“The Mercedes Gold of Comfort Inns”

Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area
Ranked #44 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“The Mercedes Gold of Comfort Inns”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This really has to be the best Comfort Inn in their entire chain. Rooms include upscale amenities like bedside reading lights and choices of pillow types. This was much more a genuine hotel than the "usual" Comfort Inn motel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank David R
GM706, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear David R,
to receive your kind words of praise
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Calabash, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for three nights while playing golf in the area. The room was clean, but did not contain a refrigerator. It would have been nice to have a refrigerator. The hotel provides breakfast (which was adequate). It also has an indoor pool with a hot tub and an outdoor pool. Our stay was fine, but I did hear others complaining about water temperatures in their room. We were close to the golf courses we were playing and it was very close to the historic area of town. I would stay her again in the future, knowing it was clean and had good basic features.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bevibbott
Dear Bevibbott,
Thank you for staying with us and your willingness to share your recent experience at our hotel.
We would like to welcome you back on your next trip to Williamsburg.
Have a great day!!!
West Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Room was very small, the toilet leaked in the back so we had to put towels behind it. Also there was a big gap at the bottom corner of the door so we had to put a towel there so nothing would crawl in. Room was clean. Not sure if I would stay there again. I guess maybe if there was nothing else better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear WV71,
I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We appreciate your business. Please be assure that your concerns had been addressed.
Please accept my sincere apology .
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Awesome. Very new and modern. Nice staff, great pool and very, very clean. Sits behind Golden Coral but you have to check out UNO pizza across the street. Very good and different Chircago pizza. Rates less than others in area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Joan A
Dear Joan A,
Thank you for the kind words. We are glad were able to provide a dependable accommodation while visiting Williamsburg. Looking forward for your next visit.
Forest, Va
Reviewed 25 May 2014

several of us stayed at this motel last weekend- beds are very comfortable and the people working there are nice. Easy access in/out of location. Plan to stay there again
would have liked to have a small refrigerator in the room

Room Tip: nice room- quite and good location
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Demonette
GM706, Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your willingness to share your recent experienced while staying at Comfort Inn Historic Area.
We value each and every guest's opinion. Looking forward to welcome you back to the Comfort Inn Historic Area
Haines City, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I spent 3 nites here over Mother's day weekend and college grad weekend. Place was busy but still clean and the staff could not be nicer. Breakfast was typical for a Comfort Inn - good, filling and plentiful. Room was quite comfortable with excellent beds, tv and internet connections. My only complaint would be that the indoor hot tub is desperately in need of upgrading and repair - the jets all were aimed up instead of across and could not be adjusted. Location is perfect for any tourist activity. I would definitely return if I were to be in the area again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank bevala
GM706, Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
On behalf of our entire staff I would like to Thank You for staying with us. We are glad your stay was up to your expectations. Comfort Inn team members strive to provide complete guest satisfaction to each and every guest.
We hope to see you on your next visit to Williamsburg.
Quantico, Virginia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel because it seemed that every other place we called had no more rooms available. I was a little worried because I saw a review where someone had found a roach in their room. The hotel lobby was nice and the staff was friendly. We got a room on the outside (motel style) and it was just average. Door took some hard pushing/ pulling to open and close and I didn't like the sink on the outside and the shower temperature kept changing from hot to lukewarm. The beds, pillows and comforter were nice. I slept well. The pool was just OK. I think they need some serious ventilation in there because if you look up you can see mold in the light covers. The pool tile got super wet and VERY slippery. Be very careful. The breakfast in the morning was a nice bonus, but beware...it can get VERY crowded and hectic. overall we had a decent stay here. Not sure if I would come back. I think I'd try something else a little nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inside, as there are two levels of outside rooms (motel style).
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank emmam731
GM706, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear emmam731
I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve.