“GREAT LOCATION”

Ranked #21 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Londonderry, United States
“GREAT LOCATION”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We loved this Homewood Suites. It was very clean, great location, wonderful, helpful staff. There really is nothing negative to say about the hotel. We would definitely stay here again. We had our young son with us and especially enjoyed the cleanliness of the pool. The breakfast was a nice feature and provided us with a good start to the day. It will be nice to return to this location as our children get older and we have the chance to visit the local tourist sites.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Fort Campbell, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We chose The Homewood Suites because it could accommodate our larger family and we were not disappointed. The facility was clean, staff extremely helpful and food (breakfast and manager's reception) was delicious. We will stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HMPHotels, Manager at Homewood Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Nicole,

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We are so glad that you and your family chose us for your hotel accommodations. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad that you were not disappointed. We strive to provide a great place for everyone to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Mandeville, Louisiana
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed at the Homewood Suites, Williamsburg for two nights while visiting the Williamsburg area. With our family of five, we were immediately impressed when entering the room to find a very large and clean suite room, with the bedroom having two comfortable queen beds and the family room a full size pull out couch. We also found the evening reception great and saved us going out for dinner. The room was clean, the staff was courteous, and the reception and breakfast good, but not as good as a pay for restaurant (but they were included for no added cost). The room price was actually the same as for a regular two queen bed non-suite room at another Hilton network hotel, so the value at the Homewood Suites was really great.

Dear Meyerla,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed the evening reception. Thank you for all of your feedback. We will pass it on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.

Alexandria, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Homewood Suites by Hilton of Williamsburgs VA are definitely on their A-game when it come to customer satisfaction and cleaniness. Customer service in today world in my book is on a all time low "but" if you want to get away, relax and recieve top of the line service, I highly recommend Homewood Suites by Hilton of Williamsburgs VA.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Edwin,

Thank you for telling us about you visit with us. We really value all of your feedback. We are glad that you chose us for your business travels. We are happy to provide you with the great customer service that you needed. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We've stayed at many Hilton properties and are Hilton Honors members. I gave my recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Burlington, NC a rave review about every aspect. I have nothing good to stay about this hotel except that it gave us the room and privacy we needed while traveling with our adult son.

I’ll list the issues and you decide which bothers you the most. They are documented with photos. This is a combined list of issues that Hilton Corporate and local management must address to stay in business at this location. At first, I thought Hilton was to blame for not renovating the property, but there are issues management needs to address as well.

1) Everything needs renovating. Furniture, cabinets, and appliances are all outdated. You can not stick granite countertops on top of cabinets that have layer after layer of varnish and call in renovated. Popcorn ceilings have been out for years and if you spray another layer of popcorn over the old popcorn it is not refreshed. A freezer that does not make ice and a refrigerator that can not even cool bottled water below room temperature are useless.

2) The AC system was extremely noisy and slow to cool the room. We arrived at 8pm and it took 3 hours to cool the room from the 74 degrees it was set at to 71 degrees. It was necessary to cool it to 71 degrees in order to shut it off. There is no way anyone can sleep with the extreme racket it makes while running.

3) The breakfasts that we have enjoyed at other Hampton Inns and Homewood Suites is nothing like this breakfast. The ham, cheese and egg sandwiches were processed and barely warm. I asked for bananas and was told they would be getting a shipment tomorrow. Since we were checking out that morning, I really didn’t care what would be available the next day. The other fruit was canned and unappetizing. All baked goods were stale.

4) The beds were OK, but weren't overly comfortable. Certainly not like the ones at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Burlington, NC and others across the country I have stayed at.

5) Housekeeping needs to step up. There were 2 long black hairs on the ledge of our tub. Everyone in our family has short hair, so I know they were not ours. There is dust along the base of all bathroom and kitchen cabinets. Rust is surrounding the tub fixtures. The metal head board for the bed is separated from the wall or the bed frame. I’m not sure where it is supposed to be anchored, but it is not screwed into anything. There is a gaping hole in the wall that looks like the screw either came from the wall or the screw has come loose fro the bed frame and poked the hole in the wall. When you lean against it, it bangs into the wall awakening your spouse who has already fallen asleep. The list goes on, but I think that is enough to give an overall impression. A picture says a thousand words.

Bottom line, read reviews of other Williamsburg properties and stay there. If you need privacy for 3 adults, find someplace nice and rent two rooms.

4 Thank Melody_Scavo
SamPWBGHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel Melody Scavo. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our property. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

All the Best,
Sam Peraza
Providence Forge, Virginia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

When I arrived at Homewood Suites from Louisiana I parked my car and my battery died. Sam took the time to try and jump my car from his car and after we determined that I needed a new battery he personally drove me to the store to purchase a new one. He personally helped me take the battery out and helped me install a new one. It was the Sunday before Memorial Day and Sam was very busy that day but he managed he handle all the hotel business and take care of my problem. I started my new job in Williamsburg the Tuesday after Memorial Day and Sam really saved the day for me because everything was closed that weekend and the town was full of tourists. If Sam hadn't been there to help the week would have been ruined. Sometimes meeting the right people make all the difference and Homewood Suites is fortunate to have Sam Peraza.
The whole staff at the hotel was exceptionally helpful and went out of their way to always greet me everyday morning and night. I can't help but feel that Sam Peraza has something to do with how well the hotel is run. He deserves an award but all I can do is write you this letter. I hope you will let him know how grateful I am to him.

Dr. John R. Colaluca
Medical Director at the Farley Center at Williamsburg Place

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My family of five stayed here during the half marathon, the staff was extremely courteous and delightful. The room was clean but not perfect. The appliances were a little worn but still clean which is great because my wife is a clean freak. The pool was a little cloudy for our taste but the manager still had the pool guy check it out. The room had double beds in a separate bedroom with TV and doors that close which worked out great for my wife to sleep while the kids watched tv in the living room. Breakfast wasn't the best in the world but had different hot food daily. Plus one of the staff walked around offering apple fritters to anyone while someone else maintained the food areas. The staff allowed us to check out later because of my wife running the race which allowed her to come back and still get some food. Since we did not swim so we needed a place for my daughter to get some energy out, out the back there is a playground within a 3 min walk while passing two ponds with wildlife. Kids loved it. The hotel is minutes from the Williamsburg welcome center so I thought it was a great location. Overall, not perfect but as close as you can get. We will definitely stay again when in town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
HMPHotels, Manager at Homewood Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Chief,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you and your family chose us for your hotel needs. Thank you for telling us you concerns about the hotel. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We will be sure to pass this feedback on to our staff. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.