“Meh, could be better considering price.”

Residence Inn Williamsburg
Ranked #38 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
North Carolina
“Meh, could be better considering price.”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Rooms and public areas could stand a good cleaning. Disappointed that room had broken lamps, lots of dust and dirty floors. Check in staff (Sal) was great but can't say that any other employees ever acknowledged us as guests during our stay. Hotel staff smoking by back door and over flowing public garbage bin didn't help with my impression of this hotel. On a brighter note, breakfast options were wonderful and well stocked each morning. Lots of restaurants walkable from the hotel. I just give them a "meh" because room price and level of cleanliness aren't in sync.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HHMLP-Mgt W, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear FiveDs,
My sincerest apologies that you encountered challanges during your stay. What you experienced is not the normal Marriott standard. Ee take your comments very seriously and use them to improve how we work in our hotels.

Again, please accept my sincerest apologies and if you decide to come back to Williamsburg, please contact me so we can make it up to you...

Kandi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
CT, USA
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My family stayed in a 2 bedroom unit for a week. It was clean and housekeeping came in every day. We had a full range with an oven which allowed us to make a few meals. We were on the 3rd floor facing the basketball courts. One of my daughters goes to bed early so she heard it for a while, but it did stop at a reasonable hour. Mostly the room was quiet and comfortable. The living area was fine for our family of four. It was spring break for many families so the hotel was a bit crowded. Finding a table at breakfast was a challenging. We went up to the room a couple of times. All and all, we had a great stay during our visit in Williamsburg. The staff so friendly. I never stayed in a place were everyone greets you and asks how you are doing. I would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AFRedwood
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have lived in this hotel for the last three months of my house construction. When you live here you get to know some of the staff, mostly the front desk and the food service. The rooms are comfortable, I am in a one bedroom with sitting room, I have an almost full kitchen, don't have an oven, I think they are in the 2 bedroom units but what I have has worked great.

The staff is friendly and most helpful, the few issues I had in my room were fixed quickly. When I have had my room cleaned it was cleaned very well. Krystle left me a few notes about how much she likes my cats and how they help her make the bed. I didn't ask for maid service every day and when I was leaving for the day and house keeping saw me they would ask if I needed anything.

Ann serves breakfast and dinner, she is a very friendly lady and gets to know her guests. When we had a snow storm, that is not normal for Williamsburg, she was cleaning the snow off cars when the guest asked for help. She offered to clean my truck and I thanked her but told her I can do it. James also works in the food area here and at the hotel across the parking lot, he too is nice and helpful.

Sal works the front desk and he also is friendly and helpful.

Because of my stay at this hotel I have booked rooms for 2 future trips at Marriott Hotels.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Iroquois, Ontario
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Just returned from a three night stay at this property. The property is definitely pet friendly...saw lots of dogs but all were well behaved. The housekeeping is very good, so there is no pet smell or evidence of pet hair. The rooms themselves are a bit of a mixed bag. The room is large with nice big windows, but the decor is kind of a mix of old and new. The kitchen cupboards are left over from the previous decor -- kind of an oak treatment that we saw in the 90's although the appliances have been changed to stainless. The bedroom furniture is also partly left over endtables and headboard -- this is mixed with a new modular sofa and a very large kind of modern desk and chair. Overall, the impression is...well, mixed. Different colours of wood and different styles of furniture make it seem like there was a half hearted attempt at modernization that was not fully executed. It's not really modern and fresh but it's not really old and dated either. The excellent housekeeping makes up for a lot and the bed is comfortable. A few other things you might want to consider: a) the property is large and this means a lot of walking down long corridors -- a bit of a pain if you are carrying stuff from your car b) the hotel has a lot of "bus" traffic -- when we were there, the hotel hosted various athletic teams and tour buses which means that there is major bus "idling" noise in the parking lot and this became somewhat annoying as well as being a huge problem for the environment. Overall, we had a nice stay and the location is good but we might consider a newer property next time.

Room Tip: Corner suites definitely seem larger.
Green Features: The bus idling in the parking lot is not friendly -- not for anybody. Residence Inn should not allow this practice!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank seawaykicker30
HHMLP-Mgt W, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Seawaykicker30,
We are always pleased to hear our employees offered our guests wonderful service and we also take into consideration our guests view on our new decor, so thank you. We do hope you'll try us again in the future.

Kandi
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We always enjoy staying at the Williamsburg Residence Inn. The staff is wonderful and the property is always comfortable and clean. We must visit Williamsburg once a month for a vet visit. We are so happy the property is pet friendly. We want our pet to be in a clean and safe setting as well. Mr. Hall is super and i can't imagine staying any where else. If traveling with children you save a bundle by enjoying the nice breakfast that comes with the room. We look forward to being at Residence Inn again very soon.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good in our opinion.
Green Features: The hotel encourages recycling and offers containers for that purpose. They also encourage more than one use for a towel,but will replace each day if that is your preference.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Sandy Springs, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stay in Residence Inns frequently when traveling as a family. On this particular trip, my husband and I brought my parents and our teenage daughter. The two bedroom suite was very roomy and having 2 bathrooms was essential! We use the kitchenette for snacks and drinks and enjoyed the sitting room in the evenings.

The room was an excellent value and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The location was very convenient for enjoying Colonial Williamsburg for a few days.

The only complaint I had was that the pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Upper level is better to block out noise from people entering back door.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tara W
Delaware
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

This is the second year we have stayed here. We were in town for a soccer tournament. We have two teenagers a boy and girl. The space in this hotel allows us to enjoy our stay as a family. Big suites. We had two baths. Great for post game because it causes no bathroom distress. Everyone gets a turn. Great kitchen.
Breakfast is good. Area adequate. Staff had familiar faces which is always a good sign. They are VERY nice and helpful.
Hotel is showing some wear. Although, our room was clean it was not at the standard of last year. The kitchen was sticky everywhere. Microwave, counter, floor. Not awful just a little off putting.
That being said the positives far out way any negative and we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014