We needed a double room or suite last weekend at the very last minute. By the time we planned to travel over Memorial Day weekend, almost everything was full. I was happy to find a double suite available at the Travelodge for our family of 5.
Because the room was only $85 for a double suite (separate living room, bedroom with 2 queen beds, 2 bathrooms, 2 tvs), I was definitely worried about how safe, clean and nice the hotel would be. Honestly, I was very worried that it would be in a bad section of town and/or have bugs.
We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The 3 employees at the front desk were all very nice and helpful and we were checked in quickly. The hotel is in a very nice area with lots of other hotels and restaurants within a couple of miles.
The double suite was apparently once 2 hotel rooms in the past that are now connected through the adjoining wall with double glass doors.The doors can be closed so we were able to put the kids to bed early and stay up to watch tv without disturbing them. Travelodge provided a pack-n-play for our toddler at no cost. It was clean and in good shape.
There is a flat-screen tv in each room (bedroom and living room), bathroom on each side and a microwave and mini-fridge in the living room.
Everything was clean and we were very comfortable while we stayed. It's not a super-fancy hotel, but for the price, we would absolutely recommend it and would definitely stay there again.
(Also, we stayed there while spending time at Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. The Travelodge was only about 5 minutes away.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Brick Motel Centrally located in Williamsburg. We have standard 2 queen bed rooms, 2 double bed rooms, single king rooms and our 2 room suites. Our property consists of 2 buildings with 3 floors and an elevator for your convenience. We also have an outdoor pool, volley ball net, picnic tables and a grill for guest use. There are several restaurants within walking distance to us. We are located 2 miles (7 minutes) from Colonial Williamsburg, 13 miles (22 minutes) to Historic Yorktown, 8.3 miles (22 minutes) from Historic Jamestown and the Ferry, 8.2 miles (12 minutes)to Busch Gardens, 7.9 miles(13 minutes) to water country, 2.9 miles(10 minutes) to our Premium Outlet Mall. We look forward to Accommodating you during your visit to Williamsburg, VA ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic Area Hotel Williamsburg
- Travelodge Inn And Suites Williamsburg Historic Area
- Travelodge Williamsburg
- Travel Lodge Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Travel Lodge
- Williamsburg Travelodge