I stayed here last week with my famiily during our visit to Williamsburg. I have to say I was a little nervous because of a lack of reviews, but the place was so cheap (we got the suite) that it was right in my price range. But once we pulled up, the hotel looked nice enough and it was in the perfect location. Right on the main street with loads of restaurants, across the street from mini golf, etc. etc. etc.
The hotel itself was nice enough from the outside. Most of the hotels on this part of the ride seemed pretty nice from the outside though. Like I said earlier we got the suite and it was so nice when it came to size. It was like having 2 rooms... but it only cost us $40 more for 2 nights. We had a mini fridge and a microwave (unfortunately we didnt end up using them, but I'd imagine that would be a nice advantage).
We had 2 bathrooms, which came in handy seeing as there were 3 women in the room. But one of the bathrooms was a little dirty, leaking water from the tub and just looked a little worn down... But the other one was fine.
The biggest complaint from my family were the beds, it was like sleeping on cardboard. There was only 2 pillows on each bed.. they gave me some trouble about requesting more than 1 towel per person... so I didn't bother asking for the pillows so I'm not sure if they would have brought us more pillows or not.
But for the price we paid, I didn't feel ripped off. There are no thrills, know that, but if you're looking for a good value and don't plan on spending too much time in your room than this is a great value for you.
Oh Also, I was there last week during the wild fire that was near by. The room did smell like fire (after we opened the door), but that was not their fault at all. The entire area smelled like a campfire... thank goodness it started raining.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Brick Motel Centrally located in Williamsburg. We have standard 2 queen bed rooms, 2 double bed rooms, single king rooms and our 2 room suites. Our property consists of 2 buildings with 3 floors and an elevator for your convenience. We also have an outdoor pool, volley ball net, picnic tables and a grill for guest use. There are several restaurants within walking distance to us. We are located 2 miles (7 minutes) from Colonial Williamsburg, 13 miles (22 minutes) to Historic Yorktown, 8.3 miles (22 minutes) from Historic Jamestown and the Ferry, 8.2 miles (12 minutes)to Busch Gardens, 7.9 miles(13 minutes) to water country, 2.9 miles(10 minutes) to our Premium Outlet Mall. We look forward to Accommodating you during your visit to Williamsburg, VA ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Inn And Suites Williamsburg Historic Area
- Travelodge Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic Area Hotel Williamsburg
- Travelodge Williamsburg
- Travel Lodge Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Travelodge
- Williamsburg Travel Lodge