“Quiet and relaxing stay”

Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area
Ranked #68 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Overall it was an okay stay. When we first arrived, the front desk lady told us the rooms was not ready and to come back in 45 minutes. Once we checked in the room was spacious and in pretty good shape. The shower curtain and tub area could have been cleaner but it wasn't too bad. The front desk did call the room and checked on us to make sure we was satisfied. Gold star for that!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
deedee p, General Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

I am happy to hear your stay with us was a nice stay. We do what we can to make our guest happy. I am however sorry your room was not ready when you arrived. We do what we can to allow guest to check in early. Our callback is part of the Front Desks duties. It insure that any issues there maybe are fixed as quickly as possible. We hope to see you in the future. Please call us when you are ready to return so we may help you with our reservation.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was our first trip and for us we we're on a budget . This hotel was awsome! The only thing I would change would be the could invest in another grill and dvd player.I would stay again .my recommendation though is if you are truly budgeting then stay youll be happy but if you're one of those who just want to complain about the little things then dont. Its not the ritz but the staff was good and friendly and the garbage and beds were made daily . Again thank you again for a great service.

• Stayed: August 2014

I am happy to hear we made your first experience to Williamsburg a memorable one. We do what we can to make our guest happy. We hope to see you in the future. Please call the hotel so we may help you with your reservations.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I reserved a one night stay here and was completely grossed out by the dirty bathroom that still has the last persons hair all over the shower walls. Mildew was in the bathroom. Its dirty in the common areas. This place needs to be demolished. I was too disgusted to go near their free breakfast. Wyndham should be ashamed to have this place under their umbrella. YUCK!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected. We strive to do what we can to make our guest happy. We are more then happy to come and fix any issues a room may have. We would of come and cleaned the room or moved you to another room. Our lobby and common areas are cleaned everyday by everyone on staff. Again I apologize for you stay not being what you thought is would be and will be looking into the issues.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
deedee p, General Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Reviewed 28 July 2014

we had reserved a 5 day stay there and upon check in we were greeted by mildew, chemical smell and dirty body odor infested bedding, I was so sick over night we checked out the following morning ( ruined our entire vacation , so sick returned home ) of course the owners ( The Patel's ) refused to give a refund, currently working with VA Atty General as well as Wyndham International to get a PARTIAL refund, these people are pigs are rude and have no business sense, S T A Y A W A Y !!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected. Unfortunately I can not find a reservation with your name. Please call the hotel so we may find out what name the reservation was in.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I planned a family trip from New York. The hotel kept messing up my reservation and the price kept changing. When i called to complain the day before i was due to check in i kept getting bounced around on the phone & kept getting told to call back. They were very rude and unhelpful to me. Instead of helping me solve my reservation issue they cancelled my reservation and even tried to charge me for a nights stay. Lucky for me i called ahead to check on my reservation or i would of drove down with my family and found out we had no place to stay. I was rudely told by the hotel staff that i would have to find another hotel and they could do nothing for me.

Room Tip: NO rooms here at all