For the price of this place, I really can't complain. There was a few hiccups like the stain on the carpet and they had to fix our hot water the last day but that's it. Otherwise this place is well worth what you pay for it. It was located within walking distance of Williamsburg. Warning it is nice walking to Williamsburg in the morning but walking home after a long hot day is not fun because you're exhausted. On the plus, once you get back they always had juice and coffee in the lobby for free to drink. In the morning they had a very nice, large continental breakfast included. Tip, don't eat in the lobby, it gets extremely crowded. I suggest to go up the stairs in the lobby, there is a whole other area with the same breakfast and seating and alot less crowded. Another bonus is because your staying at a Williamsburg hotel, you get a discount on the night time tours which we took advantage of. Another tip is to buy the refillable mug. You can buy them right in the hotel's lobby and it gives you free refills the whole time your in Williamsburg. The place isn't spectacular but reasonably priced, clean with lots amenities in a good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An official Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Governor's Inn is a low-rise motor inn located in the heart of Williamsburg, just 3 blocks from the restored area, Merchant's Square shopping district, the College of William & Mary, and a short ride from Revolutionary City. It offers comfortable, economy accommodations and features an outdoor family-style pool, complimentary continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, a business center, and discounted admission tickets to programs and events in the historic area. Guests at the Governor's Inn have access to unlimited use of our shuttle buses which run at regularly scheduled intervals from the Visitors Center (near the Woodlands Hotel & Suites) and operate throughout the historic area. Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Governor's Inn - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Inn - Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Governors Hotel Williamsburg
- Governor Inn Williamsburg