Homewood Suites Williamsburg
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$210
US$201
Autograph
US$140
US$99
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
US$102
  • Pool
US$110
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$80
Greensprings Vacation Resort(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$245
US$232
Great Wolf Lodge(Williamsburg)
US$202
All reviewstwo bedroom suitewelcome homeevening receptioncomplimentary breakfastbusch gardensmorning breakfastbreakfast staffoatmealfront desk stafflarge familythe breakfast areagreat place to stayfull kitchengreat roomrooms were very cleanconvenient locationindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

When we arrived to our room there was a washcloth left in the shower from the previous guests. The shower was mildewy. I cleaned most of it myself. The kitchenette has been used hard, the cabinets are tired looking, and the silverware drawer doesn't like to close.
The heater in the room makes a loud pulsing noise reminiscent of the warp core on the Enterprise. We finally had to hit the breaker so I could sleep.
The breakfast was not up to par. The scrambled eggs were mediocre, the home fries were cold, the sausage just looked yucky. Hardly any selection at all.
We decided to try the dinner on our last night there. Meatball sandwiches were on the menu. Not too hard to prepare successfully. Sadly, the meatballs and the french fries were cold. I should add that I travel with two sons and a husband who will eat practically anything and even they complained. Finally, the morning of our checkout our key was deactivated by 9 am even though checkout isn't until ten, so we had to walk around the building in the rain to the front entrance after putting our luggage in the car! Really?!
This stay was very disappointing for a Hilton Hotel. We usually stay at Hilton's because I find they're consistently higher quality. I've only stayed in one worse and that was so bad that they refunded our money when we complained. I don't think I would go so far as to ask for my money back, but I wouldn't return or recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank SouthJerseySojourners
Reviewed 31 December 2012

My wife and I have stayed at several Homewood Suites and have always been pleased with the spacious and comfortable accommodations. The suites are well designed and have many of the comforts of home. The staff was particularly friendly and welcomed us by saying “Welcome Home.” The complimentary breakfast was substantial and the breakfast area was clean and well attended by the staff. Best of all, the location was perfect for our visit to Revolutionary City of Williamsburg.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ronald R
HMPHotels, Manager at Homewood Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Dear Ronald R,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your wife. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Williamsburg. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

This hotel is one of my favorite hotels. The staff is quite friendly, greeting each traveler with "Welcome Home." The rooms are updated and modern with a good selection a channels. The bathrooms are spacious and efficiently designed and the pool is clean. The breakfast area is especially well designed, not to mention it serves a great breakfast. Would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear AdmiralPi,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. Thank you for mentioning our amenities. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We hope you and your family enjoyed your stay in Williamsburg. We will pass your comments on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

My husband and I have stayed at many Homewood Suites, and we have always been pleased. However, this one missed the mark for us. We stayed in room 209. The room itself was very nice, and the furnishings were up-to-date. There were a few things in this room that were no up to par. 1) The ice maker did not work in the fridge. The only ice that guests can get is either in the fridge in the guest rooms, or on the lower level, they do not provide ice on each floor. We did retrieve ice from the lower level. 2) The toilet did not flush very well. To be fair, we have the same brand and model of toilet in our home, and we have the same problem. It was still annoying in the hotel. 3) One of the lamps did not work, so the staff provided us with another one. 4) The hotel uses light-saving bulbs, and the room was rather dark. We like well-lit rooms. The light in the bathroom ceiling had a flicker to it. 5) Several of the plug outlets did not work properly. The one in the kitchen was too loose, and when you plug in a product, the plug started coming out of the wall. My husband bent the prongs of the plug on my make-up mirror so that it would stay in. The plug on the wall in the bedroom behind the dresser did not charge my phone, so I discovered it was not charged in the morning. I was able to charge is before we checked out on another outlet. 6) The hotel's AC/heating system is located behind a locked door in the bedroom, and it had a rather loud air-flow system. We decided not to run the heat or AC when we were sleeping, so as to avoid the loudness, which would have prevented us from being able to fall asleep. When I inquired with the front desk about the loudness, I was informed by the electrician that all the rooms have this system, and so they would all be the same. We have never encountered this problem in any other Homewood Suites. We were also told that some rooms had been updated, and that the noise was a little softer. 7) The latch on the entry door got stuck a few times and it was hard to open the door. 8) There was a spot of dried blood on the sheets on the bed, which would have come out if the sheets had been washed before they were put back on the bed. The spot would have looked differently than it did if the sheets had been washed. ~ We voiced all of these complaints to the front desk, and they made sure the the General Manager of the hotel spoke to us. He was very nice and apologized for all of our difficulties. He ended up giving us the room for free due to all of our difficulties. He stated he would make sure the problems were fixed. This hotel has received rave reviews from other guests, so it appears the other rooms were fine. You could take a chance and stay here based on the other reviews.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
SamPWBGHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Thank you for responding on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit to the Homewood Suites Williamsburg. We appreciate you sharing your comments with us regarding the issues you experienced with your overnight accommodations and apologize for any inconvenience that this caused during your visit. I have addressed your concerns with our staff in order to take the necessary actions to improve our service level and be sure that the areas of concern that were mentioned have been corrected. Ms. Davis I truly appreciated the opportunity I had to discuss your experience in further detail with you. If you should ever have any questions or cocnerns please feel free to contact me directly at 757-259-1199

Reviewed 12 December 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Homewood Suites Williamsburg during a conference. This hotel was great! The suites are spacious and have all the comforts of home. The front desk staff was always friendly and courteous. The morning breakfast was a real breakfast too, which was nice to be able to grab before heading to the conference. I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
HMPHotels, Manager at Homewood Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Dear Nymph74,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your feedback. We are so glad that you stayed with us during the conference you attended. We hope you enjoyed your time in Williamsburg. Thank for your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.