“Good Basic Accomodations”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg
Ranked #56 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed for 2 nights during Independence Day. The hotel itself is very no frills but everything was clean and it didn't feel sketchy. We had a room with 2 double beds which also included a table with 2 chairs, iron and ironing board, microwave and mini fridge, and a bathroom with tub, shower, and 2 sinks. The room was larger than expected.

Overall it was an excellent value for the money. We had no issues with our stay and management was personable in the few times we interacted with them. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a simple inexpensive to stay while in Williamsburg.

1  Thank kenziekinz09

Reviewed 7 July 2013

The suites were very spacious and had 2 doubles beds in one room and a pull out sofa, table & chairs, microwave, fridge in the other room. There were 2 bathrooms. Inside each bathroom was a sink and outside the bathrooms was another sink with coffee maker. We took our 2 teens and there was a sink for each person! This motel is extremely convenient to everything - Colonia Williamsburg was 5 minutes, Busch Gardens was a little further down the highway, maybe 10 - 15. Adjacent to the property is a DQ and Pirate Mini-golf, and across the street (from the rear) is a shopping center with a Kmart (which was extremely convenient for us, because when you trust your teens to pack, inevitably they will forget toothpaste, socks, bandaids), and Peking Restaurant (all you can eat - not all was good, but there was plenty that was good for everyone to fill up, especially the hibachi, mix your own). Across the street in the front was a Hooters (did NOT go there), Cracker Barrel, and some other chain restaurants. The manager was very nice and helpful and we talked to another staff member who was just as nice and just as helpful. As others have said, the carpet and furniture is being replaced and is somewhat worn. Our rooms were freshly painted and clean, bed & pillows comfy. My son slept on the couch without pulling it into a bed and he slept just fine (even with his feet hanging over the end). We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and even though the breakfast had nothing gluten free (waffles, cereal, bagels, pastry), we brought our own cereal and used the milk and drank the juice.

Room Tip: The suites are enormous and give you much needed space when traveling with teens.
1  Thank 5Hogs
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed last night for one night - clean, very nice staff (manager I think?), clean room, clean bathroom, very comfortable bed, and not noisy at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will be my go-to place to stay in Williamsburg from now on.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

After researching with TA I decided to take a chance on this Econolodge. The hotel is definitely being remodeled, with lots of furniture waiting by the dumpster for pickup. That's great, unless you find yourself in an old room-which we did. PROS: priced almost half less than other nearby hotels, staff friendly CONS: dirty/stained/torn carpet, stained beds, sheets too small for bed, bathroom tub/sink stained, slow drain (yuck), a/c control knob broken off, very loud a/c unit that couldn't be controlled due to the broken knob

Even at the lower price point, they shouldn't put guests in that room. Others must be good, TA has great reviews on this property. Check the room before you stay.

But it is next to the Dairy Queen, that made us happy!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank neonargy
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed here for the July 4th holiday and it wasn't clean at all. When we got into our room it smelled like cigarette smoke even though we booked a non-smoking room. I began to look for other hotels immediately, but all were booked up due to the holiday. I had decided to stay here with my family due to the reviews, but upon arrival I knew it wasn't up to the cleanliness I would want for my family. My husband even overheard another guest in the lobby asking for a refund because she said there was no way her family could stay there based on the cleanliness of the room and the smell of smoke. My son accidentally dropped one of his toy cars behind the bed and when my husband pulled the bed out a little to get it for him, you don't even want to know how nasty underneath that bed was. We sprayed the entire room down with 2 cans of Lysol and kept it very cold in there in hopes it would kill the germs. The three pluses were the beds were comfortable,the water pressure was good, and the hotel was in a good location. That is the ONLY reason I am giving it two stars. I will say also that the hotel staff (I only saw 3 of them) seemed friendly. However, we will NOT be staying here again. Sometimes it is worth it to pay a little extra a night.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela D
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed here on July 2, 2013. This hotel is under management according to the sign. The clerk was very nice and I was able to negotiate the same price for a double room for one with a king size bed. I would stay at this hotel again.

1  Thank Anne P
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The hotel was in a perfect location for our 2 night stay as we visited Colonial Williamsburg. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. They are in the process of remodeling, but I do not think our room was completely remodeled yet. Some furniture looked newer, but the dresser was very old. Old style tube television was a big disappointment too. Bathroom area was nice - I loved that there were 2 sinks - one in the bathroom and another outside with sufficient counter space for both. Breakfast left a lot to be desired. We always stay in a hotel that serves breakfast, but I wouldn't even count the couple things that they had as a suitable breakfast. We had to spend money elsewhere that didn't make me happy. Staff was friendly, although when they asked us if we wanted a first or second floor room, I stated first floor. They then informed me no first floor rooms were yet available. We checked in at 3:15 - when we pulled our car around, all the first floor rooms had the windows open and it was clear to see that they were all cleaned and not occupied. In the morning, only a couple of them had the drapes shut, so I was not happy with that. All in all - I would stay here again - rate was less for 2 nights than many hotels quoted for one.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple