“It's what you would expect for this price”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #57 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We planned a very impromptu trip to Williamsburg and couldn't find any other hotels with vacancies that were in our budget so I read some reviews and chose this Quality Inn. Overall, this is a two star hotel at best.

After being put in a smoking room with non-working air conditioning I asked to be moved and we were, which made it much better.

The room in general was lightly cleaned but the balcony had trash on it and the balcony door did not lock. This hotel is pet friendly so there were loud barking dogs nearly everywhere and doors in our room appeared chewed.

The free hot breakfast isn't worth it - and trust me we will eat whatever with very little complaint. The staff restocking the foods were touching it without gloves and many of the tables looked like they were never wiped down.

The exterior of the place is filthy as is the pool and elevators. There is an apartment building of students behind the hotel who venture over for breakfast and use of the pool. We noticed it every day - not sure if this is supposed to happen or not.

If you're looking for a budget friendly place, you can manage here but arrive with very little expectations. Otherwise, book early and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014
Georgia S, Director of Operations at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2014

Dear Savannah S.,
Thank you so much for bringing your concerns about your stay to our attention. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need repair. Every item has been reported for repair or improvement. We are also very well know for our high standard of breakfast and take great pride in the food we provide our guests. I apologize for the issues you experienced and have addressed these as well. We will take all the steps necessary to improve our facility and services.

Again, my sincere apologies for the condition of the room and thank you for sharing your experience with us so that we may improve our services. This hotel and its staff take great pride in delivering a high level of service to our guests and will continue to do everything in our power to meet expectations.

I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back to our improved hotel.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Safe, clean, and affordable. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet was worth the time. (Pancakes, sausage, eggs, etc) Close to the outlets, bush gardens, and colonial Williamsburg. Great Mexican restaurant beside the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
Georgia S, Director of Operations at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Brooke S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all your wonderful comments about our stay. I will make sure to pass along all your comments; our staff appreciates when their hard work is noticed. Getting your day started with our good breakfast seems the way-to-go, keeping your day on the move at the outlets, Bush Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg. We are also excited about the changes we will be doing in the near future such as new bedding and flat screen TVs.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to beautiful Williamsburg.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I enjoy staying at the Quality Inn every time we go to Williamsburg. We just stayed there again a few days ago and they have really improved the place. They are in the process of renovating the rooms. The room we stayed in has been renovated, they are still waiting for the flat screens that will go in every room. The mini suites have a microwave and a small refrigerator, and a sitting area. The place is clean, the people are friendly. The pool is very nice and clean. If you haven't stayed there lately, please try them again, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. It is right across the street from Captain George's Seafood Restaurant which is also convenient. I will give it a 5 star rating after the renovations are done.

Room Tip: The suites on the first floor is where we like to stay. You can walk right out to the pool. It is ve...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear majer91,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your wonderful comments and value your continued support. We have made several upgrades/renovations since your stay in June, so I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised when you return. I am also excited to say that there will be additional in-room improvements (along with the flat screen TV's) by the end of the year.

Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Williamsburg.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is by far the best value in Williamsburg. The rooms are nice and many come w/a microwave and fridge. We really like the friendly staff and how close this hotel is to everything. The 2 restaurants close by makes eating after a long day convenient, we just walked both nights. Their breakfast is also quite good. I am gluten free and so many of the hotels breakfasts are just carbs. This breakfast has plenty of choices. We will def. stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade at the front desk.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lrk04

Dear Lrk04,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear we have provided the best and convenient amenities in our rooms. We also appreciate your kind words about the nice rooms, friendly staff and good breakfast. We take great pride in making each guests experience a memorable one. I am glad you were able to experience that level of service during your stay.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Williamsburg.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites on Richmond Rd during my vacation in Williamsburg. The room was in good condition and the staff very friendly . plenty of parking and good location. You can get anywhere in Williamsburg in 15 minutes from the hotel. I enjoyed my stay here and ill come again

Room Tip: get a room by the pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank stefan a

Dear stefan a,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope you had a wonderful vacation during your stay in June. We work really hard to provide the best quality and customer service to our guests, and I'm glad to see those efforts paid off during your stay.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Williamsburg.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay there. The people and service was great. Place and room were very clean and neat. Close to shopping and close the historic area. Easy to get around located between everything and quite place to stay. Staff did everything to make sure my stay was enjoyable. I will be back again. Thanks to the staff for being so kind and polite.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Jp6969,
Thank you for your nice comments in regards to your stay with us in June. Our entire staff works very hard to ensure that every guests stay is a great one. I have passed along this information to everyone.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Williamsburg.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My family and I rented a suite at this hotel for a short weekend trip to Busch Gardens. We found no issues with the room and all was well with the other amenities the hotel offered; ie: complimentary breakfast, pool, internet, etc. We feel this hotel is a fair value for the price and would definitely comsider a repeat stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jmf_davis
Georgia S, Director of Operations at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2014

Dear jmf_davis,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments and hope your trip to Busch Gardens was enjoyable. I am also glad to hear you would stay with us again. Williamsburg has lots to offer throughout the year.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Williamsburg.