The reason I gave this hotel an excellent rating was because you get a good hotel room for a great price. First of all, I called the hotel for a rate and it was cheaper than the 800 number. I was concerned when I read other reviewers that I was going to a dump but I was pleasantly surprised. Their customer service is by far the greatest asset. When we checked in Markita was there and she was so friendly and helpful. We checked in late and she personally checked every floor for an extra roll away bed for us.
The room was dated -- the TV was NOT a flatscreen. But who really cares -- because it worked fine and it was a big screen size. I was happy that it was bolted onto the dresser so it wouldn't fall on my toddler. The room was clean and had no bad or smoky smells. We were on the 2nd floor. The carpet in the hallway and the rooms looked updated. The beds and linens were clean.
There is a train behind the hotel but unless you are an extremely light sleeper it won't bother you. We were closer to the back and usually anything wakes up our toddler but the train didn't. I don't remember hearing it except when we were awake.
The pool was great and they had towels at the pool. The breakfast was fine -- I thought it was big for a continental breakfast -- they had boiled eggs, bagels, donuts, toast, cereal, and all the drinks and condiments (jelly, cream cheese, etc). I actually couldn't find another hotel with an indoor pool and continental breakfast for under $80 in that area -- and our room was $60 - tax included. If you are willing to pay more money - you can definitely get a nicer decorated room at another hotel -- but for the price -- I thought this hotel was fantastic.
When we checked out the ladies at the front desk were very nice too. They were so helpful and I feel like they went out of their way to help people. They let someone behind the desk to use the computer to get mapquest directions and offered to let me use their computer to buy tickets to Busch Gardens. I will definitely stay there again when we go back -- we will actually go back to Williamsburg again soon since we know there's good hotel at a great price there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located near shopping, dining and sightseeing options, the Park Inn by Radisson Williamsburg Historic is a recently refreshed hotel that provides an unbeatable starting point for your next family getaway. History lovers can spend the day at Colonial Williamsburg or Jamestown, and then return to the hotel for a swim in the indoor pool. Need to touch base with the office? Free Wireless High-Speed Internet is available. Each night, guests sleep well in the 122 updated rooms with comfortable bedding and convenient amenities like cable TV and coffeemakers. • Enjoy shopping at the Williamsburg Premium Outlets, less than two miles away. • Stay connected with in-room Free Wireless High-Speed Internet. • Walk to nearby restaurants like The Old Mill Pancake House, The Fireside Chophouse. • Kids love the indoor pool, which allows for swimming year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Williamsburg Historic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Central Hotel Williamsburg
- Comfort Inn Williamsburg
- Comfort Inn Central Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Comfort Inn