DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Rodeway Inn & Suites(Williamsburg)
Kingsmill Resort(Williamsburg)
Fort Magruder Hotel(Williamsburg)
Bassett Motel(Williamsburg)
1,588 results
All reviewsdouble treebusch gardenswarm cookiesfront deskthe indoor outdoor poolbush gardensbreakfast buffetthe hotel staffconference centerwater countryupon checkbeds were comfortableconventionscarespitchershuttleproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Acceptable but for the nightly price it wasn't worth it. Room was clean but it is very loud. Walls are thin and you can hear people walking down the hall and walking above you as if they were in the room with you

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Although I have stayed at this hotel several times while on business, it may have seen me for the last time. On my most recent visit they were more crowded than usual which may have led to the problems I experienced. My first problem came with their ultra slow wi fi. It did not work at all in the lobby or restaurant/bar. Many other patrons were also complaining. This pales in comparison to my biggest complaint. No hot water.
It usually takes a long time to get hot water in this property, but this time there was none.
Upon checkout the front desk was very matter of fact. Yes we have had several people already calling to complain. No apology at all.

As a diamond honors member my business will go elsewhere.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Refrigerator did not work. Drink got hot before I figured it out. It was replaced quickly. The door to my room would not close by itself. Most hotel room doors close and latch when you let go of them. I did not like the bed covers. Either I have a thick comforter or a sheet. Nothing in between. It is hard to get comfortable. I got almost no sleep the first night. I finally got the room temperature and the bed covers regulated for the second night.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Overall, the staff were kind and very helpful. Assisted with calling cabs, information, etc. The building however was not as clean as it could/should be (i.e., stains all over hall carpets on the third floor). Main entrance was nice and modern but the rooms seemed outdated and not very welcoming. While unpacking upon arrival I found clothing in a drawer left by the previous occupant which did not speak well for the cleanliness of the room. Staff were quick to respond and remove but this should not happen in the first place. The food service in the restaurant was very slow and it took almost an hour for a lunch meal of only chile and fries. The chile had a large piece of plastic wrap cooked in it. The "all you can eat" prime rib buffet was not very good. Meat was cold, potatoes dry (salad bar and desserts were good). One morning I did not receive a wake-up call as requested. If I return to Williamsburg VA in the future I will likely not stay at the Doubletree. I'm sure I can get a better deal at other local hotels if the services/amenities at Doubletree do not significantly change for the better.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel in early April for a conference. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed although the bathrooms were extremely tiny. This hotel also has a great location near lots of restaurants and shops and is only a short drive from the historic area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo