“Typical And Expected”

Ranked #47 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Typical And Expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

We generally choose Econo Lodge when we are traveling and simply want a no frills, clean place to stay. And the Williamsburg location was no exception. We were given a warm greeting, a reasonably priced, clean/quiet room. All of the room amenities were aged, but functional. The WI-FI was unusually fast and there was an added perk - a lobby desktop computer and printer. This property was very conveniently located near sever restaurants and a local Goodwill for my wife to go thrifting, as she is a passionate thrifter. This hotel is also very convenient to the local historical sites of Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Vinny R, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
We are happy to hear your kind words on this site.It is nice to know that you have really enjoyed your stay with us..Thanks for letting us know you experience on your two nights stay at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites of williamsburg colonial west.Looking forward to serve you even much better in future. We are also happy to announce finishing our first year. We are so greatful to you all for your kind support.thanks.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chesterfield, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

room was ok.. seemed clean and comfortable..breakfast was ok..location is good..however hotel website says 100% smoke free hotel..not true..people smoking all over the property..hallways,pool area..cig butts everywhere because they dont have ashtrays..I hate smoke and thats one reason we picked this hotel..wont be back...Mgt does not enforce at all

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Vinny R, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
We are very thankful about your honest remarks on trip asvisor.Yes we do inform our every guest about this property being 100% smoke free (non smoking). We don't even have any smoking rooms in our property..But sometimes its hard to prohibit all of them if they are smoking outside the room or in public area like pool etc. We do have signs " smoking prohibited"over those area also..Again we will coninue to implement our hotel no smoking policy much more harder..And hope we can serve you much better at your next trip. We do apologize for your any inconviniences.
looking forward to see you soon.thanks,
Pittsfield, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed 5 nights in a suite and was nicely surprised at the size,it appears to have been two hotel rooms turned into one so there were 2 bathrooms (very nice when traveling with 4 kids!) There was a fridge and microwave and two TV's,lots of room for the little one to run around in at night when we returned.
For an Ecno lodge we thought it was great,no frills but we definitely got our money worth.It was clean,lots of hot water and you could see the new management was trying to better the place up.
If you are picky and looking for frills and extras this is not the place for you,if you are on a budget and/or doing a family trip and want a nice place to stay,this is your hotel!

Cons: there IS a continental breakfast (I didn't go) but my husband and kids said there were good choices BUT you have to stay in the room to eat and some mornings it was packed.I did not understand the big deal about taking a bagel and a banana up to our room,at other hotels the kids have been able to run down,grab some breakfast and eat it in the room.
They charged my card three days before I checked out,..normally we are charged the day we leave.For some thats fine,but for me it was not.
And most important to me as a mom was there were no laundry area,no dryer,no washing machine..

Pros: You have Dairy Queen,K-Mart,Golden Corral and Hooters literally in walking distance.They are right in the middle of everything and only 10 mins away from the parks and other restaurants,stores,sight seeing places,etc.
The staff were friendly and helpful with extra towels,directions,etc.
The pool is great AND they have towels right in the pool area,lights come on at dusk and you can swim until 10 which was awesome after a long day of riding rollercoasters and the kids still have energy to burn off.
Hotel was quiet,did not run into anyone that was not friendly,and the area was quiet as well.
We would definitely use this hotel again when we return to the area.

Room Tip: We were in the back rooms 200 on and away from the front entrance (in a suite) it was a small walk t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mom2my3jks
Statham, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Great location for Jamestown, Williamsburg, Yorktown sites......enjoyed the breakfast of waffles, bagels, cereal, fruit, juices, coffee, tea and pastries,,,,,,had a great pool(could swim laps)......the service was good and rates very reasonable....would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Halifax, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights and have no complaints. It's an Econo Lodge so there are no frills, but everything was clean, the staff were pleasant and accommodating, and the location was great. I thought the beds were very comfortable. The rooms could use a few updates but overall I felt that I got what I paid for. The bathroom was clean but quite small. The pool was nice and clean, although it gets full of rowdy kids in the evening. That seems typical of any hotel pool. The breakfast was minimal, but the waffles we made in their waffle maker were really good. Coffee was not that great but sufficient for my required caffeine dose. Bagels & cream cheese are available. The fruit looked under-ripe and the Danish looked like it had been sitting there all week. We just avoided those things. I would stay here again if I am traveling on a budget, especially considering that we never spend much time in the room other than to sleep.

• Stayed August 2013
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

good service by vinny at check in, people are super picky about many things, the bed was very comfortable and I am a light sleeper, I slept well. I did not get up early enough for breakfast so can not comment. If I get what I pay for and plus then I am happy with my deal. I booked with booking.com and had missunderstanding with the rate but was fixed by booking.com and everything was well. I would stay at econo lodge again. the smallest room was still roomy with microwave, big refig, closet and two large table one to eat and one to work. bathroom was old but clean and house keeping gives plenty of towel if you want them. pool looked clean and fun did not have a chance due to all the activity I did. Need to stay longer then 4days maybe 1wk to enjoy all the extra activity. Great location -walking distance to fun activity as well as ice cream, restaurants or quick drive to all the shopping . bush garden was 15min drive

Room Tip: first floor is better, no elevator walk up to 2nd floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed for three nights with my family on vacation. We don't spend much time at the hotel, just, sleep, breakfast, gone for the day. Then back to swim, and do it all over again.

Beds were comfortable, and breakfast was basic, but could have used a little more variety. Hotel was busy with many families being a vacation destination, and a softball tournament in town the week we were there. So a little noise is to be expected, but it was not enough to bother us and we felt safe. I think the outdoor halls and entrances encourages people be outside and to "hang-out". Nice outdoor pool, and the Dairy Queen next door was a hit with the kids.

This Econo Lodge is a nice value for the price, and less than many properties in the area. As others have noted the new management is trying hard to continue to bring this property around. They address your concerns and work to make you happy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family