I stayed at this hotel recently and it was the most awful stay I've ever experienced. First off, don't let the pictures fool you. Although the room was somewhat adequate, the halls on all floors were dirty, leaves and cobwebs everywhere, as well as cracks in the ceiling. My son noticed a dead bug on our floor (3rd) when we arrived, the bug was still there when we left 4 days later. A bird's nest was noticed near the light fixtures, all 3 vending machines on each floor was not working. My two boys refused to visit the pool - which is completely unheard off, since they are both like fish. The elevator smelled moldy and damp. The only good thing about this hotel was the breakfast, and the front desk lady, Amber. She was beautiful, courteous and always smiling. She made our stay a little comforting. The shuttle to the parks was also a plus. Also, there's a train track at the side of the hotel, which makes the rooms shake whenever it goes by at yes, 2 am. If you're thinking about staying here, don't. My boys told me over and over that they are not coming back here. Thanks but no thanks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An official Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Governor's Inn is a low-rise motor inn located in the heart of Williamsburg, just 3 blocks from the restored area, Merchant's Square shopping district, the College of William & Mary, and a short ride from Revolutionary City. It offers comfortable, economy accommodations and features an outdoor family-style pool, complimentary continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, a business center, and discounted admission tickets to programs and events in the historic area. Guests at the Governor's Inn have access to unlimited use of our shuttle buses which run at regularly scheduled intervals from the Visitors Center (near the Woodlands Hotel & Suites) and operate throughout the historic area. Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Governor's Inn - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Inn - Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Governors Hotel Williamsburg
- Governor Inn Williamsburg