“An Ok place that's clean and quiet”

Wyndham Patriots Place
Ranked #31 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Barnsley
“An Ok place that's clean and quiet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We are from the UK and owners at Grand Desert las Vegas.
I didn't expect this place to be any better than some of the other Wyndham's we stayed at, just on par based on the amount of points needed to book here. We stayed in a one bedroom which has a kitchenette. Ok this kitchen wasn't as nice as we'd had before but it was clean and tidy, was stocked with all the basics so it was adequate for our needs. The couch was a little old, but was comfy enough to sit on, and ok the tvs were tube tvs but they were fine.
The bathroom reminded me of a motel bathroom, but again it was clean and tidy and the shower was powerful enough so i was happy.
It's an older, more run down Wynham resort, but it was clean and quiet so we enjoyed ourselves.
It's in a good location and there's lots of parking.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fooby
Janet C, Manager at Wyndham Patriots Place, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Hello Fooby,
Thank you for your honest feedback. We will share this with our team. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are in the process of starting a renovation this fall that will address all of the concerns that you had with our units. We hope you get the opportunity to come back and stay with us again to see the finished product. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
In the spirit of Hospitality!

757-220-5300

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Roxbury, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

The location is great and the grounds are beautiful but the resort is outdated and lacks amenities. The pool is too small and the only other amenity is a small playground. The resort is also not very handicapped friendly. I had requested a handicapped unit about a month before our stay after having achilles tendon surgery. I was told this couldn't be guaranteed and was given a 1st floor unit. The 1st floor units still have stairs going into the building. There is also no handicapped parking for the units. Our unit was clean but the carpet was stained and the outlets were worn out. The staff was friendly and offered to replace the outlets but I did not want to have to stay in the room a whole day while this was done. Also, the beds are very small and the B units could use a pullout sofa. I would most likely not stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Metsgirl10
Hello Metsgirl10,
Thank you for this great feedback about our grounds. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. As our guest we try to make sure any request that you provide to us can be filled it if we have it available. Please let us know if there are opportunities to make your stay better in the future.

Manassas, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I loved the bed as it was extremely comfortable. The location was also excellent. We already realized that this resort would not have the amenities as other resorts, so we were not disappointed by that. The kitchen was well supplied but it would take about 5 min. to get any hot water to clean dishes. How is this environmentally better than the "empty hot water tank" idea. The bathroom was also very nice and clearly had some recent updates to it. LOVED the soaking tub after a long day.

After doing my research I also was aware of the construction debris, and it was a bit of an eyesore. Fencing should have been placed around that area, if nothing else for safety reasons.Sure there are signs not to enter, but anyone could have gone by there. The room itself was really dark with VERY POOR LIGHTING. I realize that they were trying to save energy, but we had to put on ALL the lights in order to just do some reading. The couches could have used some pillows in order to deal with the VERY uncomfortable couch. I didn't mind the small flat screened TV, but it was SO uncomfortable on the couch even when we had our feet on the table. We used the bedroom Sahara Nights pillows for our backs. The room could have been made a little homier as the rooms were very sparsely decorated. I have had hotel rooms more nicely decorated. I would choose a different Wyndam resort in the Williamsburg area, and would have challenges recommending this particular resort. However, I know that Wyndam is a quality establishment.

Room Tip: Stay away from the construction debris area - it could be problematic for some, it wasn't for us...
Green Features: They try to conserve on the lighting and water. They have an empty tank concept for hot water, except I would have to have the water run for about 5 min. in the kitchen to wash dishes. The lighting was also poor and very dim.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kelp13
Janet C, Manager at Wyndham Patriots Place, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello kelp13,

Thank you for this great feedback. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. We are sorry to hear you experienced some difficulties with the sofa during your stay. Again, we really do thank for your comments.

Danbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I went the week of July 4th 2014. I arrived at 10am to see if we were able to check in since I request for early check in and the first floor months before. The girl at the front desk said the room wasn't cleaned yet and should be done in an hour. We were fine with that and came back at 4:30 pm to check in with groceries. The front desk told us that the room was not ready yet and it was still being cleaned. it was already 30 mins passed check in and took another hour to finally check in. some of the groceries had to thrown out due to the high heat. As i spoke with the front desk how we have been waiting all day to check in and we would like some type of refund for the time we waited. They said there was nothing they can do for me. We then walked to the room tired, sweaty, We noticed they gave us the second floor saying there wasn't any first floors even though in the morning the girl said that we will be getting the first floor. After waiting around all day and putting our luggage in the room, we decided to go to Busch Gardens for the rest of the night. As we returned to the room and began to make our beds, there were HUGE ROACHES coming out the holes in walls and the closets and in the kitchen. I immediately called the front desk about it. The women who claimed to be the manager and the only person on the grounds rudely said she couldn't do anything about but switch my room. If there is roaches in that room then they are all over. I walked over to get my new key and switch rooms to the next building. long and behold the room was in the FIRST floor!! It smelled like mold and the Next door neighbors were smoking weed. I then walked over to the front desk and asked if she could come to the room and smell it for herself and see the cloudy hallway. The "Manager" said no, and the security never showed up for work and there is nothing she can do about it but switch my room again!!! I told her to call the police since they are doing drugs on premises. she declined! At this time it was 1am with my fiance, and 3 kids that are all worried about the roaches being in their clothes and now having to move to another room. I told the women we do not feel comfortable or safe at this place and do not want to stay any longer and if there was someway we can be transferred somewhere else. She then answered back " I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE EITHER, I SHOULD BE IN MY BED!!" I couldn't believe she gave me such attitude and gave me that answer! She then repeatedly said there is nothing she can not help me nor do anything but to move me to a different room. this lady did not care about how tired and angry we were but to only care about herself and getting my family to stop her from laying around. I need to find out her name and report her to her boss. to treat paying guest like that was not right and ruined our family vacation. I then called the booking agency and reported the issues and send videos and pictures of the roaches everywhere. That night I had to spend hundreds of dollars to stay in an other hotel with out a kitchen, so all my food had to be thrown away. I was able to get my refund because of the pictures and videos we took but I couldn't get the vacation that we planned or the money for the food or our families wasted time. we had to stay in a small hotel room the whole week since it was the only one available because of the holiday. This incident still bothers me to this day because of the way myself and family were treated like dirt! I will never stay there again! nor don't think I will be back to Williamsburg V.A. It ruined our families whole out look at that location because of that incident and for that "manager" to still be working there after treating us like crap!!. NEVER AGAIN!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
16 Thank KCedeno
Janet C, Manager at Wyndham Patriots Place, responded to this review, 14 September 2014
We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We know this must have presented an extreme inconvenience during your visit. We take the health and comfort of each guest very seriously. Please rest assured that our properties work closely with environmental health professionals to effectively intervene and manage any potential infestations.

Take Care,

757-220-5300

Travellers are raving about these Williamsburg hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

2 unit condo was everything we needed. Plenty of room for the 8 of us. All amenities we needed. Really great that we had 2 kitchens, saved on eating out. Bedrooms could use ceiling fans as it was warm in bedrooms and cool in living rooms. Balcony is something that needs major enlargement. 2 chairs and small side table was all there was room for. Everything is very close to the property. We were very happy with our vacation.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Cbowen76
Janet C, Manager at Wyndham Patriots Place, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hello Cboewen76,

Thank you, for the kind words & thank you for giving us an honest assessment of your vacation! We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We have stayed here several times. What I love is it's tuck back off the road. It's always quiet and although the amenities are limited, we prefer to stay here when it is only adults. They have a outdoor pool that's about it. If we travel with children we do tend to pick a different place to stay with amenities to keep the children occupied. I like the location only minutes away from most attractions in the area. I was especially excited to see the old hotel has been torn down. I wasn't looking forward to seeing the travelers that it would have attracted. Bottom line if you want a quiet peaceful stay close to the attractions this is the place.

Room Tip: This is a time share with studio, 1 and 2 bedroom lock off. All rooms have kitchen facilities. Requ...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Judylivestotravel ,

Thank you, for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. You are correct when you say our resort is perfect for adults! Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Tips:
1. Chose the DELUXE (side a) unit for max comfort.
2. You DO NOT get privileges at neighboring Wyndham resorts as my ad indicated we would.
3. You will be persuaded into buying a timeshare. Read the reviews before being lured in...people feel ripped off and trapped for life after making these impulsive purchases.

Hotel pros:
1. Nice area, close to EVERYTHING!
2. Loved the deluxe apartment ..felt like home away from home.
3. Apartment was IMMACULATE!
4. Full kitchen saved us tons of money!

Hotel cons:
1. Living room furniture old and too uncomfortable to use.
2. Pull out couch gave kids a backache.
3. Full size master bed (just wrong) gave husband and I terrible backaches.
4. Walls are paper thin ...luckily we only had neighbors for 1 day or it would've been unbearable

Other info:
Don't try to buy annual passes to the theme parks if you're a Florida resident. They don't advertise on the website until you go to pay. Our whole trip was planned around the theme parks and we couldn't even go!!!! But on the brighter side the kids LOVED Colonial Williamsburg, jamestown and Yorktown ...so instead of theme park fun they got the best history lesson instead and were still happy! (PS- buy the combo tickets... Don't just do the free stuff...you'll be disappointed)

Room Tip: Pick a side a deluxe room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Janet C, Manager at Wyndham Patriots Place, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hello Ellebee2009,

Thank you for your honest feedback. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort.