“Not one of the best Courtyards”

Courtyard Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area
Ranked #26 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Chester, New Jersey
“Not one of the best Courtyards”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed for two nights during Thanksgiving week. Our room (a suite) was nice, clean, and the bed was comfortable. BUT - the rest of the hotel seemed dingy and tired. The carpets are old, the floor inside the elevator was dirty and looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a while, the doorways were marred. We didn't even venture into the dining area for the free breakfast because we were both a little skeeved. The location is good, close to shopping, restaurants and Colonial Williamsburg. Honestly, we've stayed at other hotels in the area and we found them to be a little run down - maybe look for newer construction?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Eden, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Have had good experienced with Courtyards in the past. This time was no exception. Room was clean, although somewhat cramped for two adults and a five year old. Food @ the bistro was good. Tried it after a long and tiring afternoon at Busch Gardens. Overall, an enjoyable stay.

Stayed November 2013
Amherst, Virginia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Got this hotel on a last minute notion as my wife and I wanted to sneak outta town for the night.
It was located very close to Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg, so it was a perfect location.
The young lady who checked us in was very sweet and helpful...I was VERY impressed at the start. She even let me pick the floor that I wanted. When we opened the door to the room..well, WOW!! It had everything we wanted..fridge, coffer maker and GREAT Wi-Fi! Flat screen tv and a very nice king sized bed with quality linens! Bathroom was soooo clean. Seriously, this was THE cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in..it definitely earned its three star rating. We plan to stay here again. Really unique indoor pool and a nice whirlpool spa,BTW!

Room Tip: we like the ground floor..closer to the pool
1 Thank drdave57
Todd W, General Manager at Courtyard Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear DrDave57 - Thank you for staying with us at the newly renovated Williamsburg Courtyard by Marriott. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in providing an ultra clean and comfortable lodging experience to all of our guests...in fact we are a bit fanatical about it. Ensuring a clean and comfortable lodging experience is what we are all about. It is our mission! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the amenities such as pool and spa. Thank you again for staying with us! We hope to see you in the near future.
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of November to attend a conference located at another facility. Unlike the Conference Hotel which was very busy, this hotel was peaceful and a relaxing place to "come home" to after a long day. The lobby area has been subdivided into several "relax" spaces for a bite to eat, a place to watch the big screen tv, a quiet gathering spot (where I spent some time reading a book) and the business center. It was all incredibly clean and inviting.

The staff were all so pleasant and helpful. The woman who checked me in was meticulous yet friendly and the staff at breakfast were the best yet I have ever encountered. Anthony, Shanise and another wonderful woman (whose name currently escapes me) were so kind and friendly that it was like coming home for breakfast. It is so rare to meet people who actually appear to be enjoying their jobs and, even if they are not, it is clear that they all like working together as a team to serve people. I felt like they couldn't wait to serve me and happily fulfilled any request I made. So refreshing!

The booths in the dining area were really neat too as they each have their own small tv. If my 8-year-old had been with me she would have loved it!

The room was clean and overlooked the pool area with a small balcony. I slept very well the 3 nights I spent there and appreciated the mini-fridge in the room. The channel selection appeared quite good and had a little something for everyone if you are travelling family.

I love that this hotel is literally 2 minutes from Busch Gardens and will be my hotel of choice for Christmas Town. It is also really close to restaurants (both fast food and sit down) and some shopping. The hotel pool also looked very nice but I did not utilize that facility. The only con I can possibly mention is that breakfast is not included in your rate.

I must say, that I am not sure how busy/quiet this hotel would be in the summer but if you are looking for a hotel that has been beautifully renovated to be inviting and is close to most everything you would want to see and do in Williamsburg then this is a great choice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed here for two nights using a Marriott voucher and it was a great choice. The hotel has been recently refurbished and we asked for a quite room. Room 429 is on the top floor at the end of the hall and we would never have known anyone else was staying there in spite of the fact that the hotel was full of sports teams! The room was immaculate and comfortable and was a prefect base for our weekend excursion.It is close to good restaurants and both Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg.

Room Tip: 429 on the fourth floor if you want a quite room away from everybody
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Onionryder - Thank you for staying with us at the newly renovated Williamsburg Courtyard by Marriott. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in providing a clean and comfortable lodging experience to all of our guests...in fact we are a bit fanatical about it. I was glad to see that you had a quiet and refreshing stay with us. It is important to us that our guests feel refreshed and revitalized after their stay. Thank you again for staying with us! We hope to see you in the near future.
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I was in Williamsburg for a conference. Courtyard was far cheaper than the conference hotel but was less than a mile away. The room was more than sufficient for my needs and even had a Juliet balcony looking over the indoor-outdoor pool. As always, the bed was super-comfy and the pillows were great. There was a bistro in the lobby where I ate breakfast each morning. The women behind the counter were so friendly and helpful; it was obvious they loved their jobs. That kind of attitude can make all the difference when starting your day. The only real negative was the bathroom. First, I think the cleaning crew could have done a better job. There was something black that appeared in the toilet during my stay (I don't know what it was and didn't want to look too closely), and it was never cleaned. That was kind of yucky. Also, the first morning when I turned on the shower, unbeknownst to me, the shower head was pointed toward the bathroom floor, which quickly got soaked. It was only a few seconds before realized it, but I still had quite a lot of water to clean up. The cleaning crew should always turn the shower towards the wall once they finish cleaning. If nothing else, that's simple courtesy. In general, though, I enjoyed my stay, and would come back in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear blare246 - Thank you for staying with us at the newly renovated Williamsburg Courtyard by Marriott. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in providing a clean and comfortable lodging experience to all of our guests...in fact we are a bit fanatical about it. I am glad you enjoyed our staff. Most of our team members have been with Marriott close to 20 years or more. Also, all of our beds are brand new as part of our 100% renovation this year. Our Bistro is a reasonably priced option for breakfast and dinner and serves many healthy choices and a few indulgent ones. I am sorry that our housekeeping staff missed something in your room during your stay. I will make sure that they are aware of your issue and work to correct. Once again, thank you again for staying with us! We hope to see you in the near future.
Clifton, Virginia
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This Marriott property is centrally located in Williamsburg on Richmond Road. It's a clean and comfortable hotel, with a great staff who go above and beyond the call of duty to make you feel at home. Check in is a breeze, directions are given to you to your room and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The indoor pool is enormous and they even have a hot tub ! A complimentary breakfast is offered every morning and you can find almost everything you'd have at home to eat. It is our mainstay when we go to Williamsburg. Outlet malls are down the street, there are two movie theatres nearby and loads of restaurants convenient to this Courtyard by Marriott. Again, it always offers me the comforts of home !

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Deb S. - Thank you for staying with us at the newly renovated Williamsburg Courtyard by Marriott. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We do our very best to provide a clean and comfortable lodging experience for all of our guests...thank you for noticing. We are also gald that you enjoyed out indoor/outdoor pool, a favorite of many guests. Also, as with all Courtyard by Marriott hotels, we do have a Bistro which is open for breakfast and dinner and includes Starbucks products and a full bar but not a free complimentary breakfast. Thank you again for staying with us! We hope to see you in the near future.