, three pools, splash park, kids activity room and bike rental.

Great alaccommodation for the parents....staying in two bedroom villa with jacuzzi, washer/dryer, fireplace, screened-in porch, full service kitchen including Tupperware. Everything is spotless and they attend to the smallest details including dish soap, laundry detergent and everything in between. Would stay nowhere else if returning to the area, and already planning to check out other Marriott properties to plan our next family trip.

• Stayed: May 2014