We checked into the hotel and we had a small issue. Our two bedroom suite, shower had mold inside all on the ceiling and the bathroom door was stuck it wouldn't close.We didn't feel comfortable so we called the front desk. They immediately sent someone down to our room that said we could not stay in that room that they would have to do room maintenance on the door and would have to take care of the mold issue. We had just got all of our bags settled (sigh) and although it was a major hassle to move they jumped thru hoops to help us move, and were very apologetic about the problem and upgraded us to a better room with a beautiful view much nicer view than the first room! They also sent 2 staff members to our room to help us move all of our stuff, they couldn't have been any nicer and they were very apologetic about the issue and kept repeating that they would "take care of us".
That was my only complaint was the first room was not checked thoroughly by staff. The room they moved us to was perfect! Beautiful decor and cozy fireplace, with screened patio and kitchen with granite, bathrooms with granite and roman tub. We stayed 4 days and had a great time! I wish we would have taken more advantage of the activities on the grounds but we were busy touring Williamsburg. There is loads of activities for the kids, each day they are doing something for the kids. Tennis, croquet, chess, pool games, movies etc... ,
The only drawback was that its in the woods per say, which is beautiful and there are lots of bugs and crickets etc... making a lot of noise at night so you would not want to sleep with the doors or windows opened because theres alot of nature making noise! But its beautiful!
The place was very clean, the beds were comfy, there is a safe in the closet which is helpful, we had a party of 6 and the little one was able to sleep on the window seat and loved it as his own little personal bed ! The atmosphere is upscale and is a 10 minute drive from Colonial Williamsburg. After seeing all the other hotels along the way, we made the right choice with this Marriott. There aren't any other upscale hotels in the area and this one you can stay with confidence. We would definitely come back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Villas set in Ford's Colony community; minutes away from Williamsburg, Busch Gardens & Water County USA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Manor Club At Ford`s Colony Hotel Williamsburg
- Marriotts Manor Hotel
- Marriott Vacation Club Williamsburg
- Marriott Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Marriott
- Marriotts Manor Club Fords Colony