“Great Stay”

Ranked #16 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Powhatan, United States
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Everyone was great! Everything was clean and the beds were so comfy!! We were traveling with our travel softball team and we all stayed here. Everyone had only nice things to say about the hotel. The service was a little slow but that was to be expected because you had tons of families from the softball tournament there and the hotel was also hosting a prom! But it didn't disturb anyone. The bar/lounge area was jumping and they played great music and there was karaoke. I would definitely stay here again!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nehad S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Sherry F,
Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to share you experience. We are very proud of our staff and what they do to take care of all of our valued guests. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Nehad Sobhy
Director of Rooms Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I made reservations thirty days prior for 2 rooms for a family vacation,upon arriving I was told, I did not have a reservation for that day. I explained that I called reservations and,also the hotel to confirm my reservation prior to my arrival, only after showing my booking confirmation on my Ipad. I was able to get checked in.

I thought after this situation I could relax, but on 6/7 while I was in the shower my wife is calling me FURIOUS, telling me the front desk called and told her we had to check out, and before I could get out of the shower there was someone there, telling her they were there to get the room turned around at this point I was completely PISSED, and could not believe this was going on again, my keys were disabled, and I had to go back to the front desk and sort out this situation. The staff blamed Busch Gardens I would have believed that, if I had not already CONFIRMED my reservation.

The staff I encountered was very FLAT and pretty much gave me the impression wether or not my problem was solved they did not care either way!!! They were not rude but if you are in the hospitality industry you should put your best foot forward ! or in this case your best people
forward !

I was NOT HAPPY, my Family felt HARRASED !!! I have been making this trip to Busch Gardens from New Jersey for the past 4 years with no issue. I normally stay at the Courtyard Marriott ,but it was booked I guess I will be returning to the Courtyard Mariott next year !

Please Note I wrote this review after driving 7 hours back to New Jersey, this will give you an idea how strongly I feel about the Double Tree Hilton and their service.

J. Jones

Room Tip: The room was nice I was on the 5th floor. The laundry was very convenient but the machines were date...
2 Thank R2John
Northern Virginia, Virginia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was in Williamsburg for a business trip. I picked this hotel specifically because I had stayed here several times when it was the Kingsmill Marriott. I always loved its location and amenities. What a difference change of ownership has had on the once fabulous gem. The hotel is tired and in need of a facelift. The property was unkempt. Trash and weeds were prevalent around the property. The pool area needed mowing, hedge trimming and weeding. Birds flew in and out of nooks at the roofline where they have been allowed to nest. I stayed on the third floor and observed that the hallway carpeting was badly stained, and end of hall doors were propped open with rags. The walls were scuffed and stained. The stairwell was dirty and poorly lit. The sheets on my bed had old stains that were not laundered out. Check in was slow.

The pluses were that the bed was comfortable and towels are nice. Also, the staff was able to grant my request to be put in a "quiet" area of the hotel. This hotel is about a mile to Busch Gardens and Water Country and a few miles from Colonial Williamburg. However, I do not intend to stay there again after this visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tilly255
martinsville, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The first room I was assigned (424) had a urine smell. I was promptly assigned another room (429) which was better. Housekeeping was cordial and accommodating as was the front desk. The lobby was quite appealing. However, the rooms don't match the appeal of the lobby floor.

1 Thank Joe G
NYC
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were here for Memorial Day holiday. I would actually give this hotel a 3 ; however the people we dealt with during our 4 night stay made this a four rating. The hotel is very dated. We are Hilton Honors members and were given the 6th floor but I was left thinking if this was the better floor then I am thankful that I wasn't on another or was being an Honors member downgrading us to this particular floor. From what we saw the hotel room was clean but upon walking onto the floor it smelled of cigarette smoke.

Upon arrival Anne was nice and efficient at the front desk. My kids were fighting over a pen and when we went downstairs to ask for another they gave us one and asked if we needed more and handed the kids more pad paper to work with. It was a small matter but the gesture made the kids happy...and mommy too. The servers at breakfast were a delight and friendly. I wish I remembered their names.

The kids enjoyed the pool even after a long day at the amusement parks. The gym was small: some free weights, two treadmills and two ellipticals and a stationary bike. It was disproportionate to the size of the hotel.

We didn't hear any noise from other rooms when we were inside the rooms which was great. but i don't think anyone was in the rooms next to us.

The location of the hotel was very close to Busch Gardens and Water Country. Not even a ten minute drive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank deeninacorc
Girdletree, Maryland
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The cookie was the best part of the stay! We had to walk a half mile down the hallway to our room, litteraly! When we arrived at our room there was a room service tray outside the door from the previous guest.(we checked in at 4pm) Upon entering the room their was foam on the floor under the ac unit, which should have been cleaned up by house keeping. Parking lot is not big enough. After coming back from dinner at 930, the tray was still outside of our room! I called down to have them pick it up. The mattress was horrible!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

3 Thank Ashley B
Williamsburg, VA, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I spent 3 nights at the hotel for a conference. The rooms were very clean and staff was very helpful and friendly. The food and bar are decent. The only proble I noticed is that the carpeting in the hallways near the rooms appeared very dirty. My guess is that they are recovering from school trips. Other than that it was very nice. I always stay in the hotel when I in Williamsburg on business.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nehad S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to share your experience. We are quite proud of our staff and the pride that they take in providing excellent service to all of our valued guests. I am terribly sorry for the condition that you found the hallway carpet in, we do have a program in place to clean all carpets in the hotel on regular basis, however we do experience a heavier traffic flow during this season. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Nehad Sobhy