“Not fancy but worked just for sleeping” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Parkway / Historic Area

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Econo Lodge Parkway / Historic Area
Ranked #56 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Syracuse, New York
“Not fancy but worked just for sleeping”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Location was great for our family vacation to Williamsburg to visit Busch Gardens and Water Country USA...and the price ($59/nt) was right since we weren't spending time there other than to sleep. I would have been a little more comfortable in something a little nicer, but it was decent for the price. The free breakfast was very basic and could be improved (donuts, cereal, bread for toast, and bananas). Service was good though. We spent one night in VA Beach and changed the day last minute after looking at the weather forecast. They were very accommodating and allowed us to keep same room when we returned back from VA beach the following day. My hubby and kids did use the pool. It was very small, but clean an the kids were fine with it!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank luv2travel070403

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Front Royal, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while on a recent trip to Williamsburg. It was a busy weekend in the summer so many hotels were completely booked and the ones which weren't had raised there prices to take advantage of the busy tourist weekend. I just needed a clean place to sleep, no frills, and found the answer at this Econo Lodge. The owner was very friendly and helpful, my room was clean, decently appointed and fresh. This hotel was an excellent value and I will return the next time I need a room in Williamsburg.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ed R
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We arrived at the Econolodge in Williamsburg after a dismal stay at a horrific hotel in New Jersey and were immediately at ease here. The hotel is very old, and a little outdated, but so very clean and comfortable. The manager (or owner) keeps it in pristine condition and our 3-night stay was very relaxing. My husband and 2 children were quite comfortable here and would recommend it to anybody who wants to visit Williamsburg. Great little hotel + safe, quiet neighborhood + convent location = a wonderful leg to our vacation. Thank you, Econolodge!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Shannon D
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Check in process was smooth. Room provided was small and compact well furnished with fridge and microwave. Though not much moving space it served our purpose . Located close to Williamsburg visitor centre. Wi-fi works great. Great value for money. We were travelling with a 3 month old baby and they provided a crib.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I booked this hotel through Triple A. I knew it wasn't 4 star, but I expected better. After my daughter and I spent long, hot days walking around Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens, we didn't even have the hotel to look forward to. First, there was no shower curtain when we got there. Second, our room was on the ground floor and the rooms don't have sheer curtains. So, although we wanted to open the drapes to get light and a view, it was hard to overcome the need for privacy. Parkway Road was in spittin' distance, people could walk right past our room, and we were also on the parking lot. Third, the shower head sprinkled out water like a watering can. Fourth, there were no blankets on the bed. Fifth, the mildew in the room turned my eyes bright red. Sixth, the owner/managers never stayed at the desk, which was very creepy. The woman at the desk would just retire to a little apartment, I guess. Seventh, the pool...oh, no. Don't plan on your kids swimming in it. A little hole in the parking lot. And eighth, the mattresses were horrible! I could get comfortable at all. I didn't expect 4 stars, but I expected more from Triple A. A youth hostel would have been better!

Room Tip: Well, if you choose a ground floor room (we had no choice where we ended up) you have to open the dr...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Katharine C
Englewood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights. This place is family run we got really nice service. Quiet. Very clean and the pool was great. Breakfast is very simple. This place is not fancy but great quality at a really reasonable price!!!
We have already booked a return stay for August.

• Stayed July 2013
Louisburg, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We headed out to Williamsburg on a short belated Honeymoon /weekend trip. No reservations so We booked our rooms thru expedia.com late Into the evening. We ended up paying $173.00 for two nights, we arrived very late into the night, first look, it looked very clean and up kept. But as we were getting ready to lie down. I found a bedbug, never seeing one before I looked it up on the internet , we quickly put our bags back into our car, not wanting to have them get into our luggage. being it was 1:30 am we decided just to sleep on the other bed. mattress was also very hard, I felt like I was sleeping on the floor. Morning came and my husband woke to find a bug on him. I was not a happy camper! quickly showered and got out of there. Throwing my pillow in the trash on the way out. we took both of the bugs to the manager , she seemed truly surprised. she was very nice. being we had booked thru expedia she said she could not refund us. She offered to have us another room by the time we got back that night. knowing other hotels could also have them, we accepted a new room. returned to a room with a King bed, left all our belongings in the car. turned back the sheet, and found a bug, but it was so tiny I could not tell what it was. went to sleep, woke up to no air! Lights out. transformer had blown. Lights back on, got a shower and got out of there. I didn't either bother to tell her that room had bugs also. Needless to say we still haven't really had a Honeymoon! I would like to add that even the cleanest Hotels and the most expensive can have bedbug problems. I've just never seen them before!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple