“We enjoyed our stay although much can be improved”

DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg
Ranked #20 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were here for Memorial Day holiday. I would actually give this hotel a 3 ; however the people we dealt with during our 4 night stay made this a four rating. The hotel is very dated. We are Hilton Honors members and were given the 6th floor but I was left thinking if this was the better floor then I am thankful that I wasn't on another or was being an Honors member downgrading us to this particular floor. From what we saw the hotel room was clean but upon walking onto the floor it smelled of cigarette smoke.

Upon arrival Anne was nice and efficient at the front desk. My kids were fighting over a pen and when we went downstairs to ask for another they gave us one and asked if we needed more and handed the kids more pad paper to work with. It was a small matter but the gesture made the kids happy...and mommy too. The servers at breakfast were a delight and friendly. I wish I remembered their names.

The kids enjoyed the pool even after a long day at the amusement parks. The gym was small: some free weights, two treadmills and two ellipticals and a stationary bike. It was disproportionate to the size of the hotel.

We didn't hear any noise from other rooms when we were inside the rooms which was great. but i don't think anyone was in the rooms next to us.

The location of the hotel was very close to Busch Gardens and Water Country. Not even a ten minute drive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank deeninacorc
Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The cookie was the best part of the stay! We had to walk a half mile down the hallway to our room, litteraly! When we arrived at our room there was a room service tray outside the door from the previous guest.(we checked in at 4pm) Upon entering the room their was foam on the floor under the ac unit, which should have been cleaned up by house keeping. Parking lot is not big enough. After coming back from dinner at 930, the tray was still outside of our room! I called down to have them pick it up. The mattress was horrible!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ashley B
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I spent 3 nights at the hotel for a conference. The rooms were very clean and staff was very helpful and friendly. The food and bar are decent. The only proble I noticed is that the carpeting in the hallways near the rooms appeared very dirty. My guess is that they are recovering from school trips. Other than that it was very nice. I always stay in the hotel when I in Williamsburg on business.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nehad S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to share your experience. We are quite proud of our staff and the pride that they take in providing excellent service to all of our valued guests. I am terribly sorry for the condition that you found the hallway carpet in, we do have a program in place to clean all carpets in the hotel on regular basis, however we do experience a heavier traffic flow during this season. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel with a group of 8 friends for a trip to Busch Gardens. The evening we got in, we had dinner at Pitchers. The food was great, but the service was better. Our waitress, Loren T., checked in on us frequently, was very attentive and split our check no problem. We went back with a smaller group on Saturday night and she was just as great and even remembered our names and the split checks! Probably one of the best waitresses I ever had.

The hotel itself was great too. Super close to Busch Gardens and other amenities. Pool was nice and clean. We had a great trip overall!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Roxanne S

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are quite proud of our staff and the pride that they take in providing excellent service to all of our valued guests. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My group loved this hotel. It was close to Busch Gardens (a 5 minute drive). It was clean and comfy. We also loved the pool and the towels that were provided!
Pitchers was a great restaurant in the hotel. We went twice!! The good was great and reasonably priced. The pizza was so delicious and the drinks were nice. Our waitress, Loren, was wonderful. She was nice and provided great service on both of our visits!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jessica P

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experience. We truly thrilled that your group loved the hotel. We are quite proud of our staff and the pride that they take in providing excellent service to all of our valued guests. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Perfect for a conference as all the amenities are in place, but not overpowering, so you can switch between on-site engagement and necessary on line work with ease. Very accommodating staff, informed and pro active to your needs. This is a clean, quiet, mostly modern location with good bedding, nice restaurant, marginal fitness facility and good swimming pools.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rrader
Nehad S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to share you experience. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The gentleman who greeted myself along w/my family was not as people friendly as we expected. he was a bit rude and it was not until I let him know that I was annoyed at how he was explaining the rules and regulations of the Hotel, that's when he changed his tone and became a little more intune with his soft skills. Also, my family was not inpresses about the matter of having to go to the Front Lobby to warm up food. Not having an microwave in the rooms is truly a major inconvenience. Not sure if my family will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela B
Nehad S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

First I would like to Thank you for choosing to stay with The DoubleTree Williamsburg on you recent trip. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay. Our guest’s feedback is very important to us, and we appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention so that we can ensure the Hilton quality and service to you during your stay. I would like to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact me at 757 220 2500.