I live in the Baltimore/DC area and go to Williamsburg, VA about 2-3 times per year. I have dogs so I need to find a dog friendly hotel. I used to stay at Patrick Henry Inn (when it was Best Western), and that went down hill. Then I stayed at La Quinta and that has gone down hill too. I am glad I finally found a hotel that is nice, in a perfect location and takes dogs. The only thing I have to say is if you don't like dogs, don't stay there. I had some lady give me horrible looks for my dogs (Yorkies and Maltese). Seriously, I do my research to find a dog friendly hotel, if you don't like them then do your research and don't stay at one that takes them! Here are the Pros and Cons:
-location: within walking distance to Chillis and Applebees and other restaurants. Very close to outlet malls and short drive to Colonial Williamsburg.
-dog friendly: they take dogs and even allowed me to bring my 3 small dogs.
-price: its not cheap nor super expensive
-free breakfast: breakfast was pretty good. They had cereal, bagels, english muffins, blueberry muffins, waffles, pancakes, coffee, juice, yogurt, oatmeal. Area to eat is nice.
-spacious rooms: rooms are large and have great amenities. Great if you have kids and for our dogs so we can prepare their food.
-staff: the staff is super friendly and very welcoming. The guy at the front desk always called me by my name when he saw me.
-fee for dogs: they charge a non-refundable $75 dog fee
-furniture-the furniture was kind of older and beat up. The room was not dirty but could've been cleaned better. I doubt that $75 fee for dogs actually goes to cleaning the room.
-price: not cheap but could've been more expensive.
-not Marriott standards-I am a Silver Marriott Rewards member and this is not exactly up to Marriott standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Williamsburg is the premier long-term, pet-friendly hotel in Williamsburg. Located in the heart of Williamsburg on acres of green space, we are adjacent to a local recreation center, park and community walking trail allowing our guest to enjoy the normal pace of life while on business or pleasure. Also within walking distance are numerous restaurants, shopping and local attractions. Our breakfast buffet is offered 7 days a week and includes all the favorites from home made waffles to eggs and bacon. We also have a wonderful social hour Tuesday through Thursday that offers the guest a light dinner or dessert to finish off their day. Our modern accommodations include in-room stainless steel appliances (refrigerators, microwaves, cook tops, ovens and dishwashers), granite countertops in kitchen and bath updated living room furniture, large work station and new bedding. The Residence Inn Williamsburg provides all the comforts of home with the luxury of up-scale accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Residence Inn