Quality Inn & Suites
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
US$111
Official Website
US$100
US$77
  • Pool
Rodeway Inn & Suites(Williamsburg)
US$69
US$67
Good 3.5/5
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$125
Kingsmill Resort(Williamsburg)
US$245
US$234
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsroom was cleancaptain george's seafoodsausage gravy biscuitshotel exceeded my expectationsdonutsupon entering the roomwonderful weekendsmall refrigeratorbusiness triprooms are largepremium outletsan older hotelcomplimentary breakfastnice staybusch gardensking roomthe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a tough one. I'm not usually a negative person but this was a tough stay. The "non-smoking" room stunk of cigarette smoke. So much so we went and bough fabreeze. Burn holes we on the comforters. There was no area to hang up any article of clothing, other than the hook on the bathroom door. The blow dryer, clock and TV were non-functioning.
Also as a side note it would have been nice to know a train would roll by three times a night and blow its horn. It was like right out of "My Cousin Vinny!"
Also the apartment complex behind the hotel apparently has access to the pool because they were out on bicycles in and around the pool area after hours and our room was right near that area..it did not lead to feeling very safe, and was very loud.
My best review would be for the breakfast in terms of the food. However upon watching a mom with a young girl at 9:15 ask if the was any more bread available for toast and seeing the employee (with a plate filled for herself) reply "yeah, tomorrow...breakfast is over". The mom stood somewhat stupefied then left. while others were still there eating the employee went over to another employee (who was also eating) and started making fun of the woman after she left. They lost my vote there too.

Room Tip: Insist on higher floors near the front lobby as back lot parking is behind the building and it is a shared lot with apartments in the rear. Not very safe feeling.
1  Thank 5BBoston
Georgia S, Director of Operations at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2014

Dear 5BBoston,
Thank you so much for bringing your concerns to our attention regarding your stay with us in July. I can tell you that we take any comment/complaint very seriously. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences, the room condition or lack of service during your stay. I am saddened to hear your comments about our service during breakfast. We have been through a change of staff in our breakfast area which has provided our guests with better hospitality and customer service.

I am also happy to say that repairs have been made to the room, as well as additional changes such as new bedding and the addition of flat screen TV's by the end of the year.

It is my hope that you would give us another chance and return to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

A last minute trip to Williamsburg was one of the best hotel stays I ever had. We walked in to a beautiful lobby and was greet by a lady who seemed to be the manager. We were checked in by a lady from Trinidad and laughed the entire time. Going to our room was a wonderful surprise. A clean well maintained room with crispy white sheets. The best surprise was Monday morning breakfast. They had homemade French Toast!!!! Wow!!! The breakfast was the best I ever had. This hotel is one of Williamsburg's hidden treasure! We will be back!

Room Tip: Poolside is the best!

Dear Jeannie A,
Thank you so much for your amazing review! I'm happy to hear that you've found us and had a great experience during your trip in July. I have passed on your comments to our staff. Our staff goes out of their way to make each guests experience a memorable one. We also believe that starting your day with a good breakfast is very important. We take great pride in being able to offer a hot breakfast each and every morning.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Williamsburg!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My family and I spent the first week of July in Williamsburg to see Jamestown, go to Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. As such, we were not in our rooms very often. With that said, the rooms were ok. They appeared clean, however they seem to have a problem with bugs-just the little ones and the door to our room was not sealed properly, so that did not help. we did have a mini refrigerator and microwave in the room, which was nice. However, I really cannot say much for housekeeping, as they only serviced the room once in the 5 days we stayed there. The breakfast was a nice addition, but make sure you get there early as they do not restock and tend to run out of food close to the end of breakfast. Also, I noticed on Saturday that the gym must be above the breakfast room as it sounded like the ceiling was going to cave in and I was told someone was working out.

Room Tip: The pool is in the middle (interior) of the hotel, so depending upon whether you wish to hear people swimming at night, may help you make that decision.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Georgia S, Director of Operations at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2014

Dear kbzmsw,
Thank you very much for your review of your stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each stay. Thank you for bringing your concerns about housekeeping to my attention. I do apologize for the inconvenience of your room being cleaned only once during your stay. This has been addressed with our housekeeping staff.

We hope you will visit us again and provide us with the opportunity to turn your experience around.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We planned a very impromptu trip to Williamsburg and couldn't find any other hotels with vacancies that were in our budget so I read some reviews and chose this Quality Inn. Overall, this is a two star hotel at best.

After being put in a smoking room with non-working air conditioning I asked to be moved and we were, which made it much better.

The room in general was lightly cleaned but the balcony had trash on it and the balcony door did not lock. This hotel is pet friendly so there were loud barking dogs nearly everywhere and doors in our room appeared chewed.

The free hot breakfast isn't worth it - and trust me we will eat whatever with very little complaint. The staff restocking the foods were touching it without gloves and many of the tables looked like they were never wiped down.

The exterior of the place is filthy as is the pool and elevators. There is an apartment building of students behind the hotel who venture over for breakfast and use of the pool. We noticed it every day - not sure if this is supposed to happen or not.

If you're looking for a budget friendly place, you can manage here but arrive with very little expectations. Otherwise, book early and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Savannah S.,
Thank you so much for bringing your concerns about your stay to our attention. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need repair. Every item has been reported for repair or improvement. We are also very well know for our high standard of breakfast and take great pride in the food we provide our guests. I apologize for the issues you experienced and have addressed these as well. We will take all the steps necessary to improve our facility and services.

Again, my sincere apologies for the condition of the room and thank you for sharing your experience with us so that we may improve our services. This hotel and its staff take great pride in delivering a high level of service to our guests and will continue to do everything in our power to meet expectations.

I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back to our improved hotel.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Safe, clean, and affordable. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet was worth the time. (Pancakes, sausage, eggs, etc) Close to the outlets, bush gardens, and colonial Williamsburg. Great Mexican restaurant beside the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
Georgia S, Director of Operations at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Brooke S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all your wonderful comments about our stay. I will make sure to pass along all your comments; our staff appreciates when their hard work is noticed. Getting your day started with our good breakfast seems the way-to-go, keeping your day on the move at the outlets, Bush Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg. We are also excited about the changes we will be doing in the near future such as new bedding and flat screen TVs.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to beautiful Williamsburg.