“Comfort Inn on Bypass Rd. Williamsburg, VA”

Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area
Ranked #44 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Awesome. Very new and modern. Nice staff, great pool and very, very clean. Sits behind Golden Coral but you have to check out UNO pizza across the street. Very good and different Chircago pizza. Rates less than others in area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Joan A
GM706, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Joan A,
Thank you for the kind words. We are glad were able to provide a dependable accommodation while visiting Williamsburg. Looking forward for your next visit.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

several of us stayed at this motel last weekend- beds are very comfortable and the people working there are nice. Easy access in/out of location. Plan to stay there again
would have liked to have a small refrigerator in the room

Room Tip: nice room- quite and good location
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Demonette
GM706, Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your willingness to share your recent experienced while staying at Comfort Inn Historic Area.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I spent 3 nites here over Mother's day weekend and college grad weekend. Place was busy but still clean and the staff could not be nicer. Breakfast was typical for a Comfort Inn - good, filling and plentiful. Room was quite comfortable with excellent beds, tv and internet connections. My only complaint would be that the indoor hot tub is desperately in need of upgrading and repair - the jets all were aimed up instead of across and could not be adjusted. Location is perfect for any tourist activity. I would definitely return if I were to be in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank bevala
GM706, Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

On behalf of our entire staff I would like to Thank You for staying with us. We are glad your stay was up to your expectations. Comfort Inn team members strive to provide complete guest satisfaction to each and every guest.
We hope to see you on your next visit to Williamsburg.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel because it seemed that every other place we called had no more rooms available. I was a little worried because I saw a review where someone had found a roach in their room. The hotel lobby was nice and the staff was friendly. We got a room on the outside (motel style) and it was just average. Door took some hard pushing/ pulling to open and close and I didn't like the sink on the outside and the shower temperature kept changing from hot to lukewarm. The beds, pillows and comforter were nice. I slept well. The pool was just OK. I think they need some serious ventilation in there because if you look up you can see mold in the light covers. The pool tile got super wet and VERY slippery. Be very careful. The breakfast in the morning was a nice bonus, but beware...it can get VERY crowded and hectic. overall we had a decent stay here. Not sure if I would come back. I think I'd try something else a little nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inside, as there are two levels of outside rooms (motel style).
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank emmam731
GM706, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear emmam731
I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is my go-to hotel when my regular is booked. This is a lovely historic property that is well maintained and has a great indoor pool/hot tub/sauna! I've never had the chance to come in warmer months to experience the outdoor pool, but it looks lovely as well. The inside rooms have a very warm historic feel, although the exterior rooms could use some updates (more of a motel 6 feel). The indoor pool is usually maintained at a comfortable temperature and I love the sauna. Breakfast is the standard fare, it hits the spot. There is coffee available past the front desk in the main building all day, along with tea. This hotel is very reasonably priced and a good value.

Room Tip: Try to get a room inside the hotel if you can to avoid any potential road noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Melissa J
GM706, Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Melissa J,
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Looking forward to your next visit

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great! We thought te indoor pool was heated, but wasn't. The remote for the tv in the room maybe needed new batteries. We really enjoyed out stay in williamsburg at the comfort inn historic area.

Room Tip: TV was hard to turn on. Maybe new batteries or remote.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Leigh C
GM706, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

We value each and every guest's opinion. Looking forward to welcome you back to the Comfort Inn Historic Area.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I travelled with my track team for an invitational at Wm and Mary. Great location and close to shopping and a great selection of restaurants for meals. I especially like the breakfast selection at the hotel. After looking over the selection we cancelled our plans to go out for breakfast and decided to eat at the hotel because of selection...there was something for everyone on the team no matter how picky...staff very helpful going the extra mile when we had a special request that they gave an excellent suggestion which we really appreciated

Room Tip: room on the back side seem to be very quiet and not much traffic..perfect for our team
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Curtis C
GM706, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Curtis,
to receive your kind words of praise
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.