“Love the 24 hr market!”

Ranked #25 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Roanoke, Virginia
“Love the 24 hr market!”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Sadly, I forgot to put my husband's Tums in the suitcase so we were SO happy their 24 hour market was open and I could get him some Tums (after 10 pm) without having to go to the drug store. The room is clean, quiet and comfortable - not to mention the WiFi is included - which is what we like. They have an indoor pool and spa that we will be using to ease sore muscles during our stay.

The only issue was the room was far from the lobby but close to the elevators (which is what I requested) and we took the wrong elevator up to the second floor and had to walk a long ways to our room. After checking in, it was a breeze to get to our room from our car and vice versa.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
White Oak, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This was a decent hotel I stayed at. It wasn't one of the best, but it was better however. The staff was nice, the prices were good and the room was clean and the balcony was nice to. They have a cool bar and a nice swimming pool as well.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael K
woodbridge,va
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The hotel is less than 5 min from Busch Gardens, straight down Rt. 60. We just returned from a wonderful stay. We found the hotel to be very clean and everything looked newly renovated. The room smelled as if new carpet had been installed and was plenty spacious. The beds were very comfy too. While there, we enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub, they were very warm and also had wheelchair lifts for both the pool and hottub which you rarely see. I noticed there were also several handicapped accessible rooms as well so it looks like it would be a good place to stay for someone who had disabilities. The hotel seems geared towards business professionals and had a lounge area in the lobby where they served quick breakfast selections, Starbucks coffee and had a bar area for evening.There is a small gym thats open 24 hrs with newer cardio equipment and the pool was open from 6 AM to 11 PM so that was convenient. The hotel is located near a business park in a quiet off street location but had many restaurants near it and it was also a straight shot down Rt. 60 to Colonial Williamsburg. Every staff was very friendly and helpful that we encountered.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank suzen06
Chester, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed for two nights during Thanksgiving week. Our room (a suite) was nice, clean, and the bed was comfortable. BUT - the rest of the hotel seemed dingy and tired. The carpets are old, the floor inside the elevator was dirty and looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a while, the doorways were marred. We didn't even venture into the dining area for the free breakfast because we were both a little skeeved. The location is good, close to shopping, restaurants and Colonial Williamsburg. Honestly, we've stayed at other hotels in the area and we found them to be a little run down - maybe look for newer construction?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Eden, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Have had good experienced with Courtyards in the past. This time was no exception. Room was clean, although somewhat cramped for two adults and a five year old. Food @ the bistro was good. Tried it after a long and tiring afternoon at Busch Gardens. Overall, an enjoyable stay.

Stayed November 2013
Amherst, Virginia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Got this hotel on a last minute notion as my wife and I wanted to sneak outta town for the night.
It was located very close to Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg, so it was a perfect location.
The young lady who checked us in was very sweet and helpful...I was VERY impressed at the start. She even let me pick the floor that I wanted. When we opened the door to the room..well, WOW!! It had everything we wanted..fridge, coffer maker and GREAT Wi-Fi! Flat screen tv and a very nice king sized bed with quality linens! Bathroom was soooo clean. Seriously, this was THE cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in..it definitely earned its three star rating. We plan to stay here again. Really unique indoor pool and a nice whirlpool spa,BTW!

Room Tip: we like the ground floor..closer to the pool
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank drdave57
Todd W, General Manager at Courtyard Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear DrDave57 - Thank you for staying with us at the newly renovated Williamsburg Courtyard by Marriott. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in providing an ultra clean and comfortable lodging experience to all of our guests...in fact we are a bit fanatical about it. Ensuring a clean and comfortable lodging experience is what we are all about. It is our mission! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the amenities such as pool and spa. Thank you again for staying with us! We hope to see you in the near future.
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of November to attend a conference located at another facility. Unlike the Conference Hotel which was very busy, this hotel was peaceful and a relaxing place to "come home" to after a long day. The lobby area has been subdivided into several "relax" spaces for a bite to eat, a place to watch the big screen tv, a quiet gathering spot (where I spent some time reading a book) and the business center. It was all incredibly clean and inviting.

The staff were all so pleasant and helpful. The woman who checked me in was meticulous yet friendly and the staff at breakfast were the best yet I have ever encountered. Anthony, Shanise and another wonderful woman (whose name currently escapes me) were so kind and friendly that it was like coming home for breakfast. It is so rare to meet people who actually appear to be enjoying their jobs and, even if they are not, it is clear that they all like working together as a team to serve people. I felt like they couldn't wait to serve me and happily fulfilled any request I made. So refreshing!

The booths in the dining area were really neat too as they each have their own small tv. If my 8-year-old had been with me she would have loved it!

The room was clean and overlooked the pool area with a small balcony. I slept very well the 3 nights I spent there and appreciated the mini-fridge in the room. The channel selection appeared quite good and had a little something for everyone if you are travelling family.

I love that this hotel is literally 2 minutes from Busch Gardens and will be my hotel of choice for Christmas Town. It is also really close to restaurants (both fast food and sit down) and some shopping. The hotel pool also looked very nice but I did not utilize that facility. The only con I can possibly mention is that breakfast is not included in your rate.

I must say, that I am not sure how busy/quiet this hotel would be in the summer but if you are looking for a hotel that has been beautifully renovated to be inviting and is close to most everything you would want to see and do in Williamsburg then this is a great choice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business