This two-bedroom suite was our “base of operations” during our stay in the Williamsburg area. We’ve always had good experiences with Homewood Suites, and this was no exception.
The room was clean and well furnished with a TV in each room and another one in the living area. The employees were very friendly, even the housekeeping staff. The housekeeping people spoke little English, but seemed delighted that I attempted to converse in my fractured Spanish. (One stressed—in Spanish—that she was trying to learn English because “it is important for my job.”) Each day the housekeeping manager either stopped by or called to make sure that our room had been cleaned to our satisfaction.
The hotel offers a free all-you-can-eat breakfast. Scrambled eggs are always on the menu, accompanied by sausage links, corned beef hash, juice, rolls, milk, coffee, etc. The menu varied somewhat each day. As you might guess, this breakfast was very popular, so it tended to be crowded. (There are only 12 tables in the eating area.) There was also an evening food offering, but we never tried it.
If you need Internet access, there is WiFi in the lobby area and wired Internet in the rooms. For high-speed room access, make sure you bring along a network cable for your laptop. The in-room speed is an astonishing 20 Mbytes per second!
There is a small, but well-maintained indoor pool. The laundry room features two washers and dryers ($1.50 for an hour’s worth of dryer time).
We were very pleased with this Homewood Suites. If our family returns to Williamsburg, we will definitely come here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton(R) Williamsburg hotel, a charming hotel located 18 miles from Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport. Enjoy the comforts of home in one of the elegant suites, complete with your own fully equipped kitchen and separate living room. Situated in the center of colonial Williamsburg, the spacious suites make this hotel in Williamsburg, VA a memorable place for an extended stay or short holiday Enjoy the comforts of home at Homewood Suites, where your day begins with a complimentary cooked breakfast. Choose a spacious one- or two-bedroom suite with separate living and sleeping areas. Unwind on comfortable, classic furniture in front of your fireplace. Each suite is large enough for work, study or entertaining, and includes a kitchen with a full-sized refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Relax on a comfortable couch in your living room, and unwind in front of on-demand movies on your 37-inch LCD TV. Stay connected with high-speed WiFi and two telephones with data ports and voicemail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Homewood Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Homewood Suites