Park Inn by Radisson Williamsburg Historic
US$201
Autograph
US$140
US$99
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
US$105
US$102
  • Pool
US$110
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$80
Greensprings Vacation Resort(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$241
US$232
Great Wolf Lodge(Williamsburg)
US$202
All reviewscomfort innindoor poolroom was cleanyogurtlight sleeperbusch gardensstay there againfront desk staffdonutshot breakfastnice stayconvenient locationvirginia beachspring breakattractionsrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We just got back from this hotel. I paid a ridiculously low rate for the hotel. I just don't know what some others are talking about...maybe I was on an updated floor. We stayed on the 5th floor even-numbered room, non smoking. I am a light sleeper, and I was not bothered by the train at all. Also, this floor looked like brand new. Our room was very nice, very clean. Yes, the tv's are not flat-screen, but they worked fine. I found it to be a great deal. It's not fancy, but it is clean, in very nice condition, did not smell like smoke at all, and is a great family hotel that is close to restaurants and all tourist sites.

Room Tip: 5th floor was very nice and very quiet, at least in an even-numbered room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2012

The hotel was located close to everything but in desperate need of a upgrade. Stayed one night during August 2012. Stains on carpet and bathroom in need of a complete overhaul. Pool was in terrible shape. Staff very friendly. When I arrived, there was a storm and it had left the hotel without power but the daytime staff was very friendly. Did not have breakfast, too crowded. Will not stay again. Will stay at the Residence Inn across the street.

Room Tip: choose the Residence Inn, it is worth the money!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2012

This hotel is located close to everything. Clean room and the bed was comfortable.The check in was very fast. There are brochures in the lobby with all the area attractions. They have a pool that the kids loved. There is a train that runs behind the back of the hotel but we did not hear it. Nice hotel and the price was really inexpensive.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My children had stayed at this motel last year and told me for the price it was great. I agree. I read some of the reviews and wasn't too sure but was very happy with the hotel. The staff was very accomodating and courteous. Although we didn't stay for breakfast (just got coffee) it looked very good. I never noticed the smoke smell that several people have complained about.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with even numbers. Odd numbers are on the side where AmTrak goes by. We never noticed them .
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda A
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The reason I gave this hotel an excellent rating was because you get a good hotel room for a great price. First of all, I called the hotel for a rate and it was cheaper than the 800 number. I was concerned when I read other reviewers that I was going to a dump but I was pleasantly surprised. Their customer service is by far the greatest asset. When we checked in Markita was there and she was so friendly and helpful. We checked in late and she personally checked every floor for an extra roll away bed for us.
The room was dated -- the TV was NOT a flatscreen. But who really cares -- because it worked fine and it was a big screen size. I was happy that it was bolted onto the dresser so it wouldn't fall on my toddler. The room was clean and had no bad or smoky smells. We were on the 2nd floor. The carpet in the hallway and the rooms looked updated. The beds and linens were clean.
There is a train behind the hotel but unless you are an extremely light sleeper it won't bother you. We were closer to the back and usually anything wakes up our toddler but the train didn't. I don't remember hearing it except when we were awake.

The pool was great and they had towels at the pool. The breakfast was fine -- I thought it was big for a continental breakfast -- they had boiled eggs, bagels, donuts, toast, cereal, and all the drinks and condiments (jelly, cream cheese, etc). I actually couldn't find another hotel with an indoor pool and continental breakfast for under $80 in that area -- and our room was $60 - tax included. If you are willing to pay more money - you can definitely get a nicer decorated room at another hotel -- but for the price -- I thought this hotel was fantastic.

When we checked out the ladies at the front desk were very nice too. They were so helpful and I feel like they went out of their way to help people. They let someone behind the desk to use the computer to get mapquest directions and offered to let me use their computer to buy tickets to Busch Gardens. I will definitely stay there again when we go back -- we will actually go back to Williamsburg again soon since we know there's good hotel at a great price there.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and it was great -- if you're a light sleeper ask them for a room far away from the train.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family